The Play Gym
Give your child the best possible start with a play gym that will provide them with a whole year of entertainment. We conducted extensive study in order to provide your child with the most appropriate stage-based play gym for their developing brain. For playtime and tummy time with a purpose, the Parents’ Choice award-winning play gym features everything your kid needs in an activity gym and play mat—from teething to learning to focus—for playtime and tummy time with a purpose. The product was created by child development specialists and is made of safe, healthy, and long-lasting materials for babies aged 0+.
Everything’s included(except the baby)
Detachable and perfectly designed for gripping, passing from hand to hand, and rolling, this Montessori classic is a timeless favorite. Batting and gripping are made more comfortable by ergonomic design. Parents who are sleep-deprived have given their approval to the sounds of the bell and castanet. Made of organic cotton, this mouthpiece is removable and ideal for mouthing. Silicone teething rings are made without the use of PVC, allowing for a safe and pleasurable teething experience. We expect newborns to be captivated by our high contrast visuals that gradually get more sophisticated over the first 12 weeks of their lives.
Encourage your infant to say his or her first words by showing him or her photographs of stuff they encounter every day.
Increase your vocabulary by interacting with pleasant people.
Playtime with purpose
Your infant will be completely captivated. These dynamic graphics were skilfully developed to correspond to the progression of their aesthetic style. Soft color tabs to explore will make tummy time more enjoyable. By the fifth month, newborns can see in color and in three dimensions. Kick or press to get a head start on learning about cause and effect. As his or her hand control improves, your baby will instinctively enjoy reaching out and touching the various textures. When your child discovers that the concealed ring is still in the pocket, despite the fact that it cannot be seen, they will be captivated.
Baby Safe Materials
This wood has been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), which indicates that it was sourced ethically and in an environmentally responsible manner. Neither flame retardants nor PVC are used in the production of the Play Gym. Mouthable accessories are manufactured from organic cotton and silicone that is 100 percent non-toxic. The mat is constructed of polyester materials that have been batch-tested to ensure that they are safe for babies. Following the findings of leading independent laboratories, we are certain that our products meet or exceed all applicable safety requirements for newborns and children.
All things are shipped carbon neutrally through programs that compensate for any carbon emissions we may have incurred during the shipping process. The Play Gym has received a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5 stars based on 1753 reviews.
We did all the research so you don’t have to
Create an account to receive activity suggestions, useful child development information, and exciting product updates from Lovevery through email.
Lovevery The Play Gym, Stage-Based Baby Play Mat
This environmentally friendly playmat is intended to direct your baby’s attention to the activities that are most appropriate for his or her developmental stage. Aside from the toys and teething rings, there are plenty of high-contrast graphics to look at, but you may hide portions of the book so that your child is not overstimulated by it. It even comes with a booklet that recommends mat activities based on your baby’s age and developmental stage. Furthermore, despite the fact that this play mat is expensive, it can be converted into a fort for older babies, allowing your child to enjoy it for a longer period of time.
- It’s a great place for my infant to play in.
- The mat material attracts dog fur pretty rapidly, but we only have to clean it with a lint roller once in a while because it is so durable.
- In addition to a black and white ball for gripping and rolling, the Lovevery play mat comes with BPA-free silicone teething rings and a range of toys that can be connected to its removable, sustainably produced wood legs, such as a black and white ball for clutching and rolling.
- “Five separate development zones enable baby to explore sensory activities and increase baby’s capacity to focus,” Neuman explained.
- Although it has various applications, including those for tummy time and beyond, its primary function is to aid in the development of physical, cognitive, visual, and motor learning in your newborn.
- When a cover is placed over the toy arches, the playmat instantly transforms into a play tent, which is especially handy for older children who are more mobile.
- It has five development zones that allow the children to concentrate, explore colors, engage in sensory discovery, and much more.
It also comes with four replaceable sets of learning cards.
It has such a sophisticated appearance that parents would be delighted to get one for their child.
Your child will be protected from damage by the wooden legs supporting the structure of the mat, which gives ideal stability and prevents any mishaps from occurring.
As a result, it takes only two minutes to fold up and down your apron and you are ready to go.
This huge baby play mat is designed with five developmental regions that will assist your child in strengthening their memory and, as a result, becoming more physically active.
The Play Gym is equipped with enough accessories to help your baby through their first year on the playground.
The mat is divided into five development zones that encourage color exploration, concentration, and hiding and discovery.
Also included is a handy guide that will walk you through a variety of age-appropriate activities you may perform with your toddler.
It includes a teether made of organic cotton as well as teething rings that are free of BPA for those times when your child begins to teethe.
The materials used to construct the play gym are all organic and sustainably sourced.
A unique feature of this gym is that it grows with your kid, allowing it to be utilized from the newborn stage all the way through the first year of life.
A play guide is also included with the play gym to assist parents in identifying appropriate methods to play and engage with their children in order to promote growth.
This finest baby play mat isn’t only for infants; it will really grow with your child as they progress through their toddler years as well.
It is the use of non-toxic materials in the construction of The Play Gym by Lovevery that we find to be most appealing, as it provides a perfectly safe environment for baby to play in.
Each of the five development zones is designed to stimulate the infant to engage in sensory activities, therefore improving the baby’s capacity to concentrate.
In this situation, it is not only entertaining, but it is also beneficial to your infant.
It may be a wonderful experience for your infant; let him or her to discover the wonders of this play gym while also assisting in their growth from an early age.
This play gym, created by a team of professionals (which includes a neurology professor, a Montessori teacher, and an occupational therapist), has something to offer for every stage of a baby’s development.
For older babies, there are secret pockets, diverse textures, noises, and a range of visually interesting cards to discover and experiment with.
In addition, parents will receive a play guide that contains suggestions to keep their baby entertained for a whole year.
This baby play gym helps to improve visual, motor, and cognitive development in infants and toddlers from birth to three years of age.
It is constructed with sustainably collected wood and organic accessories, and it is finished with a water-based non-toxic finish.
There are five development zones, each of which helps to minimize overstimulation while still encouraging learning.
You will receive a play guide with this baby play gym, which will assist you in determining what activities may be performed for infants in general.
You may be certain that your baby’s clothing is safe because it is made of organic cotton fabric.
Cleaning is also not a tough task to complete.
Using the removable legs, you can wash the entire mat in the washing machine without having to disassemble it.
Furthermore, the play Gym is a versatile tool that may develop with your child from the time he or she is a newborn to a toddler.
The Play Gym’s mat is divided into five development zones that encourage learning in the areas of attention, color exploration, sound creation, hiding and discovering, and how objects feel, while also preventing over-stimulation and promoting learning.
Lovevery’s The Play Gym play mat is equal parts interesting and entertaining for babies ranging in age from 0 months to 12 months.
Its “development zones” assist tiny ones in learning how things feel, how to create specific noises, and about concealing and locating objects in their environment.
Parents of MASSE students adore it for two reasons: the teachings it gives and the fact that they last for an entire year.
To minimize overstimulation and enhance brain and motor skill development, the gym has five development zones that may be revealed or concealed as needed.
There are 24 stage-based play activities, an organic ball and teether, a sustainable wood batting toy, four replaceable learning card sets, and mirrors, so your child will never be bored in this play area!
Stability is provided by sustainably produced oak legs. Setup and takedown take no more than 2 minutes, and no tools are necessary. For toddlers, it may even be transformed into a play fort!
The Lovevery Play Gym
The Lovevery Play Gym is one of the most well-known Montessori-style gyms in the United States. It’s jam-packed with features that will assist your kid to acquire those critical early abilities that are so critical to success. The Lovevery Gym is meant to develop with your kid from birth to one year of age, with an ever-changing assortment of activities, games, and surprises. It is available in two sizes: small and large. See if the Love Every Play Gym is a good fit for your family by taking this quiz!
While it is relatively simple to assemble and does not require any additional tools, it is a class above the competition when compared to other play gyms.
It has been created by child development professionals who understand how to assist your kid develop at each stage of his or her life.
The play mat and the wooden gym frame are the two most important components of the entire construction.
Lovevery Play Mat
There are five sides to the Lovevery play mathas, which are referred to as ‘growth zones,’ each of which has a different chore, game, toy, or activity. Starting at the very top and working our way clockwise, we have:
- There is a focus zone for slipping in age-appropriate cards to support visual development
- A color zone with 8 different colored tabs to explore
- A touch zone with different textures to play with
- An audio zone that can be kicked or pressed to produce squeaks
- And a hide-and-seek zone for hiding and finding items in the pocket.
Each of the four sides has a flap that can be folded back on itself to encourage your infant to concentrate on a specific location or to avoid overstimulation of the entire body. The mat, gym, and accessories are all created from materials that are safe for babies. They are devoid of flame retardants, bisphenol A (BPA), lead, and phthalates, among other things. The chewable accessories are produced from organic cotton and silicone that is 100 percent non-toxic. A batch of ingredients used to construct the mat were evaluated for toxicity before being used to confirm that they were fully harmless.
Their gross motor abilities will be tested, and there’s no question that they will improve as a result!
The Play Gym
The gym frame truly brings the mat together and transforms it into something spectacular. If your baby is a nibbler, you won’t have to worry about it because it’s constructed of sustainably harvested wood and sealed with a non-toxic finish. It is quite simple to assemble and does not necessitate the use of any screwdrivers or drills. You can see in the video above, titled “How to Set Up the Lovevery Play Gym,” how quickly and easily it can be assembled. There are approximately 8 other objects that may be hung from the gym:
- A wooden batting ring, an organic cotton teether, a Montessori black and white ball, teething rings, the black and white card set, the mirror card set, the common objects card set, the faces card set, and a Montessori black and white ball are all included.
When baby is on his or her back and gazing up, the cards may be fastened to the top of the gym (clips are included), or they can be put into the ‘concentration zone’ during tummy time.
It’s important to remember that there’s nothing prohibiting you from making your own cards to put in the pockets as well. The play guide, which is also included, will provide you with suggestions on what objects to utilize for each age and developmental stage at which your baby is now at.
The Lovevery Tent
With the play space cover, the Lovevery gym can be transformed into a tent or fort, allowing for even more entertainment. The play gym cover is simple to apply to the frame and offers a number of different exits and entrances. As a result, the gym becomes an even more fascinating environment for both newborns and toddlers.
Lovevery Gym Reviews
Overall, the Lovevery Play Gym is a fantastic addition to any baby’s equipment collection! Despite the fact that it may be deemed expensive, there is a great deal of value provided. It has a lengthy shelf life, can be used for several children, and may even be a critical player in your baby’s growth in the coming years. Please recommend the Lovevery Play Gym to any friends or family members who are seeking for the ideal present for your infant. You may get it via Lovevery’s online store (which offers free shipping inside the United States) or from Amazon.
We hope this information has assisted you in determining whether or not this product will be beneficial to your kid.
Save this post to your Pinterest board!
The Stylish Lovevery Play Gym
When you’re shopping for a play gym or activity mat, it might be difficult to figure out exactly what you’re looking for. Is it only for show that the dangling toys and crunchy items are there, or is there anything more to it? The brain of your infant doubles in growth in the first year (and reaches 80 percent of adult size by the time they are three years old), according to research. Whoa.) This implies that all of the clutching, looking, touching, and kicking your baby performs in their play area adds up to a significant amount of learning for him or her.
It’s similar to a little learning laboratory.
So, despite the fact that it may appear to be comparable to other exercise gyms, there is a lot happening here.
1. Development Zones
The Lovevery Play Gym includes a large play surface (up to 50 inches when it is fully extended) with five separate development “zones” that can be hidden and revealed for optimum discovery pleasure. The Lovevery Play Gym is available in two sizes. Each zone was designed to assist promote learning in a variety of ways, from producing noises to understanding how things feel to examining colors and even learning about the permanence of objects in the environment.
You may fold, extend, and in some cases even alter the landscape of these growth zones to provide your baby with a diverse range of play experiences during and after tummy time.
2. Educational Accessories
Typically, replaceable attachments are included with play gyms, but Lovevery went the additional mile to ensure that each of theirs has a particular, research-backed function in your baby’s developmental journey. Teething? There’s an accessory for every occasion. Is it possible to learn to grasp? There’s an accessory for every occasion. Even the squishy, high-contrast ball that comes with the Play Gym was created with Montessori-learning concepts in mind when it was created! For babies who are just starting to reach and grip, Lovevery has introduced a brand-new accessory to their collection calledSensory Strands, which delivers diverse texture experiences ranging from silky silk to squishy organic cotton for when they are learning to reach and grip.
3. Baby Flash Cards
So, do you recall how the Lovevery Play Gym evolves together with your child’s development? One of the ways it accomplishes this is through the use of interchangeable cards that can be used to move between development zones. You’ll begin with a set of high contrast black-and-white cards that are appropriate for newborns and progressively progress through common items, mirrors, and photographs of other babies as your child begins to learn about the world around them.
4. Play Gym to Play Tent
However, while the Lovevery Play Gym may be a little more expensive than other play gyms you’ve researched, it is truly a “buy one, get one free” offer. When your child outgrows their play gym, just cover it with the Play Space Cover that comes with the set and you’ve got yourself a fort fit for a toddler.
5. Built-in Parental Support
Being a parent does not instantly transform you into a master of baby sign language or an adept at sculpting small creatures out of leftover snack items. And Lovevery understands this. Because you’re probably too busy trying to figure out life with a newborn to be concerned about whether or not you’re teaching them enough about shapes, the Play Gym was created to alleviate this concern. To that end, every Lovevery Play Gym comes with a play guide that has a year’s worth of suggestions for how to play with your baby, backed up by (as they describe it) “all the research you don’t have time to read.” This means less time spent Googling and more time spent bonding with your child.
- Using the Lovevery Play Gym, you can assist encourage your baby’s growth at every shaky step of the road!
- Lovevery has provided sponsorship for this post.
- We restrict our sponsored content to relevant partners that provide products and services that we believe in and that we ourselves use and enjoy.
- We do not assume any responsibility for any damage, loss, or risk, whether personal or otherwise, that may arise as a result of, or as a result of the use of, any information or advice provided on this website, whether directly or indirectly.
Babylist may get revenue if you click on one of the affiliate links in this article. Learn more about how we write Babylist material and theBabylist Health Advisory Board by reading the following articles.
Lovevery Play Gym
After reading a PhD dissertation on the Neurological Development of Infants, co-founder Jessica realized that early development experiences wouldn’t just happen on their own; she needed to go out and make them happen for other children. After discussing her discoveries with her friend, Rod, the two of them went on to start Lovevery, a company that provides goods and knowledge to assist new parents and their children have positive developmental experiences. Lovevery draws together academics, researchers, and practitioners from a wide range of fields to provide a comprehensive approach that is easy, accessible, and relevant to you and your baby’s unique needs and circumstances.
In order to minimize overstimulation, the play gym is divided into five development zones that expose or conceal, allowing children to engage in activities such as producing noises, learning to focus, hiding and discovering, exploring colors, and much more!
- Legs made of FSC-certified sustainable wood
- Finishes that are water-based and non-toxic
- There are five development zones. Removable attachments that have been baby-tested include:
- Montessori ball made of organic cotton with a strong contrast pattern
- A hardwood batting ring that has been ergonomically built
- Organic cotton teether with a silicone ring that is free of BPA
- Cards in black and white with graphics that have a lot of contrast
- Mirror card set, common items card set, body parts card set are some of the options.
- Cover for the play area that changes the gym into a tent
- Made of machine-washable polyester, this playmat is ideal for children. Inspiration and activities for child growth are provided in this play guide. Setup and takedown take no more than 2 minutes, and no tools are necessary. Age recommendation: 0 years and above
- Dimensions (with mat zones open): 50′′ W x 471′′ H
- 50′′ W x 471′′ H
The Lovevery baby gym skips the annoying music and flashy colors, but it sustains my son’s attention longer than others we’ve tried
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, Insider may get a commission.
- A variety of basic toys and play stations are provided by theLovevery Play Gym to keep newborns occupied while they play. In consultation with child development specialists, the gym was created, and it comes with a useful handbook. This baby activity gym was the most engaging of all the baby activity gyms I tested
- It was also the most affordable.
Something is in the process of loading. Babies become captivated with the most little of things — my 9-month-old just spent 15 minutes chatting to a sock he had stolen from the clean laundry pile — and they grow up fast. However, most infant toys are anything from basic, with bright colors, flashing lights, and obnoxious music to distract from the task at hand. Because theLovevery Play Gym is not like most other baby toys, I could tell the difference right away as I pulled the wooden arches out of the package.
The Play Gym is available in two sizes.
“As a therapist, I would argue that being positioned on the floor to play is the most crucial experience for a baby’s development,” she stated.
Playing on the floor in a variety of postures helps newborns develop strength and boost visual motor abilities, as well as get a broad understanding of how their bodies function.” Despite its simplicity — or perhaps because of it — theLovevery Play Gym managed to keep my son’s interest while encouraging grabbing and rolling skills.
To test the product, Lovevery provided me with a sample, which I used with my son for more than three months, beginning when he was six months old. It is the greatest baby exercise gym that we have tested so far because of its design and adaptability.
Design and specs
Hillary Grigonis/INSIDER Photograph TheLovevery Play Gym consists of three wooden arches that can be quickly and easily erected without the use of tools with the help of a plastic centerpiece. The arches are about 20 inches in height, which gives sufficient height for older infants to engage in sitting play activities. An optional cover transforms the gym into a tent, however it does so at the expense of obscuring several of the tummy time stations. With the tummy time stations unfolded, or around 3 feet when they are closed, there is ample of space to roll around in.
- It comes with five built-in play stations for tummy time: images, colors, noises, textures, and hide-and-seek.
- To encourage baby to concentrate on a single region at a time, each portion may be folded up and placed on the floor.
- In addition to the three hanging toys, the Play Gym features a fabric ball, a wooden noisemaker with bell, and a teething ring made of crinkle fabric for little ones.
- The mat, which is made of a polyester blend, is machine washable but must be dried on a clothesline.
- You should avoid washing it with towels since it will wrinkle and attract dust and other particles.
What it’s like to use
Insider photo by Hillary Grigonis The Lovevery Play Gym maintained my son’s interest for longer periods of time than other baby gyms, either as a result of the simple design, or perhaps as a result of it. This allowed me to fold laundry or do the dishes. He had a lot of fun with the wood hanging toy, shaking it, examining it, and simply jabbering at it. Tummy time was prolonged by the crinkly fabric in the noise station, which was amazing for a baby who had previously expressed a dislike for being on his stomach.
I would have never thought to utilize a ball or the crinkle tummy time portion to encourage kicking had I not seen it done.
What makes it stand out
In comparison to fabric and plastic play gyms, wooden play gyms are far less frequent. However, the Lovevery Play Gym stands out for much more than just its clean, modern appearance. It was created in partnership with child development specialists, and this is evident in the final product. The gym, which does not rely on bright colors or electronic music, stimulates rolling, prolongs tummy time, and keeps baby concentrated on a single item for extended periods of time. The carpet is my favorite aspect of the room.
Additionally, the developmental roadmap is quite helpful in determining age-appropriate activity.
However, the higher shape enables for sitting play, and toddlers may like the tent cover’s cartoon-like appearance. These characteristics contribute to the product’s long-term usefulness. Hillary Grigonis/INSIDER Photograph
While the wood arches are a nice feature in general, the hanging toys are linked to the arches using holes in the wood, which means they cannot be moved or raised to different heights. Because of the amount of space between each toy, the smallest newborns will only be able to reach one at a time while they are young. It’s possible that this is done on purpose since overstimulation might be an issue. It is possible that the size of this mat will be an issue for apartment residents and people who live in compact areas.
Storage, on the other hand, is not a concern because it is simple to disassemble.
The bottom line
TheLovevery Play Gymis the greatest baby activity gym that I’ve tested so far, thanks to its basic design and toys that have been devised by child development specialists. Despite its plain design, the hanging toys and tummy time stations managed to hold my son’s attention for an extended period of time, and the mat’s big size is beneficial to developmental milestones such as crawling and rolling. It is a splurge item, with a suggested retail price of $140. Other exercise gyms, such as theSkip Hop Farmstand($85), will continue to support the same developmental stages.
- Cons: Large play mat, wood construction, flexible play, simple to clean, developmental guidance.
- The writer and photographer Hillary K.
- Her weekdays are spent writing about camera technology, while her weekends are spent photography weddings and portrait sessions.
- She also likes to jog, go camping, kayak, and do yoga.
- Find out more about how our team of specialists tests and analyzes items at Insider by visiting this page.
Lovevery The Play Gym
Lovevery conducted all of the research and constructed The Play Gym just for you. For the first time ever, Lovevery’s award-winning first product features everything you could possibly want in an activity gym, from batting to teething to learning to focus for a whole year of play. Experts in child development created this game.
ALL THE DETAILS
- For children aged 0 and up
- Legs made with wood that has been sustainably harvested
- Setup and takedown take no more than 2 minutes, and no tools are necessary. Removable attachments that have been baby-tested include:
- Organic Cotton High Contrast Montessori Ball
- Wooden Batting Ring made from sustainable sources
- Organic Cotton Teether with BPA-free Silicone Ring
- Play Guide with ideas and activities from child development professionals
- Play Guide with inspiration and activities from child development specialists
- To minimize overstimulation and enhance learning, there are five development zones on the Play Mat that may be revealed or concealed. These include:
- Learning to concentrate
- Making noises
- How things feel
- Hiding and discovering
- And exploring colors are some of the activities. Cover for the Play Space to allow for imaginative play
- Mat zones are closed for 24 hours, 38 minutes, and 43 seconds
- 24 hours, 50 watts, 47 liters, with mat zones open
- There are no batteries necessary. It is not need to use any tools for setup or takedown. The play mat and cotton teether are machine washable, and the wood is FSC certified as responsibly obtained. Finishes that are water-based and non-toxic
- Learning cards that have been printed using soy ink Teething toys produced from 100 percent organic cotton are available. The play mat is constructed of machine-washable polyester fabrics that have been batch tested to be non-toxic and suitable for babies. Components made of plastic and silicone that are free of BPA and phthalates
Lovevery Play Gym Review – Is It Worth It?
I must have blinked and Baby K was two months old overnight! Since we got her home, time has flown by, and it has been incredible to see her develop and learn new things on a daily basis. It seems like she’s been much more attentive and engaging in recent days – she’s even been smiling and “chatting” with us! As she continues to develop, I want to make certain that I begin to incorporate things into our day that are beneficial to her growth and development. And that’s when the Lovevery Play Gym comes in to play.
Disclosure: Lovevery provided me with a Play Gym in exchange for my review, but all thoughts expressed are my own. The following is a table of contents:
- What exactly is Lovevery? What Is Included in the Package
- Preparing for the Play Gym
- What Makes Lovevery Play Gym Unique
- Play Gym Review
- Is It Worth It
- How Much Does It Cost? Where to Purchase
- Finally, some last thoughts
- Questions that are frequently asked
What is Lovevery?
Lovevery is a firm that believes in the power of play and the capacity of play to assist your child in reaching their full potential. Children, according to Lovevery, require chances for mobility, active learning, and outside exploration in addition to the foundational pillars of early reading and numeracy instruction. Lovevery offers subscription kits, in which you may sign up to get quarterly boxes (referred to as “Play Kits”) with age-appropriate toys and activities for your children. The Play Gym, among other Montessori toys, is available for purchase at their retail store.
Everything you need to utilize the Play Gym is contained within the package that contains the Play Gym. This includes the following: The Playing Field Organic Cotton High Contrast BallBatting RingOrganic Cotton TeetherTeething Rings Organic Cotton High Contrast BallBatting RingOrganic Cotton Teether Set of Cards in Black and White Set of Mirror Cards Set of Cards with Common Objects Set of Faces Playing Cards Guide to PlayingNap Tent
Setting up to Play Gym
Setup was a breeze, and I was even able to do it while carrying my three-year-old around on my shoulders. The top of the Play Gym is made of wood and comes in three sections that click together effortlessly. It took me less than 5 minutes to put it together and have it working!
How Lovevery Play Gym is Different
After receiving the Play Gym, the first thing that occurred to me was how this would be any different from the old playmat we had from when my 3-year-old was a newborn. I was surprised to see that it was completely different when I opened it up, though. The mat itself features different activities and colors on each side of it, and one side of the mat flips up to reveal a deck of cards with different activities and colors on each side (more on that later). The Play Gym is also exceptionally durable and well-constructed, and the details have been meticulously considered!
As a parent, going to the Play Gym makes me feel good because it helps me feel like I’m contributing to Baby K’s growth by engaging in these age-appropriate activities.
Play Gym Review
To prepare myself for using it with Baby K, I looked through the Play Guide to gather some ideas for things to do with her. The Play Guide is divided into sections depending on different age groups, with the youngest segment beginning at 0-12 weeks of age. What I enjoy about the book is that it not only provides activity suggestions, but it also describes developmental milestones during each period as well as the advantages of each activity they recommend. The Play Guide is divided into six sections, which are as follows: 0 to 12 weeks 3-4 months is a reasonable estimate.
- 9-10 months is a reasonable estimate.
- Because Baby K is still under the age of 0-12 weeks, I began with that area.
- Some of the suggested activities in the pamphlet include placing the included high contrast cards at the top of the play gym (there are clips to hold them in place- clever!
- Doing side-lying with the cards was another action that was recommended.
- Baby K normally dislikes side-lying, but because the cards were visible to her, she relished the opportunity to try it out.
- She also enjoys enjoying tummy time now that she is older.
The Play Gym also comes with a cover, which can be used to transform the gym into a little fort when the children are older. It’s something I haven’t used yet, but I can see it becoming a useful function in the future! Review of the Lovevery Play Kit (Related Post)
Is it Worth it?
Every penny spent on theLovevery Play Gymwas well spent, and I would strongly suggest it to any and all parents! Unlike the usual play mat, this gym evolves with the infant during their first year of life and is far more instructive. My favorite part about having the Play Guide is that it assists me in finding age-appropriate things to do with Baby K. I can also see that Baby K enjoys the mat a great deal as well. As soon as we started utilizing the contrast cards, she burst into tears and glowed with delight as she looked at each one carefully.
I’m looking forward to continuing to use this with her and seeing how she develops and grows in the future!
Where to Buy
It costs $140 to purchase the Lovevery Play Gym, which can be found on the company’s website here, at certain Target stores, and on Target.com.
The Lovevery Play Gym is absolutely worth investing in, and I’m thrilled that we now have one in our home! It’s an excellent technique to assist your baby in learning via play. It is strongly recommended that you get the Lovery Play Gym if you are expecting a child or are seeking for the perfect present for new parents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Play Gym may be washed in the washing machine.
When to Start Using the Play Gym
It is possible to utilize the Play Gym once baby has lost their umbilical cord stump and is able to do stomach time! This can occur as early as one or two weeks after birth!
What Age Group is it Good for?
The Play Gym contains suggested activities for children ranging in age from 0 to 12 months.
What is Montessori?
It is based on the idea of Maria Montessori, who designed a child-centered education approach, and the Lovevery Play Gym is influenced by this philosophy.
Lovevery Play Gym Review: This Mom’s Honest Thoughts
So your kid is ready for a play gym, but you don’t want to buy baby gear that has music or bright colors since it would distract your child. When it comes to play gyms, the Lovevery play gym stands out; it’s a play gym with basic toys and play stations that will keep your baby entertained and interested for hours on end. A common misconception about keeping an infant’s attention span is that baby music and flashing colors are required. However, this is far from the reality. Pediatricians and child development professionals are unanimous in their belief that youngsters do not require those items, but rather require a variety of textures and colors to examine and observe.
Every toy they sell is specifically designed for the developmental phases of your baby as they grow, and their play gym is no exception to this rule.
Furthermore, it is well-known for being of good quality as well as being completely charming.
You can bet that I had the same questions and wondered about the same things, but it wasn’t until I tried out their toys that I could state with certainty that Lovevery is a worthwhile purchase. Let’s take a closer look at everything about this play gym and why it’s such a terrific choice.
Design and Specs of the Lovevery Play Gym
This play gym includes three wooden arches that measure 20 inches high at the top, allowing larger infants to sit underneath them while they are still in their cribs. Additionally, it has a little cover that can be used to transform the play gym into a tent. This is fantastic! Lovevery hung three toys from the arch: a fabric ball, a wooden noisemaker, and an organic cotton teething ring with crinkly fabric. A fabric ball, a wooden noisemaker, and an organic cotton teething ring with crinkly fabric.
- Your newborn will love five distinct tummy time stations, each featuring a different activity for him or her to engage in, such as a mirror, play ribbons, and crinkly fabric.
- These play spaces are ideal for newborns, and they are filled with a variety of activities that babies will love.
- To encourage your infant to concentrate on a single region at a time, you may fold up each portion individually.
- It spans 4 feet across when all of the tummy time mats are spread out, making it the perfect size for your newborn to roll around and play on his or her own.
- It may be washed in a washing machine, but it must be allowed to dry naturally.
- However, I just removed mine and hanged it over the handrail of our stairwell, which worked well.
- Despite the fact that the material chosen is not dryer friendly, it is smooth and cool to the touch.
Lovevery Play Gym’s Five Developmental Play Zones
Its five development zones, which can be buried and uncovered to enhance the learning experience, are one of the most appealing aspects of this playgym.
- Visual development is addressed in both zones. The first zone contains interchangeable black and white cards with varying patterns that help promote your baby’s vision development
- The second zone also addresses visual development. Baby’s vision changes as they grow, and they will recognize the different colored tabs on the mat as they get older. The third zone is designed to encourage your baby to reach out and touch things. It is decorated with a variety of colors and textures, making it an excellent area for your baby to practice fine motor skills. Babies learn about cause and effect in the next zone, where he makes sounds by kicking, pressing, and otherwise manipulating various objects. Believe me when I say that newborns adore this
- The last zone has a silicone teether that can be tucked away in a built-in pocket. Babies enjoy the game of hide and seek because it helps them comprehend the concept of object permanence. They come to understand that items exist even when you cannot see or hear them.
Lovevery has put a lot of effort into building development play zones that are actually beneficial to your baby’s development, and I appreciate that you have the ability to choose which aspects to display. Too much stimulus is never a healthy thing for newborns, and displaying only one or two videos at a time helps to prevent your baby from being overwhelmed with information.
Why I Love the Lovevery Play Gym
When compared to other play gyms, the Lovevery Play Gym stands out as a distinct alternative. Because it has a larger price tag and a more minimalist look, you might wonder if it’s worth it to spend the extra money on it. Personally, I believe that this play gym is well worth the money because it has provided hours and hours of entertainment. Some of our favorite features about this fantastic baby play gym include the following.
1. The Arches Feel Sturdy
Unlike many other play mats, I found the wooden arches on the Lovevery Gym to be strong and long-lasting, in contrast to many others. I’m convinced that the Lovevery gym will be around for many years to come, and if you want to have additional children, that’s something to think about as you plan your family. When it comes to flexible tubing arms, you’re undoubtedly used to seeing them on other play mats. However, those aren’t particularly long-lasting.
Despite the fact that I had one playmat from a well-known brand that had soft arches, I was always subconsciously concerned that they would fly off the playmat because of their design. Despite their sturdiness, the wooden arms will not collapse on the child.
2. The Developmental Play Zones
The various belly time stations have proven to be a major hit with my young children. A distinctive design devised by child development specialists who were engaged by Lovevery is evident, and it is well-executed. Each station has something that your infant will love, such as a variety of tactile materials to explore. More time on his belly than ever before, and I attribute this to the fact that the varied stations kept his interest so well throughout the experience. The developmental guide informs you of the purpose of each station as well as how to utilize it.
The fact that kicking generates noise will be learned by your kid.
3. The Included Guide is Helpful
With the purchase of their play gym, Lovevery gives a yearlong developmental guide, which I find to be really helpful. It assists parents in understanding the age-appropriate play and demonstrates how to get the most out of this play gym for a complete calendar year.
4. The Play Gym Encourages Movement and Focusing
This gym does not have all of the crazy music or flashing colors that other gyms have, and I have noticed that my baby walks about more instead of lying down and starring at the lights hanging over them.
5. It’s Taller for Older Infants
One of my qualms about purchasing play gyms for newborns is that you only get a few months’ worth of usage out of them before they have to be put away since they’ve grown out of them and are no longer appropriate for them. The Lovevery Play Gym, on the other hand, is an exception. The fact that this play gym is higher than other baby play gyms means that your infant can play on it while still sitting. Then you may cover the wooden arches with the tent cover that comes with the package. Children enjoy tents, so this is a great way to get extra usage out of your play gym by putting it in one.
6. They Use Many Non-Toxic Materials
Organic cotton toys and teething rings are some of my favorite things to see on the Lovevery Play Gym. When I purchased a play gym for my oldest, all of the toys were made of polyester. And I didn’t think it was such a huge problem at the time, but as soon as he started mouthing the toys, I began to second guess my decision to acquire them. However, while I do not believe that everything is completely non-toxic (the mat itself is made of polyester), they do employ high-quality materials where and where it counts the most.
The Not-So-Ideal Things
Everything has its drawbacks, so let’s take a look at some of the things I don’t particularly enjoy about the Lovevery Play Gym.
- The toys that dangle from the ceiling cannot be adjusted: To be really honest, I don’t care for the fact that you can’t relocate the dangling toys
- This is my biggest pet peeve. It is impossible to move or modify the placements of the toys since they are fastened with slots. It’s a bit on the pricey side: The Lovevery is a very expensive infant play gym when compared to other options. It does, however, perform a variety of functions, making it akin to having several toys or products in one
- It is significantly larger than other play gyms: Okay, this may be viewed as either a pro or a drawback. However, if you live in an area with limited space, such as a tiny apartment, the size of the playmat may provide a problem. It requires a significant amount of area, which may be acceptable if you have the necessary space. It measures 24″ x 38″ x 43″ when the mat zones are closed, but 24″ x 50″ x 47″ when all the mat zones are open, among other things.
Where to Shop: The Lovevery Play Gym
If you prefer, you can purchase straight on Lovevery’s website (which is also a convenient method to add on the Play Kits membership as well), or you can get from your favorite big box retailer. Purchase from Lovevery|Target|Amazon.
When Can You Start Using the Lovevery Play Gym?
It is possible for parents to begin utilizing the Lovevery Play Gymin within the first few weeks of their baby’s existence.
It is advised for children aged 0 and up during the first year. As a result, physicians urge that you begin stomach time as soon as your baby’s umbilical cord stump has been removed from his or her body.
Is The Lovevery Play Gym Worth The Cost?
Let’s speak about how much the Lovevery Play Gym will cost you. This playmat is around $140, which is significantly more costly than comparable mats available on the market. For many individuals, the price tag eliminates it from consideration because it is beyond their financial means. However, if you are able to pay the price, here are some of my comments.
- The construction of this play gym is of exceptional quality. For someone who has more than one child, this will endure for years, which is important to know. According to my personal experience, most play gyms only survive through one child before the tubing breaks
- The resale potential of this mat is exceptional. I personally enjoy selling items that my children no longer use, and I’ve seen these mats go for up to $100 when they’re in good condition. Most listings, however, are between $60 and $80, which I believe is a terrific resale value
- You can also use it to extend the life of your car. Because of the inclusion of the tent cover, you may use this mat for up to a year or longer.
General, I believe that this play gym is well worth the money spent because of the overall quality and lifespan of the item.
If you’re thinking about getting a new play mat for your baby, the Lovevery Play Gym is a fantastic alternative for you and your child. Despite the higher price tag, it is a well-designed mat that will aid in the growth and development of your baby, and it will last you for at least a year for each of your children. Don’t forget that because of the high quality, you may use it for numerous children. And if you’re impressed with the quality of Lovevery’s Play Gym, you should certainly check out their Play Kits.
They are just great!
- Thirteen of the best Pikler triangles that your child will like. It’s important to understand what toy rotation is, why you need one, and how to get started. Non-Toxic Baby Toys: A Guide to the Safest Toy Brands for Babies
- Non-Toxic Baby Toys: A Guide to the Safest Toy Brands for Babies 30+ of the Best Toys & Gifts for Babies Under One Year Old
- The Best Gift Ideas for One-Year-Olds
- 35+ Amazing Gift Ideas for One-Year-Olds