Set or change your home & work addresses – Computer
Setting your home and work addresses will allow you to type less and obtain directions more quickly. You may also customize the icons on your phone or tablet to represent your home and workplace. Tip: You must be logged in in order to create, change, and locate your home and place of employment on the map. Learn how to sign in to Google Maps in this tutorial.
Set your home or work address
- Open Google Maps on your computer and make sure you’re logged in before continuing. MenuYour locations have been labeled
- Fill up the blanks with your home or work address, then click Save.
An illustrated tutorial on how to change your home or work address.
- Menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> /menu> ClickSave
Change your home or work address
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re logged in before continuing. In the search box, enter the words “Home or Work.” Click on the Edit button next to the address you wish to edit. Click on Save after you’ve entered a new address.
Delete your home or work address
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re logged in before continuing. MenuYour locations have been labeled
- Place a check mark next to your home or business address and click the
Fix problems with home and work in Maps
WebApp Activity must be enabled in order for you to search or utilize directions from your home and work locations. Learn how to switch on WebApp Activity if you’re having trouble finding your way home or to work in Maps. Was this information useful? What can we do to make it better?
Google-Contributed Street View Imagery Policy
Google is committed to assisting you in learning about the world around you. The imagery on our platforms is meant to enhance your experience by allowing you to preview and explore locations in your immediate vicinity or around the world. We go to considerable efforts to ensure that the imagery is both relevant and accurately depicts the world in which our customers are immersed. Street View images might be provided by third-party contributors or by Google itself. If you look at the credit name or icon that is displayed with each image, you can determine the difference.
This page contains the Google-Contributed Street View Imagery Policy, which may be found here.
To help ensure that everyone viewing Street View imagery has a positive, beneficial experience, we’ve developed this Google-Contributed Street View Policy. It explains how we treat inappropriate content and the criteria we use for publishing Street View imagery to Google Maps. Please check back from time to time, as we may occasionally update our policy.
As you look at Street View images, you are only seeing what our cameras were able to capture on that particular day when they passed by the spot. After that, it takes months for them to be processed. Therefore, the stuff you view might be anywhere from a few months to a few years old depending on your location. Some sites where we have acquired images over an extended period of time may also have the ability to examine changes in that imagery using our Time Machinefunction.
When Street View imagery is released to Google Maps, Google takes a variety of precautions to ensure that people’ personal information is protected. We have created cutting-edge face and license plate blurring technology, which is intended to blur recognizable faces and license plates inside Google-contributed imagery in Street View while maintaining the integrity of the imagery. If you believe your face or license plate may benefit from greater blurring, or if you would want us to blur your entire house, car, or body, please submit a request using the”Report a problem”tool on our website.
It is possible to report problematic content by clicking on the”Report a problem”link. We consider the following types of content to be unacceptable, with the exception of anything that has artistic, educational, or documentary value.
Intellectual property violations
We do not accept photos or any other information that infringes on the legal rights of others, including intellectual property rights.
For further information, or to submit a DMCA request, please see our copyright policies and procedures page.
Sexually explicit content
We do not accept any content that is sexually explicit.
Illegal, dangerous, or violent content
We do not allow information that is illegal in nature, that encourages hazardous or criminal conduct, or that depicts graphic or gratuitous violence to be posted.
Harassment and threats
We do not allow anything that utilizes Street View to harass, intimidate, or attack other people to be published.
There is no content that encourages or condones violence against people or groups on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity permitted on our website or in our publications.
We do not allow terrorist groups to utilize this service for any reason, including recruiting, and we do not tolerate them doing so. We’ll also delete anything that is tied to terrorism, such as content that encourages terrorist activities, incites violence, or celebrates terrorist incidents, among other things.
In the case of content that exploits or abuses children, Google maintains a strict zero-tolerance policy. This includes any and all images of sexual abuse as well as any content that depicts children in a sexually explicit manner. If you come across any content that you believe abuses children in this manner, please do not re-share or comment on it, even if your intention is to bring the content to Google’s attention. Instead, contact Google directly. Alternatively, if you come across content elsewhere on the internet, please call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) immediately.
Personally identifiable information
Personal identifying information, such as credit card numbers, medical data, or government-issued identity — whether it be yours or someone else’s — is not permitted on our website.
How to Add Places to Google Maps
- 1 Launch Google Maps on your computer. To open the Google Maps application, select the symbol that looks like a location pin on a map. The map view will be displayed as a result of this action.
- Choose an account or enter your email address and password if you are requested to do so before proceeding.
- 2Tap☰. In the upper-left corner of the screen, you’ll find it. A pop-out menu will be displayed. Advertisement
- 3TapAdd a location that isn’t there. You’ll find it at the bottom of the menu, towards the right. By doing so, you will be sent to the “Add a location” page. 4 Include the location’s name. Choose a place by tapping on the “Name” text area towards the top of the screen, then input the name of the location
- You’ll need to spell the location’s name precisely how you want it to appear
- Otherwise, it won’t work.
- 5 Type in a street address. After you’ve selected the “Address” text box, put the street address of the location into the text field. Make certain to include the city, state, and ZIP code, if applicable.
- This page will be more effective if you give as much information as possible. Google will use this information to determine whether or not this location exists.
- Input as much information as possible about the location, and Google will be able to validate its presence much more quickly if there is more information.
- Input as much information as possible about the location, and Google will be able to validate its presence much more quickly.
- 7 Fill in the blanks with non-required information. You can include the following information about your location that isn’t absolutely necessary:
- Phone number- Click on the Phonetext box and then fill in the phone number for your location. Website- Click on theWebsitetext box and then type in the website address of the location. Opening and closing hours are added by tappingSET OPEN AND CLOSE HOURS and selecting the appropriate timings. Days of operation are added by tappingADD DAYS OF OPERATION and selecting the appropriate days. By pressing theADD HOURSlink after you’ve entered at least one hour for each day of the week, you may enter additional hours for other days of the week.
- 8 Press the SEND button. It may be found in the upper-right area of the screen. Your request will be submitted to Google as a result of this action. Two weeks after submitting your entry, you should get an email confirming whether or not your submission was approved.
- On some Android phones, instead of pressing the SEND button, you’ll see a paper plane-shaped symbol in the top-right corner.
- 1 Launch Google Maps on your computer. Navigate to your web browser. It is possible to add a location from this website to Google Maps if you are logged in.
- Please sign in in the top-right corner of the page by entering your Google email address and password. If you haven’t done so before, please do so before proceeding.
- 2Click☰. It may be found in the upper-left corner of the page. A menu will appear on the left-hand side of the window
- 3ClickAdd a missing location to complete the task. The link to this page is located at the bottom of the pop-out menu. When you click on it, a window called “Add a location” appears in the upper-left corner of the page. 4 Fill in the blanks with a name for the location. Click on the “Name” text box at the top of the “Add a place” window, then input the name of the place that you wish to add into the text area that appears. 5 Include the location’s address. In the “Address” text area, enter the street address of the location you’re looking for. If appropriate, include the city, state, and ZIP code in the body of the message. 6 Choose a category from the drop-down menu. After you’ve selected “Category” from the drop-down menu, select a category of location (for example, “Restaurant” from the drop-down menu.
- By entering into the text box, you may narrow your search to a more precise category.
- 7 Include any other information regarding your location. You have the option of including the following non-essential information:
- Phone number- Click on the Phonetext box and then fill in the phone number for your location. Website- Select theWebsitetextbox and then type in the website address of the location. Change the hours by clicking on theAdd hourslink, selecting the days of operation, and then entering an open time and a closure time. If you need to add a distinct set of hours on other days, you may repeat the process by clicking Add hours again.
- 8 Finally, clickSubmit. It’s represented as a blue button in the bottom-right corner of the “Add a location” dialog box. As long as the location that you input does not already exist in Google Maps, your action will be considered a request for inclusion in the map service. Within a few of weeks, you should receive an email confirming whether or not your spot has been put to the list.
- If the location already exists, you will be presented with a pop-up window displaying the location’s current address. If the pop-up box telling you that the location exists has the incorrect location, you may still submit the form by clickingSUBMIT ANYWAY.
Create a new question
- Question How can I make my labels visible to the general public after I’ve added them to Google Maps? Google must first authorize them before they may be used. It may take a few days, but if your application is granted, you should be able to see them within a few days. Question There is no mention of my location. Why? Allow it another shot and give it some time to settle. It’s possible to contact Google if the solution still doesn’t work. Question What do the numbers on Google Maps represent? These are the geographic coordinates of the location where you are on the map. Other people may be able to see where you have been using them
- Question How do I add a point marker to a map that is based on GPS coordinates? Follow the methods outlined above to locate the coordinates and enter them. It should be able to locate the correct location
- Question Is it necessary for me to pay Google or someone else in order to get my location included to Google Maps? They normally don’t charge since they want to ensure that their service is as trustworthy and precise as possible
- Nonetheless, Question How can I add a large number of street names? Go to the Google Maps website. You should be able to see a small plus sign next to the words “street names” on the right side. Select the + sign and type in the name(s) of the street(s) you desire
- Question Can you tell me how many days it will take for Google to approve my new feature? It might take anything from two to three weeks. Please wait until you receive an email from Google before proceeding. Question How long does it take for a new company to be added to Google Maps and what is the process? Most of the time, it takes a few of days. Question The reason why my location is only available to the account from whence I created it, and not to any other accounts, is unclear. The fact that it is only visible on the Google account from which it was submitted indicates that it has not yet been authorized by Google. So, be patient
- It normally takes a few of days for Google to validate your location. Question What should I do if the location I entered on Google Maps turns out to be incorrect? Wiafe AbabioAnswer from the Community Sign into your Google account and then click on the menu symbol next to your profile picture to open the menu. Select My Business from the drop-down option
- This will open a link/page for your company. You may now delete the places you desire by selecting them and clicking on the action bottom that appears. Then, from the drop-down menu that comes, select remove location and you are done.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Open Google Maps (2. Press the ‘Tap’ button. 3. Select the option “Add a missing spot.” 4. Fill out the form with the location’s name, address, and category. 5. Press the SEND button. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,269,509 times.
Is this article up to date?
Generally speaking, the varied colors on Google Maps represent different sorts of political jurisdictions, natural features, and civic regions. Google Maps is a mapping application.
- Green– Vegetation, with deeper tints indicating more dense growth. Tan represents sandscrub, whereas lighter tones indicate less vegetation. No flora, no sand dunes, no mountain peaks may be found in this color. Light Gray– Urban regions, cities, and suburbs
- Dark Gray– Forests and mountains. Areas of medium gray–military zones
- Grassy green– tundra, lava flows, and rocky soil
- Gray-green– forest. Indian reserves are depicted as an opaque layer with faint outline. Vegetation changes along the curved lines
- The boundaries of federal and state jurisdictions (parks, forests, military bases, and city borders) are shown by angular lines.
Neither a color key nor a map legend are provided by Google Maps. They have, on the other hand, provided some insight into what their colors represent. See the article “Exploring Color on Google Maps” for more information.
- Vegetation is represented by green colors. Darker green indicates a deep forest, whereas lighter green indicates a light woodland with brush Sand, grass, and brush are represented by tan tones. Light tan represents sand with light brush, medium tan represents grass with light brush, and dark tan represents grasslands. The color white signifies the absence of any vegetation. Sand dunes and mountain peaks
- Light gray – urban areas and suburbs
- Dark gray – forests and deserts Waterbodies are represented by the color blue.
- Plant life is represented by green hues. deeper green indicates a dense forest, whereas lighter green indicates a lighter forest with brush. Sand, grass, and brush are represented by tan tones. Tans range from light to medium to dark, depending on the kind of vegetation. Light tans are sand with light brush, medium tans are grass with light brush, and dark tones are grasslands. When there is no greenery, it is represented by white. Dunes and mountain peaks
- Light gray – urban areas and suburbs
- Dark gray – sand dunes and mountain peaks Bodies of water are represented in blue.
- Gray-green tones symbolize tundra, lava flows, and rocky soil conditions, respectively
- Blue-green shades depict water bodies.
Books About Google Maps at Amazon.com
- Shades of gray-green denote tundra, lava flows, and rocky soil conditions, respectively.
Gray-green colors depict tundra, lava flows, and rocky soil conditions, respectively.
The player will first need to locate the map in order to be able to use it effectively. In green hell, there are four maps to choose from. Once the player has located the first map, it may be accessed by pressingM, and to zoom in, it can be accessible by pressingRM. The playersmart watch will be displayed when the band is pressed. When more than one map has been discovered, the player can switch between them by utilizing the arrows located on the bottom left hand side of the screen.
At start, the map will be completely blank, with spots indicated on the map as a result of the player’s exploration. The player’s current location will not be displayed on the map; nevertheless, the player will be able to pinpoint their exact location by utilizing the GPS compass provided.
The position of each mappart varies depending on whether you are playing a tale or a survival game. There are several places where you may find mapparts, including:StoryLocations and StoryLocations.
- Map 1 depicts an abandoned tribal village
- Map 2 depicts an airport
- And Map 3 depicts an Omega camp.
The Amazonian Spirits and Their Locations SurvivalLocations
- Maps 1 and 2 depict a drug facility, Map 3 depicts an Omega camp, and Map 4 depicts a steamboat.
Completed Story Maps
Maps 1 and 2 show the drug facility, Map 3 shows the airport, Map 4 shows the steamboat, and Map 5 shows the seaplane.
Completed Spirits of Amazonia Maps
Spirits of Amazonia is a game mode that takes place in Amazonia.
Completed Survival Maps
Survival Mode is activated.
These are fan-made maps, and as such, they may not be entirely accurate.
- Kuzo Kelly’s Trailblazer map does not display locations and is meant for players that wish to print this map out and use it to explore and make empirical findings, as well as mark their camps and other landmarks, among other things. There are spoilers in this Story Mode map by KuzoKelly. Be Wary of the User
- Map includes cave location information, all of the markers, and extra markers for caves that are not yet indicated. spoilers byigeleiThis post contains spoilers! (It is possible that not all spawns for Rusty Axe/Machete are included)
|V.2.1.0||New Area in The Spirits of Amazonia mode with new Village, Legends and activities.|
|V.2.0.1||New Map Area.|
|V.1.8.0||Fixed – Watch keybind is not displayed properly when using Map in some languages.|
|V.1.6.0||Fixed – “Map – New Location” in infolog for every Player when Player goes to location someone else discovered.|
|V.1.2.0||Fixed – Camera moves along with wheel menu after opening it from Map.|
|V.1.0.3||Fixed – Cannot attack/use triggers after using Map with Watch.Fixed – Grappling Hook, Climbing/Diving Gear and Maps disappear when reloading Survival autosave.|
|V.1.0.0||New – Map Areas.New In-game Map.|
|V.0.3.0||New Map Area.|
How To Use Google My Maps To Plan A Road Trip In 4 Simple Steps
This is our comprehensive advice on how to use Google My Maps to plan a road trip in the most efficient manner. Despite the fact that planning a road trip is a lot of fun, sitting down and doing it may be somewhat tiresome. An adventure throughout the United States was planned by myself and my closest buddy some years ago. And, yeah, the logistics were far more complicated than I had anticipated. We had to get together a number of times merely to organize our schedule. I wish we had known about Google My Maps when we were planning our trip.
On help you plan your next road trip, we’ve put together this tutorial to using Google My Maps to make the process easier.
Perhaps it will also serve as an inspiration to you!
How to use Google My Maps to Plan a Road Trip in 4 Simple Steps:
- Log into Google Drive and navigate to Google My Maps
- “Rename the Untitled Map”
- “Add Location Pins by Searching and Clicking
- “Add to Map”
- Create layers to keep your plethora of pins in order
- To add driving directions, click Pin B and then “Get Directions to Here,” followed by Pin A. To add a layer, click “Add New Layer”
- To add driving directions, click “Add New Layer,” then “Add New Layer”
- To add driving directions, click “Add New Layer”
- To add driving directions, click “Add New Layer.”
When planning journeys with more than 10 destinations (such as lengthy excursions with many stops), try establishing the complete route in Google My Maps and then using Google Maps to receive driving instructions to up to 10 pins at a time from the route you’ve created. Let’s go into the specifics of what we’ve discussed.
Why Google My Maps Is Great for Road Trip Planning
If you’d rather to get straight to the point and learn how to utilize Google My Maps, feel free to skip ahead to the following section. In the meanwhile, for those of you who are curious about what all the hype is about, let us discuss what makes Google My Maps such a fantastic resource for trip planning.
Great for Visual Learners
Continue to the next section if you like to get straight to the point and learn how to utilize Google My Maps. Let’s talk about what makes Google My Maps such a fantastic tool for trip planning, for those of you who are wondering what all the hype is about.
Don’t be concerned if you’re already seeing yourself drowning in a sea of hundreds of blue (and indistinguishable) pins. All of your location pins may be customized in Google My Maps by changing the color of the pins themselves. As you can see in the first example, I’ve chosen the colors green and red for my starting and finishing pins. You are not need to limit yourself to to two pins, though. You might want to make all of your restaurant pins the same color.
Alternatively, you might color-code the pins according to the day. The options are virtually limitless! Please feel free to edit the title of any location pin or to add a description to any location pin in this section. You may also provide useful reference notes and photographs.
Great for Brainstorming
Because you’re accessing Google’s vast database, you’ll have access to all of that information, which will be shown on Google Maps. We’ve been hovering over the city of Scranton in the preceding shots. As a result, putting “food near scranton pa” into your search box brings up a couple of Scranton eateries on your map and on your sidebar. All of this is advantageous since it eliminates the need to conduct separate Google searches for food – or for anything else. The only time you’d conduct a second search is if you wanted to go into further depth.
Easy to Share Between People and Devices
You may send a link to your map to your traveling companions so they can see it as well. Alternatively, you can choose to share it using Google Drive. Not only that, but you can also provide your pals access to the editing features. They will be able to include their favorite vacation spots as well. Finally, switching between a computer and a phone is simple. The ability to rapidly load all of your pins, notes, and customisation for simple viewing on the move is available with only three clicks.
1) Create a New Map
You may send a link to your map to your traveling companions so they can see your route together. Alternatively, you might use Google Drive to share it with someone else. Not only that, but you may also grant editing access to your pals. Additionally, they will be able to include their favorite vacation spots. In addition, switching between a computer and a phone is straightforward. The ability to immediately load all of your pins, notes, and customisation for simple viewing on the move can be accomplished with three taps.
2) Add location pins
So, what exactly are “location pins”? These handy dandy things are dots on a map that indicate a place, restaurant, hiking trail, or anything else you can think of! Furthermore, you can virtually drop them everywhere. No, seriously – you even have the option of dropping a pin depending on the longitude and latitude coordinates of your location. The majority of you will not be required to dig into the nitty gritty. This is due in large part to the fact that adding a pin is as simple as typing it into the search box on the website.
- As a result, I’d want to include Scranton, Pennsylvania as a starting point on my Cross-Country Road Trip map.
- All you have to do is go to the search box and enter in “Scranton, Pennsylvania,” and Google will take care of the rest.
- Scranton’s location pin hasn’t been added to your map as of yet, which is understandable.
- Simply click on the “Add to map” button and you’ll be on your way.
- Your pin has been successfully inserted.
- Also, please keep in mind that it is now shown on your sidebar.
- To make changes to a location pin, simply click on it.
- Feel free to use whatever color you like to make your pin stand out.
- Don’t forget that there are a variety of fantastic icons available under the customisation box.
In fact, it’s an almost dizzying quantity of information. I’ll use my Scranton pin as a home icon, but you may use any other icon you like if you choose. Every sort of destination or activity, as you can see, is represented by a different symbol.
3) Adding Layers
When it comes to keeping your pins sorted for different categories, layers are a valuable tool. Sure, it doesn’t appear to be a major concern at this point. However, if you begin to accumulate a large number of pins, your primary layer will rapidly become cluttered! You may add a layer to your pinboard to organize your pins by category. For example, one layer may contain pins from restaurants you’d like to visit in the future. Alternatively, a separate layer might be allocated to hotels. Some people like to organize their pins according to the day of the week.
One word of caution: you are only allowed to create a maximum of 10 layers.
Add layers by selecting the “Add layer” option from the sidebar.
Now that you’ve created your layers, it’s time to figure out how to work with them effectively. Consider the following scenario: you wish to relocate a pin to a different tier. Simply drag your pin to the new layer to complete the process. This is only true if you’re attempting to relocate a pin to a driving directions layer, which is the lone exception. In order to make a layer invisible, uncheck the boxes next to the names of the layers. To make it visible once more, follow the method described above.
4) Adding Driving Directions
I said something about an ad driving instructions layer a while back, and it’s worth repeating. I also commented that the driving directions provided by Google My Maps aren’t the finest. However, if you’re looking for that familiar blue line following your trip, you’ve come to the right place. After Scranton, I’ve added St. Ignace, Michigan to my map as my second target after that. As a result, you’ll start with the second pin. When the pin information box appears, select the”Get directions to here”icon to the right of the box.
However, the letter “A” remains vacant.
You may also use the click-and-drag approach to move your map to the pin, although we found it to be less exact.
For the other nine destinations, I’ve gone ahead and performed the method described above.
In spite of the fact that you can have thousands of pins on Google My Maps, you are only allowed to have a maximum of 10 driving destinations on the service. Make a note on my map of the area where I’ve mapped out a large number of pins. However, I ran out of room on the way back home!
How to Hack the 10-Destination/Layer Limit
It is therefore an excellent moment to address the limits of Google My Maps at this point. As we just saw, all maps are restricted to a maximum of ten destinations when providing driving instructions. There are, fortunately, workarounds for this problem. Google My Maps and Google Maps are integrated to a certain extent. As a result, the stuff you generate in Google My Maps may really be imported into Google Maps and shown there. And, as we all know, Google Maps is fantastic for getting turn-by-turn instructions, so we can utilize it for navigation as well.
- Then select “Maps” from the drop-down menu on the right.
- To get the Cross Country Road Trip into Google Maps, simply touch on it and it will appear.
- Now you have complete control over your map, including the hundreds and dozens of pins that have been placed across it.
- You won’t have to waste any time putting this together on the fly because you already have it planned.
- In my case, it will be St.
- Then select “Directions” from the drop-down menu.
- We’ll take the city of Scranton as an example once more.
- To summarize, this is the strategy we would recommend for planning a large-scale road trip from beginning to end — from start to finish.
- After that, open Google Maps and import the map.
Google My Maps vs Google Maps
If all of this back-and-forth between Google My Maps and Google Maps has left you scratching your head, take a step back and look at the differences between the two applications.
Google My Maps
As we’ve seen, Google My Maps is quite useful for routing lengthy and complicated trips. That is, I’m talking about really intricate – upwards of 10,000 pins, to be exact. Its capacity to personalize your map is also unmatched in the industry. The choices are as many as your road trip destinations, ranging from color-coding each and every pin to organizing the pins on unique layers. However, despite the fact that it has directions as a function, it is not particularly good at providing turn-by-turn directions.
Although they are not precise, driving instructions do serve as a valuable tool for estimating how long it will take to get from Point A to Point B.
“Can you tell me how long it takes to go from here to here?
This implies that you can only obtain directions (or time estimates) to ten locations out of a possible total of twenty (or more!). Furthermore, the 10 restriction applies to both the layers and the sublayers.
On the plus side, this is an area where Google Maps can really shine. Google Maps, in contrast to its cousin, does exceptionally well when it comes to turn-by-turn navigation. When it comes to getting you from point A to point B, it’s a champ! In a similar way to Google My Maps, you may add several destinations to your map. However, it should be noted that Google Maps does come with certain drawbacks. The most significant disadvantage is that you do not have access to those wonderful customizing possibilities.
Google My Maps is unquestionably a very useful tool for arranging your next road trip’s route in advance of your departure. Not only is it useful for saving literally hundreds of locations and stops, but it also allows you to leverage the power of Google’s search engines to discover other destinations along the road. Also included are several customization options that make Google My Maps a breeze to use for visual learners. It’s now simple to get a quick overview of your map at a look. Having saying that, there are certain irritating peculiarities to be aware of.
- But, fortunately, we taught you how to get around this.
- After all is said and done, we believe that the versatility and customisation offered by Google My Maps much surpass any shortcomings.
- There is no doubt that it has made my feet ache to get on the road.
- We wish you the best of luck – and much success in your planning – on your next road trip!
Camping, Campgrounds & Campsites
Our purpose at KOA is to bring people together by connecting them to the outdoors and one another. That’s why we’ve built more than 500 campsites around North America to make it simple to take in the beauty of nature while sharing adventures with friends and family. Our diverse selection of family-friendly campsites and facilities give the ideal setting for getting away, unwinding, and enjoying camping in the great outdoors. Whether you’re looking for a great site to drive into on your next RV road trip or a nice area to pitch your tent for the weekend with your family, KOA is sure to have the right campground for you.
More Information about KOA Camping
We Believe You’ll Love the Benefits of Camping at KOA
Camping is genuinely for everyone, from the eldest member of your family to the youngest campers who are venturing out for the first time in their lives. Whether you’re looking to relax, explore, or reconnect with friends and family, KOA campsites are a wonderful location to make memories with those you care about. Some of the reasons we feel so many people like camping are listed below as illustrative examples: Making a lasting impression: Camping is certain to be an unforgettable experience for your entire family.
- In addition, the opportunity to develop new skills and gain new experiences keeps us all feeling youthful at heart!
- Camping out, cooking over an open fire, telling stories beneath the stars, and traveling together fosters ties and provides an opportunity for everyone to take part.
- Learning opportunities: Getting Physical: Putting up a tent, unloading a car, or arranging your belongings in an RV are all examples of ways to begin moving, and you can keep moving with pleasant activities like hiking and swimming to keep your body in shape.
- In a scale from one to 10, Americans rate their stress level on average at 4.9, which indicates that the majority of us feel at least moderate stress on a daily basis.
- Getting some fresh air and sunshine, as well as partaking in activities with family and friends, are excellent ways to refuel and rejuvenate.
Camping is a terrific way to get away from the stresses of everyday life, according to 68 percent of all campers, and almost half of all campers believe that camping has a “significant influence” on stress reduction and allows them to spend more time with their family during their camping trips.
Try Glamping for Your Next Camping Adventure
We were serious when we mentioned that camping is for everyone. It may be appropriate for you to go glamping if someone in your family or group is terrified by the prospect of sleeping outside, or if you’re seeking for a simple, laid-back weekend. Glamping, which is a mix of the phrases “glamorous” and “camping,” has grown in popularity over the last decade as a new way for people to enjoy camping in a more luxurious setting. KOA is constantly exploring for ways to improve the camping experience for those seeking something a little more special, from Deluxe Cabins to Airstreams, cabooses, yurts, teepees, and other unique accommodations.
Camping Options Available at KOA Campgrounds
KOA campsites are known for providing the highest level of outdoor hospitality. Whether you’re a young family looking to introduce your children to the joys of camping or a retired couple looking to explore the nation in your RV, all KOA campsites provide a broad selection of housing options and handy facilities to meet your needs. KOA understands that every individual is unique. Do you want to keep things simple and pitch a tent? We’ve found the perfect website for you. Are you looking for an RV park with a patio and a barbecue grill?
You don’t have any camping equipment, but you still want to go exploring.
KOA has everything you and your family are searching for in a camping vacation, and you’ll find it at our campground.
Vacationing with family and friends in a roomy KOA cabin with excellent park facilities is a terrific way to spend time together.
Why Camp at KOA?
There are a slew of reasons why KOA is at the top of so many campers’ priority lists: A Huge Network: The Campground Owners Association (KOA) is the world’s biggest network of privately owned campsites. Whether you’re searching for camping close to home or a new experience in a new location, KOA offers a campsite to suit your requirements. Caring Service: When you select KOA, you can be assured that you’ll always have a helpful staff member around to assist you. KOA employees are highly trained professionals who share a passion for hospitality and the great outdoors with their coworkers.
We’re always delighted to be of service to you!
Whether you want to camp in an RV, sleep in a warm tent, or stay in another sort of housing, KOA makes it possible to enjoy the outdoors on your own timetable.
For our visitors’ benefit, we employ the most up-to-date technology and data to make their camping experience as simple as possible, from booking to navigation and all in between. Book Your Space Today!
Save On Camping and More With KOA Rewards
All year long, KOA Rewards campers receive a 10 percent discount on daily registration fees, as well as access to other fantastic deals!
- Discounts of up to 10% off your daily registration fee
- Points that may be used for cash off future stays
- And more. During the KOA Rewards Weekend, you may get a free** night of camping.
You can watch DISH® HDTV everywhere you go. DISH Network brings high-definition television to your campground, lodge, or RV at a reasonable price. In exchange for financing your RV, you’ll receive a KOA gift card that you may put toward your future KOA trip. Camping discounts and unique benefits are available to RV owners who take advantage of roadside assistance designed exclusively for them.
We Cater To Camping with Pets
Traveling with your four-legged family members is simple and enjoyable when you stay at a KOA. Our KampK9 ® pet parks give a fenced-in area where your pooch can run free and plenty of seats for you to sit back and watch them play while you’re out camping with your family. In addition to cleaning stations and fresh water, you’ll find designated places for large and small dogs at several of the KOAs. Pet parks like KampK9 receive pawsitive feedback from all around the world!
The KOA Family of Campgrounds
In order to make informed decisions about your camping trips, it’s crucial to understand what to anticipate from each of our more than 500 KOA Campground locations. Since its inception, the KOA Yellow Sign has been synonymous with high-quality camping, friendly service, and good times. Now, with the introduction of theKOA Family of Campsites, we’re redefining our campgrounds to make vacation planning even easier. KOA Journeys, KOA Holidays, and KOA Resorts are all part of our family, and they may be found all throughout North America.
A KOA is always available to accommodate your camping requirements, whether you’re on the road or looking for an exciting vacation spot.
KOA Campgrounds Have Something for Everyone
KOA has been devoted to providing the finest camping experience for more than 50 years, and has grown to include more than 500 locations across the United States and Canadian provinces. No matter if you’re planning a weekend break or a longer vacation, KOA will make your next camping trip an outstanding experience. Locate a KOA campground.
iZurvive DayZ & ARMA Map
Dialogues dismiss”>dialogues clickOnDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel”>Login to a dialog box We’ll send you an email with a magic link that will allow you to log in to your account. There is no requirement for a password! Don’t have an account? Create one now. showRegisterDialog in the login-dialog “>Click here to register. Don’t want to register? No problem. When using iZurvive without creating an account, some functionalities may be disabled or severely restricted. showUsernameDialog is a login-dialog function “Please click here to select a username.
- If you choose a username, you will be able to form a group in which you may share markers with your team.
- iZurvive is much more than just a collection of riches.
- clickOnDialog is used to open dialog boxes “Join Groupdialogs is a tabindex=”1″ role=”panel”>Join Groupdialogs is a role=”panel”> theDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel” clickOnDialog” “>Create a group of people.
- Creating an account and creating anGroup+ will provide you the opportunity to view who has joined your group, manage members and permissions, and much more.
- Are you interested in forming a certain type of group?
- Registration is required and is linked to AccountDialogs.
To open a dialog box, click OnDialog “Join the Group (tabindex=”1″ role=”panel”>Join the Group Normally, you should receive an invitation to join a group. You may also manually join a group from this page. dialogs theDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel” clickOnDialog” “>Become a member of the group
Open in App
Was it your intention to see this invitation through the iZurvive App? We encourage you to try tapping and holding the token above to check whether the “Open in iZurvive” option appears. When nothing else seems to work, you may use the join-enhanced-group-dialog copy command “>Copy the whole url and paste it into the app’s join group screen on your phone. buttons clickOnDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel” dialogs “> The following is an example of a formalized formalized formalized Create a group by clicking on it.
Alternatively, you may just inform them with the group’s name and password, such as: Dialogs clickOnDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel”> Dialogs clickOnDialog Dialogs clickOnDialog” tabindex=”1″ role=”panel”> Dialogs clickOnDialog Member is no longer a member
- If the user receives an invitation, he or she can rejoin the group. Ban As long as the user is barred from rejoining the group, he will be unable to do so.
In case he receives an invitation, he can rejoin the group. Ban As long as the user is banned from the group, he will be unable to rejoin it.
Recreation.gov – Camping, Cabins, RVs, Permits, Passes & More
For assistance in planning your next vacation, figuring out the specifics, and booking experiences at over 3,600 facilities and 103,000 unique locations around the country, please contact us. Recreation.gov has something for everyone, so get out there and explore the United States of America, and then tell your friends about it! New adventures, historic places, and outdoor getaways may be found right around the corner or across the nation. On Recreation.gov, you may discover anything from camping, hiking, and horseback riding to wildlife watching, monument tours, and ranger-led activities.
Fees for federal lands, streams, and monuments are covered by annual or lifetime interagency passes, which enable access to more than 2,000 federal recreation destinations, or site passes, which allow you to return to your favorite location on several occasions.
Permits to chop down a Christmas tree are now being made available through Recreation.gov in national forests all throughout the country.
With the addition of rental choices, Recreation.gov makes it even easier to plan a vacation.
The inspiration and information provided by our library of travel guides, tips & suggestions, insider insights, and traveler stories will help you plan your next vacation. We’re always introducing new sites and activities to encourage you to get outside and tell your friends about it!
North Cascades National Park Backcountry Permits
National Park of the North Cascades At the North Cascades National Park Service Complex, there are a plethora of backcountry trails and opportunities to explore. Bring your kayaks and explore the turquoise waters of glacially fed lakes, hike to lonely passes, or climb difficult mountains formed by ice. The variety in climate and geography results in a wide range of outcomes.
Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness Permits
Rocky Mountain National Park is a national park located in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Colorado’s 415 square miles of Rocky Mountain National Park include and protect some of the world’s most beautiful mountain ecosystems. In addition to providing unparalleled access to wild locations, the park also gives visitors with the opportunity to relax and enjoy tranquility while taking in the breathtaking scenery. Visitors get at the doo through roads and more than 300 km of paths.
Yellowstone National Park Backcountry Permits
Yellowstone National Park is a national park located in the United States of America. Yellowstone National Park, which receives over 4 million visitors each year, is the world’s first National Park, protecting more than 10,000 hydrothermal phenomena as well as a diverse range of species, including bison, grizzly bears, gray wolves, elk, and moose. The park is in the heart of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, which is considered to be one of the world’s most important.
Thomas Edison Laboratory Audio Tour
Thomas Edison National Historical Park is located in the vicinity of West Orange, New Jersey. If you want to discover more about the history of Thomas Edison’s Research and Development laboratory complex, you may take an audio tour device and listen to recorded narration. The audio tour includes stops at the library, stockroom, Heavy Machine Shop, Precision Machine Shop, Room 12, Drafting Room, Music Room, Phonograph Gallery, and open Storage area. The audio tour is available in English and Spanish.
Alsea Falls-Fall Creek Day Pass
Mary’s Peak is a long-distance hike. In the vicinity of Alsea, Oregon Alsea Falls-Fall Creek Recreation Area is located in Alsea Falls, Washington. You may visit our Alsea Falls Recreation Site and Fall Creek Trailhead by creating advance day use passes before you arrive at the site, rather of having to wait until you get there. Instead than paying with cash when you arrive, you can pre-pay with a charge card or debit card.
Old Rag Mountain Tickets
Shenandoah National Park is located in Virginia. The fact that Old Rag is one of the most popular places in Shenandoah National Park is no surprise given the fact that it offers walks that include difficult rock scrambles as well as 360-degree vistas that make you feel like you’re on top of the world. The majority of people opt to trek to the peak via a circle trail that begins near the Park.
Near Wardensville, Virginia, is the George Washington Jefferson National Forest. First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time.
A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
Todd Lake Campground
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Mount Solon, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Buchanan, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
National Forest George Washington-Jefferson Virginia is located near the town of Buchanan. On a first come, first served basis, this site is only available. If you want to purchase a campsite and claim it, you must physically come to the park. You may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee after you are on site.
Hussy Mountain Horse Camp
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Speedwell, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
Hone Quarry Campground
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Dayton, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
High Knob Campground
National Forest George Washington-Jefferson Virginia is located near Dayton. On a first come, first served basis, this site is only available. If you want to purchase a campsite and claim it, you must physically come to the park. You may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee after you are on site.
Hidden Valley Campground
Near Warm Springs, Virginia, is the George Washington Jefferson National Forest. First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Fort Valley, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time.
A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
Cave Springs (VA)
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Dryden, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
Near Pound, Virginia, is the George Washington Jefferson National Forest. First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
National Forest of George Washington and Jefferson In the vicinity of Fort Valley, Virginia First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
Near Coeburn, Virginia, is the George Washington Jefferson National Forest. First-come, first-served is the only way to get into this site at this time. A visitor must physically come to the campsite in order to purchase and claim a space at the campground. Once you get on site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code with the Recreation.gov mobile app and the Scan and Pay fee, if one is available.
East Lake Crockett Day Use Pass
Texas has a number of national forests and grasslands. In the vicinity of Honey Grove, Texas East Lake Crockett Recreation Area, which encompasses 450 acres of land on the northeast coast of Lake Crockett, was established in 1968. Construction of Lake Crockett began in the 1930s, and the lake has given recreational options to tourists for many decades. Catfish, sunfish, crappie, and bass are among the species that have been introduced to the lake. It’s a pave. For the most up-to-date information and access to Recreation.gov’s news, events, and contests, visit this page.