DIY Carnival Party Big Top Tent
Ok. You could object that this isn’t Halloween! But, as far as I’m concerned, what says Fall/October more than a carnival.all right. Perhaps Halloween communicates the season better than a carnival. BUT. I assure you that you will still like this. And if you don’t, you’ll be glad to know that there’s always tomorrow! Also, I’m thinking a carnival theme would be a fantastic theme for a Halloween party, don’t you think? First and foremost, you must have a Big Top. You begin with one of these, an industrial-grade hardwood spool, as your starting point.
That’s a good question.
Starting with your power provider or any other firm you can think of that could have enormous wooden spools built for carrying large items such as wire, start by contacting them.
The point is, you’ll have to do some digging, but you’ll be able to find one, and you’ll most likely not have to spend a thing for it!
- Purchase many tiny pieces of flexible PVC (1/4′′ or 1/2′′ in diameter) that can be bent easily, as well as enough couplers to connect the sections (or get the kind like we did that fits end to end).
- Take a piece of wood; I used a circular piece that had been left over from a mirror project, but any shape would do for this project.
- Measure and cut several lengths of durable thread or rope.
- Also, make certain that the lengths are the identical or you’ll end up with a shaky tent.
- Using a staple gun, attach each string to the top of your PVC pole at the point where it meets the part of wood you’ve already fastened to the top of your pole.
- Did you know that 100-foot rolls of plastic tablecloth material are available?
- However, they do.
In addition, you may make advantage of your 40% off coupon, which is becoming increasingly available as the holidays approach.
Simply roll out a strip of plastic, attach it to the wood portion at the top of your pole, and alternate your colors: red, white, then back again!
If you’re like me, you’re under the impression that you’re building a tent large enough to have parts that extend all the way to the ground while still seating your visitors and being functional.
It will be necessary to go back and clip out all of those areas, which will be a complete waste of time and money in the long run.
I apologize for the oversight.
A Big Top for your next Carnival-themed party is a great idea.
More ideas for your Halloween (or not) celebration will be shared in a future post about my son’s 1st birthday, which will be themed around carnivals. A Carnival 1st Birthday Party may be viewed in its entirety by clicking here. Jamie Lott is a singer-songwriter from the United Kingdom.
Big Top provides a solution for your particular field of expertise. Fabric shelters have been successfully installed all around the world. Big Top Fabric Structures is a company that specializes in the bespoke fabrication of fabric structures such as tents and shelters. Since 1979, we’ve been recognized as industry pioneers in the fabric structure sector, supplying enterprises all over the world with long-lasting, dependable, and low-maintenance shelter systems to safeguard their most valuable assets.
- When it comes to designing and creating a bespoke fabric structure for your organization, look no further than the professionals at Big Top Fabric Structures.
- Large-scale fabric constructions from Big Top are among the most trustworthy in the business.
- Of course, we also provide technical solutions for places that encounter significant snowfall, high winds, earthquakes, or any other situations that necessitate compliance with building code requirements and regulations.
- Additionally, for those that wish it, we may provide onsite consulting services to assist them with the design process.
- Our tent constructions do not require permanent foundations, which saves not only time, but also the money that would be spent on constructing a new concrete basis for the structure.
- In fact, they are so simple to erect, disassemble, and modify that they may be completed by unskilled laborers who have never constructed a comparable building before.
- Types of Structures Fabric Structures with a Wide Range of Applications Equipment Upkeep and Repair Your employees will be able to work comfortably and safely beneath one of Big Top’s fabric structures while doing equipment maintenance and fabrication chores.
Read on to find out more Recycling Ample area for recycling processing, protection from the weather so that manufacturing may continue uninterrupted, and ventilation to reduce smells are all provided by Big Top’s clear-span fabric constructions.
These structures can be customized to practically any size and may be temperature regulated with an HVAC system.
Read on to find out more Applications that are created just for you Big Top’s versatile fabric constructions may be customized to almost any size and with virtually any number of attachments, such as ventilation and flooring, to match your exact requirements.
Read on to find out more Mounted on a shipping container Any type of foundation, even shipping containers, may be used to underpin a fabric structure built by Big Top Construction.
Read on to find out more Mobile-Cranelifting The fabric structures of the Big Top can be moved in their whole with a crane, and they can be designed for telescopic manipulation with a crane rail.
They can also serve as muster stations for troops seeking cover from harsh weather. Read on to find out more Types of Structures Fabric Structures with a Wide Range of Applications
A Fabric Structure Customized for Your Specific IndustryApplication
Big Top knows that the parameters of any fabric structure can vary greatly based on the industry and application in which it is utilized. That is why we are pleased to provide a variety of accessories to complement our shelter systems. Big Top can provide you with everything you need for your enclosed space, including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting, flooring, speciality doors, insulation, and any other solutions you may require. We provide a number of add-on options that allow you to customize your fabric structure to meet your individual demands and environmental circumstances.
We also provide fabric structures that are cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
We’re happy to provide great lead times after receiving your purchase, allowing you to get back to work as quickly as possible after placing your order.
Solutions That Are Tailored a large number of accessories Engineering on the Cutting Edge Installation is quick and simple.
Amazon.com: Fun Express Big Top Canopy Tent – 1 Piece – Educational and Learning Activities for Kids : Toys & Games
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product I’m overjoyed On October 14, 2014, a review was conducted in the United States. Was the most talked-about person at the gathering. I placed it over the cake table. It had a fantastic appearance.
Top reviews from the United States
verified purchaseReviewed on October 14, 2014 in the United States of America Was the most talked-about person at the gathering. I placed it over the cake table. It had a fantastic appearance. 5.0 stars out of 5 for this product I’m overjoyed On October 14, 2014, a review was conducted in the United States. Was the most talked-about person at the gathering. I placed it over the cake table. It had a fantastic appearance. The photographs in this review The product was reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2018 and was confirmed to be a purchase.
- While a little more pricey than I would have preferred to pay, it is a quality product in general.
- 5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Cute was released on September 2, 2018 in the United States of America.
- While a little more pricey than I would have preferred to pay, it is a quality product in general.
- The photographs in this review verified purchaseReviewed on April 1, 2019 in the United States of America I was quite dissatisfied with this product.
- While we were taking photographs yesterday night, it was clear that the tent had not been utilized at all.
- Seriously, where the flag and anchor tie used to be, there is now a large hole in the top of the boat.
- Keep your money in your pocket.
Purchase that has been verified After taking it down and putting it back up for the second time, it was ripped.
Plastic tablecloths and low-quality mesh are examples of what is meant by “cheaply manufactured.” I’d pay no more than $20 for something like this.
On September 27, 2020, the United States will conduct a review.
The item is less than a week old.
The photographs in this review On September 13, 2018, it was reviewed in the United States.
I’m not sure how to get it to flatten out.
The fact that it’s hanging from the ceiling is pretty cool.
Purchase that has been verified Very small and flimsy in construction.
It would take effort to keep the area spread out and usable underneath the table.
On March 26, 2019, a review was conducted in the United States. Purchase that has been verified This is fantastic. Place it directly over a round couch that can be spun around. Love it!
Hula Hoop Tent Tutorial
Just something about a covered play space inspires a child’s creativity and opens the door to their imagination. In addition to tents and canopies, you can also build forts out of sheets and rope, which are all inexpensive to build and make for great hideouts. However, if you’re looking for something a little more formal to display in your house, this canopy-style tent could be the perfect choice! When I saw this play home at CrateKids, I fell in love with it. However, I wanted to construct a smaller version in a more traditional color scheme so that it could hang in our living room without being too obvious.
If you want to go bigger, you can use any fabric and color combination that you like to make this project.
Materials: -drapes fabric (for the drapes) (6 yards for a large hula hoop, 4 yards for a small one) It’s estimated that I used 2 yards of cloth for the tent’s top (but I used spare fabric and am not sure how many yards I really used.) -hula hoop-velcro closure (heavy duty, non-adhesive type) Hang your tent from the ceiling using the hook provided (I used one ofthese banana hooksI had on hand.) -straight pins are used.
- -a pair of fabric scissors -fabric pencil (optional) (regular pencil will do) – border template (optional) -sewing machine (optional) Cost: The cost may vary based on the size of the hula hoop you use and the cloth you choose.
- First and foremost, you must understand what you are doing.
- A center seam will be required to join two of these parts together to form a smaller hula hoop.
- Check to see that the pattern matches up at the sewing seam.
- Repeat this process for the other side.
- They should be 8 inches broad, with a length equal to your hula hoop’s diameter plus one inch for hem allowance, and they should be 8 inches wide.
- Using the border pattern you printed and cut out in step two, trace it onto the length of cloth you cut out in the previous step.
The circumference of hula hoop rings varies, therefore I am unable to predict how many repeats of this pattern will fit down your fabric strip.
Place the two pieces of cloth together and cut out the zigzag pattern that you just sketched in the previous step.
Sew the two ends together to form a large circular shape.
Make both strips the exact same diameter as the first.
Sew along the pinned zigzagged edges, about 1/4 inch from the edge of the cloth, to complete step seven.
Step Nine: This will assist your cloth in laying more flat and avoid puckering throughout the following stage.
To get the peaks to stick out to their best capacity before ironing, you may need to use a pointed item.
When the sections are connected to the rest of the tent later, this procedure will prevent them from moving apart when they are connected.
The length of this is determined by the height of your ceiling as well as the length of the hook you choose to hang it from.
As you can see in the photo above, I started with a piece of cloth that was about 24 inches long and 2 inches broad.
The use of a safety pin will allow you to turn the tube right-side out.
Step Thirteen: After the tiny tube of cloth has been turned right-side out, iron it flat.
The size of your triangle is determined by the specifications of your hula hoop.
For symmetry purposes, I folded a triangle in half before cutting out the curve, and then I used that triangle as a template for the remainder of it.
Then repeat the process with the remaining four triangles.
Make careful to attach the tent hanger that you created in steps 11-13 before joining the two pieces together at the joints.
Step Sixteen: Using the hanging strip that was tucked snugly inside the tent top in step fifteen, pin the two parts of the tent top together as shown above.
Eighteenth Step:Place the hula hoop over the finished tent top and trim the edges to form a circle that is approximately 1 inch wider in diameter than the size of the finished tent top.
To do this, you must first collect the drapery fabric.
As I put them together, I was able to relax the gather to the precise circle of the zigzag border, which was a perfect fit.
Now that the draperies and border are joined, you may proceed to attach the tent top to the frame.
Then, using a sewing machine, sew them together to complete the project.
If this occurs, simply pin the border a little more inside the perimeter of the tent top, while remaining faithful to the circle of the tent top.
Check to see that they are pointing in the right direction, as indicated in the above illustration.
I sewed two velcro pieces onto the base of each triangle to ensure that there was plenty of reinforcement.
I opted to cover my hula hoop in white tape so that it would be less obvious from the inside of the tent, which you may have seen.
You may use any hook you choose, but I used a banana hook since it was something I had on hand and because it is long, it provided me with some additional length to allow the curtains to pool a little on the ground.
Due to the fact that my triangles were not quite long enough (I hadn’t figured out the math that I shared with you yet—I had been winging it), my tent top was only just big enough to reach around the perimeter of the hula hoop.
Perhaps yours will be a perfect fit if you follow the method exactly and cut your tent top to be slightly bigger in circumference than the hula hoop at step 17.
When making your tent top, remember to make it slightly larger than you need it.
When it was simply a notion in my head, it appeared to be complex.
Yes, it is a little time consuming. However, if you are experienced with pattern sewing in any way, it will be really simple for you to create as well! Mandi Johnson is the author and photographer of this piece. Stella worked with photos from the Signature Collection to edit them.
Quality big top circus tents for sale Perfect For All Events Ready To Ship Within 7 Days
Concerning the items and suppliers: Look no farther than Alibaba.com for the most comprehensive assortment of large top circus tents for sale that are both sturdy and luxury while also being aesthetically pleasing enough to draw attention. Suitable for all sorts of exhibits, outdoor events, and other meetings or parties, these amazing and spaciousbig top circus tents for sale are available for purchase and may be used anywhere. These large top circus tents for sale are available in a variety of styles to suit a variety of applications.
- The sidewalls of these large top circus tents for sale are constructed of durable materials such as glass walls, PVC walls, ABS walls, sandwich panel walls, and other similar materials that are capable of withstanding extreme weather conditions.
- You may pick from a huge range of big top circus tents for sale on Alibaba.com, which are available in a number of styles and constructions, based on the exact needs that you have.
- These goods are also completely customisable, allowing you to create something that is completely unique to you.
- Visit Alibaba.com and go through the extensive collection of large top circus tents for sale that can be customized to meet your specific needs while remaining within your budget.
- When buying in bulk, you may also choose to have your packaging customized.
Professional Custom Printed Shelters
For almost 40 years, we have been specializing in award-winning print production capabilities. TMVented Pyramid TMVented It’s simpler than ever to stand out at festivals, street fairs, and swap meetings with the E-Z UP PyramidTM Vented shelter, which is lightweight and portable. Full-bleed, photo-quality digital graphics may also be added to your project to help reinforce your message and make a lasting professional impression! By printing all designs in-houseExpress TM, we can assure high-quality and efficient personalization for whatever project you have.
- The newest addition to the E-Z UP range is a lightweight aluminum shelter that is capable of withstanding a significant amount of weight.
- It is 10′ by 10′ in size.
- The Endeavor Instant Shelter® canopy is the strongest, most dependable, and most durable Instant Shelter® canopy available anywhere in the world.
- Your Company Deserves the Very Best.
- There are no minimums.
- Overnight Printing is available.
- Quality that is unsurpassed in the industry As a seven-time recipient of the SGIA Gold Award, we are renowned for our industry-leading competence in digital printing and converting.
Shelters, sidewalls, flags, banners, table coverings, and other items can be customized with graphics.
Are you looking for some inspiration?
Design It introduces the Dezign Center, which stands for Design It.
Get It As Soon As Possible Custom shelters and accessories may be delivered in as little as 10-15 business days.
The branding we’ve done on items such as movable tents, umbrellas, and tables has helped to establish us as a distinct organization in the minds of our customers and clients.” Dallas, Texas resident B.
Having this set up has proven to be a tremendous asset in terms of enhancing our awareness.” P.
without a question, our tents have been some of our finest marketing dollars spent since we opened our doors ten years ago.” L. England is a fictional character created by author L. England. Kingsport, Tennessee
How to create a giant canopy tent from the ground up
With the assistance of a friend, we were able to construct a canopy tent out of leftover materials that we had acquired at a yard sale. It includes a canopy base, as well as two mesh tent sides that can be opened to allow you to get some fresh air. Despite the fact that we covered this procedure in detail in our first DIY tent construction guide, we found it quite beneficial to take a step back and examine how to create a tent out of pieces we discovered on the street. DIY tents 101 contains a plethora of further information on how to construct DIY tent shelters.
But, before we get into the specifics, there are a few things you should be aware of.
Do not expect to be able to put together your tent on your own.
the following day.
If they only ask you a few questions about what you’re constructing, then you should be good.
When it came to erecting our tent, we had a fantastic time since we used leftover materials from our local council yard sale, which made the process simple and straightforward.
It took us around three hours to complete the construction.
In the next step, we piled some metal scraps and some pieces of wood from our garage floor into the tent to make a temporary home for the animals.
Because the mesh tent is a little thicker than the canopy, we added a layer of polystyrene foam to protect it from the elements.
We set up the tent on the floor of our garage and attached it to the trailer hitch with a bungee cord.
We put the tent in the garage and parked the trailer there, then pulled the trailer and tent into the house and away from the house for the next few days.
Because the tent was a little too large, I added a little flap to protect it from blowing away.
In order to construct the canopy tent, we used debris from a nearby yard and leftover material from the garage floor to construct the tent’s foundation.
In order to build this tent, we took some leftover scrap wood fragments from the yard that we had laying around.
We put a small amount of polypropylene foam to the top of the mesh and some strips of wood salvaged from the roof to finish it off.
We tied the cloth around the tent so that it appeared as though we were dangling a balloon from it, which we were not.
I dried the mesh in the drier before putting it in the dryers to finish drying.
We next coated the mesh with extra spray glue, which I applied with a spray gun.
After everything had dried overnight, we were ready to put the next step of the procedure into action.
We took a sheet of polyester fabric and cut it into pieces, which we then utilized as the material for the ceiling of the tent.
With masking tape, we secured the mesh such that it was slightly elevated above the ground but not so elevated that the cloth would be wet through.
After we had finished with everything, it was time to put the tent together.
The tent’s foundation was built next.
Following that, I taped the mesh down so that the edges were flush with the ground. Following that, it was necessary to sand the top edge of the foundation into the earth in order to eliminate any rough edges. After that, I taped the tent’s foundation to the ground.