Coleman 4 Person Tent • Popularity Ranked + Deals, Reviews & Recommendations
This is the RANK1 Coleman 4-Person Dome Tent for Camping | Sundome Tent with Easy Setup, which is a great value.
- Weatherproof: Water is prevented from entering through welded corners and inverted seams. Rainfly promotions are included. Wind and rain were put to the test: Winds of more than 35 miles per hour are not a problem for its sturdy frame. Excellent air circulation: Large windows and a ground vent to allow for better air circulation
- Continue to communicate: The E-port makes it simple to introduce electrical power inside the building. Setup is quick and simple: it takes about 10 minutes. Interior dimensions are 9 x 7 feet, with a central height of 4 feet 11 inches. It accommodates one queen-size air bed. A one-year limited warranty is included.
SALE! When it comes to camping, the RANK2Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup is the best option.
- It is weatherproof because to the welded corners and inverted seams that prevent water from entering. Rainfly that is integrated
- Constructed to last: Fabric that is twice as thick as the average is resistant to the elements year after year. Setup may be completed in as little as one minute. Interior dimensions are 8 by 7 feet, with a central height of 4 feet 11 inches. Includes one queen-size air bed and a one-year limited guarantee.
SALE!RANK3Coleman Camping Tent with Screen Room | 4 Person Carlsbad Dark Room Dome | Coleman Camping Tent with Screen Room
- Dark room technology, which blocks 90 percent of sunlight (in comparison to a comparable Coleman tent), allows you to sleep comfortably. DECREASES HEAT: This allows for more comfortable resting at any time of day. WEATHERPROOF: The included rainfly provides additional weather protection
- Welded corners and inverted seams
- And a water-resistant finish. REMAIN CONNECTED: The E-Port makes it simple to deliver electrical power into the building. PITCH CONVENTIONAL: It can be set up in 15 minutes. THERE IS BUGS-FREE LOUNGING: A full-floor screen room measuring 9 x 4 feet. AREA MEASUREMENTS: 9′ x 7′, with a central height of 4’11”
- Accommodates one queen-size air bed
- LIMITED WARRANTY OF ONE YEAR
- COLOR: BLUE
Tent for camping | Skydome Tent | RANK4Coleman Tent
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. MORE HEADROOM: The almost vertical sides of the Coleman dome tent provide 20 percent more headroom than regular Coleman dome tents. WEATHER PROTECTION: The tub-like floor of the WeatherTec system, as well as the innovative welded corners and inverted design
- It is simpler to transport air mattresses, sleeping bags, and other items into and out of the tent when the door is wider. Roomy interiorextra storage space: 8 x 7 feet with a central height of 4 feet and 8 inches
- Accommodates one queen-size air bed
- COMPACT SIZE: Perfect for vehicle camping or trekking, and it comes with a handy carry bag
- PERFECT FOR: LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ONE YEAR
RANK5Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Screen Room | 4 Person Cabin Tent with Screen Room | Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Screen Room
- COVERED PORCH: Provides 35% more room than comparable 4-person dome tents, allowing you to relax without being bothered by bugs. Maintaining dryness is made possible with a detachable rainfly, as well as a tub-like floor with welded corners and inverted seams. POSSIBILITY TO STAND: The presence of vertical walls and a high ceiling allows campers to stand upright and move freely
- Panoramic windows bring in plenty of light, while ground vents help to circulate the air
- Excellent views and ventilation
- QUICK AND EASY SETUP: With a 3-pole design and color-coded continuous pole sleeves, you can have your tent up in as little as 10 minutes. SIZE: 11 x 8 ft., with a 6-foot-high ceiling
- Accommodates one queen-size air bed. A CARRY BAG is included for convenient storage. LIMITED TO ONE YEAR
RANK6Coleman Camping Tent | Dark Room Skydome Tent, Blue | RANK6Coleman Camping Tent | Dark Room Skydome Tent, Blue
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. DARK ROOM TECHNOLOGY: Blocks 90 percent of sunlight, allowing you to sleep in past daybreak
- Decreases heat (when compared to a standard room)
- MORE HEADROOM: The almost vertical sides of the Coleman dome tent provide 20 percent more headroom than regular Coleman dome tents. WEATHER PROTECTION: The tub-like floor of the WeatherTec system, as well as the proprietary welded corners and inverted seams
- It is simpler to transport air mattresses, sleeping bags, and other items into and out of the tent when the door is wider. SPACIOUS INTERIOR EXTRA STORAGE: 8 x 7 ft. with a central height of 4 ft. 8 in.
- Accommodates one queen-size air bed
- COMPACT SIZE: Perfect for vehicle camping or trekking, and it comes with a handy carry bag
- PERFECT FOR: LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ONE YEAR
Sales price for the RANK7Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent in Red, which sleeps four people.
- Designed for camping, this outdoor tent is made of lightweight materials. The inside is 9 feet by 7 feet and has a covered vestibule that can accommodate up to four camp pads. With snag-free continuous pole sleeves, Insta-Clip suspension, and a proprietary design, this setup takes only 10 minutes. Using the WeatherTec system and a complete rainfly, you can keep your home dry and pleasant. Improved ventilation is provided by a full mesh inside.
Coleman Rainfly Accessory for 4-Person Instant Tent, Brown/Black by RANK8Coleman
- The rainfly attachment provides additional protection from inclement weather. Fits a Coleman 8-by-7-foot tent. Instant Tents for four people (sold separately)
- It is possible to open windows during a storm while remaining dry because of the overhanging design. Setup and dismantling are both straightforward. It may be stored easily because it is small when not in use.
Additional protection from inclement weather is provided with the rainfly attachment. Designed to fit a Coleman 8×7-foot tent The following items are available separately: 4-Person Instant Tents; With the overhanging design, you may open your windows while remaining dry during a storm. Setup and dismantling are simple; Easy to store due to its small design.
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. INTRA SPACE: A full-fly vestibule measuring 7 x 3 feet provides a covered entrance as well as additional storage space. MORE HEADROOM: Because the tent is virtually vertical, it provides 20 percent more headroom than typical Coleman dome tents. EXPANDED DOOR: Makes it simpler to transfer airbeds, sleeping bags, and other stuff into and out of the tent
- EXPANDED DOOR: SPACIOUS INTERIOR 7 x 5 feet with a middle height of 4 feet
- Accommodates one queen-size airbed
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- EXTRA STORAGE
RANK10Coleman Camping Tent | Skydome Tent with Screen Room | RANK10Coleman Camping Tent | Skydome Tent with Screen Room
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. SCREEN ROOM: This weatherproof screen room is 12 by 4 feet and can be converted into an extra sleeping place for two people. MORE HEADROOM: Because the tent is virtually vertical, it provides 20 percent more headroom than typical Coleman dome tents. WEATHER PROTECTION: The WeatherTec system features a tub-like floor, proprietary welded corners, and is inverted to provide weather protection. EXPANDED DOOR: Makes it simpler to transfer airbeds, sleeping bags, and other stuff into and out of the tent
- EXPANDED DOOR: SPACE-SAVING INTERIOR EXTRA STORAGE: 8 x 10.5 ft. with central height of 4.6 ft.
- Accommodates 1 queen-size airbed
- LIMITED WARRANTY FOR 1 YEAR
SERPS| Search Engine Results Page The commissions we earn from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate are tax deductible.
Coleman Instant 4 Person Camping Tent (1 Minute Setup)
The Coleman Instant 4 Person Camping Tent is a cabin-style tent that can be put up in under 1 minute and comes at an unbelievable price. A single layer Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin Tent with a built-in fly keeps the elements out of the tent.
- Setup is quick and easy, taking less than a minute
- Excellent value for money
- Single-layer construction with a built-in fly
- Freestanding construction
- Large windows
What type is this
The Coleman quick 4 man tent is exactly what it says it is – a tent that can be put up in seconds. This translates to the following:
- In addition, the poles are permanently fastened to the tent. Each of the four primary corner poles is telescopically adjustable. In this case, setting up the tent entails nothing more than unfolding it like an umbrella and extending the poles.
There are numerous sizes of the Coleman Instant Series of tents, including this Coleman Instant Cabin tent 6. For example, this Coleman Instant Cabin tent 6 is the smallest. Because this is likewise a single-layer tent, the stated setup is similarly simple in part because of this. As a result, you will not have the traditional inner tent and fly as distinct components. The tent, on the other hand, is completely waterproof, and it is described as having a built-in fly. There are certain disadvantages to this as well, which are discussed more below.
The tent is also completely freestanding, allowing you to set it up anywhere you like, regardless of the terrain.
This tent is also a three-season tent that is meant for moderate weather, and it is a cabin tent as well.
Because it is so tall and has such large windows, as well as the lack of a fly, it would not do well in heavy rains or high winds.
The Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent requires a camping location that has easy access by vehicle or boat. More information about the termcabin type may be found here. However, it is important to note that the following is implied by this:
- A tall tent with walls that are practically vertical and straightened, as well as large windows.
As a result of this, you can see that this is a highly habitable construction. This is why it is designed without an additional fly; when you have such beautiful windows, you want to be able to see everything clearly. The backside is the only one that does not have windows.
Who is it for
- The Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin tent weighs 9.8 lb (4.45 kg) and has a packed dimension of 38 x 18 x 9.5 inches. It can accommodate four people (97 x 46 x 24 cm). It is evident from this that this is a camping tent that will require transportation by automobile
- Yet, Despite the fact that it has a stated capacity of 4 people, its dimensions are 8 by 7 feet (2.44 x 2.13 m) and the floor area is 56 square feet (5.2 m2). As a result, it is feasible to fit four sleeping mats with a 50 cm width each inside, but you will be quite cramped. Remember that there is no vestibule, therefore you will not have any additional storage room for your belongings. In light of its size and characteristics, this tent may be used by up to four people in standard camping grounds or at various open-air events
- Nevertheless, it is recommended that you use it for no more than two to three people at a time. It has wide windows on two sides, as well as a large door with a mesh window in the front, which makes it ideal for camping. As a result, it may be used as a sun cover on the beach or in the garden
- According to the manufacturer, it has enough room for one queen-size bed. You may definitely have a look at this queen sizecamping bed from the same manufacturer and you will notice that it is a perfect match. Using such a bed for off-ground sleeping is preferable than sleeping on a queen-size mattress on the ground since you have a lot of storage room underneath the bed.
Is this tent for winter use?
As a result, I’ve seen several individuals ask this question, and the answer is no, it is not. If you want a winter tent, you will have to pay significantly extra; please read my website with tents for more information; there is a section dedicated to winter tents. The tent, on the other hand, may be closed and used in a chilly climate if necessary.
No information on waterproofness is provided; instead, just a statement about the WeatherTec patented system, which incorporates welded flooring and inverted seams, is provided. In this case, the plastic welding method is employed to construct the greatest and most lasting seals possible, which will not corrode or decay over time. You should be completely secured if you use such technology. See my separate text for further information on seams and sealing. In a really wet area with a lot of wind, I would not recommend using such a tent.
When it rains, there are two vents on the roof that need to be closed as well as the others.
The rain fly question
Although you do not require an additional fly, it may be a good idea to purchase one for further protection. However, this is a style with large windows, which is intended to provide comfort in typical summer conditions. As a result, the rain fly, which you can purchase separately here, is designed to be as small as possible, covering simply the roof as seen in the photo. The Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin Tent with an additional fly has been introduced.
Setup and construction
As impressive as it appears, the construction is actually quite simple. The telescoping corner poles are a truly genius idea; simply extend them until you hear a click, which indicates that a popup button is in place (as seen in the photo) and that the pole has been secured at the desired length. From the inside, the tent is even less appealing. As a result, you only have two extremely little mesh pockets for small stuff, which is a major disappointment. The windows, on the other hand, make up for everything.
The telescopic pole is equipped with a pop-up lock button for safety.
For as long as the panels are not turned on, you will enjoy superb ventilation. Free ventilation will be provided by the big holes with mesh as well as the roof-mounted vents.
As a result, you will have no problems with condensation in such conditions. However, with the panels in place and the vents closed, the situation is much different. As a result, it is best avoided in locations where there is a lot of rain.
- Providing the panels are not turned on, you get fantastic ventilation. Free ventilation will be provided via the big holes with mesh as well as the roof vents. As a result, condensation will not be an issue in such scenarios. The situation is different when the panels are closed and the vents are shut. Avoid using it in locations where there is a lot of rain, for example.
Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin Tent vs Kelty Camp Cabin 4
See how the Coleman 4 Instant tent compares to a Kelty model, and for additional information, please visit the following link: Dimensions: 31 x 18 x 9.5 (97 x 46 x 24)
Summary, rating, proscons
As a final note, I’d want to reiterate the advantages and disadvantages that I discussed above; there are several advantages and disadvantages on both sides, so keep this in mind while making your decision. Coleman Instant 4 Person Camping Tent Review When you’re in a hurry, such as when you’re setting up a tent in the rain, the rapid setup option is quite beneficial. In such circumstances, you may still put up this tent without having to worry about the interior being wet. However, this is not the case with a normal two-layer 3-season tent.
- In other words, this design has its advantages, but it also has certain disadvantages; it all comes down to a matter of compromise and priorities.
- I’ve included it in my list of the top ten best vehicle camping tents for 2018 as well as my list of the top ten best cabin tents for four people.
- As a result, this is quite astounding.
- Please see the table below to see how I rated this tent.
Coleman 4-Person Cabin Tent with Instant Setup
- Incredibly simple to assemble
- Excellent value
- Large windows
- The packing size isn’t that great
- There aren’t many pockets. It is not recommended for severe rains and winds.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and please look around if you require anything else. On my website with tents, there are several tents of various sizes and styles that are discussed. Consider thisEureka Copper Canyon 4tent, which is created in a similar design, as well as thisKelty Sequoia 4tent. Alternatively, you may look at this entirely other dome-shaped kind. The Marmot Limestone 4 tent is a four-person tent. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions; a comment box is provided below.
Coleman 4-Person Cabin with Instant Setup Review
Despite the fact that construction is quick, simple, and affordable, this tent falls short in several important areas. Coleman”>Photo courtesy of Coleman”> Coleman provided the photograph. Price:$160 on Amazon | $131.50 on the list Pros: Setup was quite simple, and the views were spectacular. The pricing was also very reasonable. Cons: Limited headroom and shoddy workmanship throughout. Manufacturer:Coleman Our Editors do independent research, testing, and rating of the top items available. We only receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links.
More information may be found here.
- Ease of use is rated 15 percent 9.0, while space and comfort has a score of 5.0. Weather resistance receives a score of 7.0 and is rated 25 percent. Family Friendliness – 10% 3.0
- Friendliness with Others – 10% 3.0
The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup allows you to go camping in an instant. When it comes to speed and convenience, this one-step instant tent more than makes up for its lack of amenities and overall size with its pop-up design. This beautiful, economical, and “quick” option to simple and short overnight outings or backyard stay-cations, no-frills “couples getaways,” or a stress-free kid’s tent is the smallest tent in our camping tent review, both in terms of floor space and in terms of height.
It is in these applications that this tent finds a pleasant and distinct niche in the camping world; but, don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are getting something particularly technical or long-lasting.
Compare to Similar Products
|This ProductColeman 4-Person Cabin with Instant Setup||The North Face Wawona 6||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Screened 6|
|Price||$160List$121.50at Amazon||$449.95at BackcountryCompare at 3 sellers||$270List$269.95at Amazon||$80List$79.99at Amazon||$200List$119.99at Amazon|
|Pros||Super easy set up, good views, very nice price||Spacious, great layout, durable, very family friendly, high value||Spacious, easy to pitch, great views, inexpensive||Simple, very cheap, lightweight||Great fair weather vestibule, spacious interior, neat concept|
|Cons||Low headroom, poor overall construction||Not the easiest to pitch, only one door, odd bag||Fiberglass poles, small pockets, lack of ventilation with the rainfly on||Too simple, cheaply made, not durable||Hard to setup, doesn’t do well in rain, poor quality|
|Bottom Line||This tent is fast, easy, and inexpensive, though it falls short in some key areas||This tent has one of the best uses of space we have ever seen, a great choice for families or campers with lots of gear||Wherever this tent falls short in quality, it makes up for it in size, features, and overall value||A starter tent that works for those looking to get into camping on the cheap||While this tent looks good in photos, it performs poorly in weather resistance and general use|
|Rating Categories||Coleman 4-Person Ca.||The North Face Wawo.||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Sc.|
|Space And Comfort(35%)||5.0||9.0||7.0||5.0||6.0|
|Ease Of Use(15%)||9.0||7.0||8.0||8.0||3.0|
|Specs||Coleman 4-Person Ca.||The North Face Wawo.||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Sc.|
|Weight||8.26 kg | 18.2 lbs||9.93 kg | 21.9 lbs||7.8 kg | 17.2 lbs||4.45 kg | 9.8 lbs||9.48 kg | 20.9 lbs|
|Max Inside Height||1.5 m | 4′ 11″||1.98 m | 6′ 6″||1.93 m | 6′ 4″||1.5 m | 4′ 11″||1.73 m | 5′ 8″|
|Floor Dimensions||2.44m x 2.13m | 8′ x 7′||10′ x 8’6″||9’10” x 8’10”||2.74m x 2.13m | 9′ x 7′||3.05m x 2.74m | 10′ x 9′|
|Floor Area||5.2 m2 | 56 sq ft||7.9 m2 | 85 sq ft||8.07 m2 | 86.9 sq ft||5.85 m2 | 63 sq ft||8.36 m2 | 90 sq ft|
|Number of Doors||1||3||2||2||1|
|Vestibule Area||N/A||44.7 sq ft; 21 sq ft||2.6 m2 | 28 sq ft||N/A||3.72 m2 | 40 sq ft|
|Packed Size||100cm x 20.3cm x 20.3cm | 39.5″ x 8″ x 8″||24.1cm x 41.9cm x 64.8cm | 9.5″ x 16.5″ x 25.5″||68.6cm x 20.3cm x 20.3cm | 27″ x 8″ x 8″||17.1cm x 17.1cm x 60.3cm | 6.75″ x 6.75″ x 23.75″||69.6cm x 37.6cm x 26.2cm | 27.4″ x 14.8″ x 10.31″|
|Floor Materials||150D polyester||150D polyester||68D poly 1800mm||Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm||WeatherTec|
|Main Tent Materials||150D polyester||150D polyester||68D poly 1200mm, 40D No-see-um mesh||Polyester mesh 68D||Polyguard|
|Rainfly Materials||Polyguard 2X||75D polyester||68D poly 1200mm||Polyester taffeta 75D||Polyguard|
|Number of Poles||4||4||3||3||4|
|Pole Material||Aluminum||14 mm aluminum||Fiberglass||Fiberglass||Fiberglass|
|Extras||Integrated rainfly protection||Internal dry lines, hang loops, Velcro lantern loop||Pole pockets for easy setup||E-Port||Covered vestibule with floor|
Display the whole set of specifications Hide the complete set of specifications
Our Analysis and Test Results
With its simple design, the Coleman Cabin with Instant Setupis a charming little tent that doesn’t pretend to be anything other than extremely simple to erect. The tent goes from bag to completely built and anchored in less than 60 seconds, which is far faster than the manufacturer advertises. The construction quality isn’t fantastic, and the entrance only opens halfway, and the window coverings merely flap in the wind once they’re opened, but if you’re looking for a very simple tent that is inexpensive and ridiculously quick to set up, stop looking because you’ve found a winner.
This fast tent took longer to put together than it did to put the chairs and table together. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke In comparison to erecting this fast tent, assembling the chairs and table took longer. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
Space and Comfort
With 56 square feet of space, you can accommodate two twin air mattresses with about a foot of hallway remaining, or you can fill the entire tent from floor to ceiling with a full and a twin air mattress each. TheCabinwasn’t actually designed to accommodate four people, but if you were in a hurry, you could make it work. The entrance only opens halfway, which is a frustrating characteristic that may be found in other Coleman tents as well. As a result, getting in and out is uncomfortable and time-consuming.
The sole flaw in the windows is that they do not have any ties or other means of securing them once they have been opened, so they are just allowed to dangle.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke There is just enough room in this 4-person tent for a full and a twin air mattress.” Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
The Cabin will perform well in both hot and cold conditions. The single-walls are fully seam-sealed and provide excellent covering all around the building. A heavyweight 150D polyester is used to construct the tub-style floor and the tent walls. Along with the two pre-attached guylines, the six stakes that come with the kit will be sufficient to hold the low-profile design in place. If the weather becomes too hot, the wide windows on both sides of the tent and door, as well as the two top vents, will enable plenty of air to circulate within the structure.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>Unfortunately, the unexpectedly huge windows have no place to fold away when the zipper is pulled.
Ease of Use
There isn’t much to say about this tent because it is an instant setup tent, after all. To put the tent together after it has been taken out of the bag, simply lift up on each side until you hear a “click,” and you’re done. Putting the stakes and guyline in place is the most difficult component of the setup. Although this tent weighs 18.2 pounds, you could knock it down a notch for the size of the bag it comes in – packing this one back up took a bit more effort than usual, but it wasn’t too horrible.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke In case you fail to draw the fulcrum points out before closing, a handy soft mesh protects your fingertips with a simple pull. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
The primary construction isn’t too bad considering that the entire tent is constructed of 150D polyester and that all of the seals are seam-sealed. But the zippers and mesh netting are poorly constructed, and the bag will not last more than a season before it tears or begins to seep water into the interior. Despite the fact that the poles are constructed of aluminum, they are held together by a large number of sliding plastic components. The quality of the guylines that are included is poor. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>The guylines that are included are of doubtful quality.
The fact that this is a terrific tent to carry along with you for the kids or to use for some extra covered storage does not make it perfect for the whole family. With only 56 square feet of space, this will be cramped quarters, and if it rains, spending an entire day in this tent will put everyone’s stamina to the test. TheCabinis the ideal kids’ tent, parent tent, or gear tent, but you can only choose one of these configurations. This tent is ideal for use as a supplementary tent for guests or equipment.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
When you combine the low price point with the really straightforward setup, you get a fair deal of value for your money. Expect nothing extravagant other than a tent that even the kids or your first-time camping companion can put together with minimal assistance.
The rapidity with which this tent is erected has a magical quality to it. Sleepovers, outdoor movies, and allowing your children to bring a friend since you have a Coleman Cabin with Instant Setup as a backup are all excellent reasons to consider the Coleman Cabin with Instant Setup. Just keep in mind that you are only purchasing simplicity and quickness, nothing more. A top-down view of the Coleman Cabin, which is tiny yet extremely fast. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>A top-down view of the Coleman Cabin, which is tiny yet fast.
Coleman Sundome 4 Person Tent Review 2022
Wilderness Redefined is made possible by the help of its readers. Because I am an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make eligible purchases. In the event that you’ve never been camping before but are interested in giving it a try, selecting your first tent might be a daunting task. Finding a low-cost, dependable tent with a straightforward design might be a difficult task for first-time campers. Fortunately, you’re now reading our Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tentreview, which means that all of your queries will soon be addressed!
Please continue reading to find out whether the Coleman sundome 4 person tent is the best choice for you.
Is the coleman sundome 4 person tent a good buy?
In case you’re seeking for a fast recommendation, trust us when we say that this reasonably priced tent is absolutely a worthwhile investment. The Coleman sundome tent, which accommodates four people, is both economical and simple to put up, making it an excellent choice for first-time campers. This is why it is considered to be one of the best 4 man tents available. The Coleman sundome 4 person tent isn’t only for first-time campers searching for a low-cost entry-level option. Even for more experienced campers who may be searching for a second flexible tent for storage purposes, this Coleman delivers incredible value for money to satisfy their requirements.
I needed a tent that would be comfy for a weekend vehicle camping excursion, so I looked online.
My budget doesn’t allow me to spend a lot of money on a tent for every occasion, so finding a low-cost solution that allows me to get out in the great outdoors – without the complications and limits of my hiking tent – is well worth the investment in my opinion.
Is it good value?
This tent provides EXCELLENT value for the money spent on it. Although it is not a particularly pricey tent, we were delighted with how well it worked in general. The Coleman sundome 4 person tent received a lot of positive feedback from customers who used it for vehicle camping, which we thought to be particularly noteworthy. It is possible to purchase a well-made sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and a lantern with a solar panel and a hand crank for your trip for the difference in price between the Coleman sundome and the most costly option we investigated at the time of review for the Coleman sundome.
The items are inexpensive, however, like with the Coleman sundome, this does not imply that they are of inferior quality.
Does the coleman sundome have enough space for your needs?
Because the ceiling height of this budget-friendly tent is less than 5 feet, there isn’t a lot of usable area. However, there is sufficient space for a queen-sized mattress and sleeping quarters. The 4 person sundome is a nice size for the following activities:
- Two adults and three children
- An adult and two children
- Two adults and a child
- Two adults and two children
Is it a good tent for four people?
It will come as no surprise to those who go camping on a regular basis that the capacity of a tent is determined by the maximum number of people who can fit in it, rather than a size that prioritizes comfort.Unless you plan to use the tent only for sleeping (and store your gear somewhere else), it will be too small for a family of four.The Coleman is best suited as a tent for couples, rather than a tent for families of more than three.Even without gear, it will be too small for Smaller groups of four or families might be best served by upgrading to the 6 person version of this model.
The center height is 4’11”, which may be too low for some campers to comfortably fit inside.
Is it good for backpacking and hiking?
Despite the fact that this simple dome-style tent comes with a compact carry bag that makes it suitable for vehicle camping, it is a touch too hefty to be utilized when trekking. It would be too hefty to transport over long distances, weighing over ten pounds in total. This is a lot better tent for backyard camping rather than hiking.
Is it good for festivals?
It is, on the other hand, an excellent alternative for festival camping. A low-cost, dependable tent may be a wise purchase for a festival because they are not the safest camping sites for your tent. It’s also quite simple to set up, which is a benefit for festivals and other large gatherings.
Is it a good family camping tent?
Despite the fact that there may not be much extra space for larger families, this tent would be an excellent first tent for a couple and one child. The Coleman Sundome is an excellent choice for family camping vacations because of its ease of assembly and simplicity of use. Not only does the design make it simple to teach children how to put up their own tent, but it also allows you to spend more time enjoying your trip because of the reduced set-up time.
Storage options for managing your gear
While the Sundome does come with two storage pockets (which is an upgrade over the smaller variants), it does not include a vestibule, as is the case with the smaller models.
The mesh pockets are ideal for storing small items while yet allowing them to be easily accessible. The result is that any camping gear or equipment must be stowed within the main body of the tent, reducing the amount of sleeping space available to campers.
Performance in the wind, rain, cold and heat
When it comes to dome tents, the Coleman Sundome is a simple model that is not suited for use in adverse weather situations. If you’re going to be traveling through strong winds and wet nights, you’d be wise to hunt for an alternative.
Wet weather performance
WeatherTec System design by Coleman protects the tent from the elements and helps it stay dry during inclement weather conditions. However, don’t expect the tent to keep you completely dry if it’s pouring outside! Small rain showers should be kept out of the tent by the bathtub floor, which comes with welded corners and is inverted for more protection. Heavy rain in inclement weather, on the other hand, may cause the tent to leak. On the basis of customer feedback, it appears that the quality of the materials is rather uneven.
- The large windows (technically, mesh sidewalls) and tiny rain fly of the Coleman Sundome 4P tent provide a problem for some campers who use the tent.
- Throughout the warmer months, this is beneficial for ventilation, but during the spring and autumn, it might be a problem.
- We contacted Coleman for further information, and their representative informed us that their tents “do not block water, but do block UV light.” In other words, if you’re searching for a tent that will keep you dry, the sundome 4 man model might not be the greatest choice.
- Review of a product Not only is it wise to invest in some waterproofing sealant for this particular type, but it is also wise to do so for all lower-priced tents in general.
Is condensation a problem cold or rainy weather?
As mentioned above, the back floor vent contributes to improved ventilation and air circulation in the Sundome, which helps to keep it dry, cool, and pleasant. The mesh windows and openings of the tent also aid in the circulation of air throughout the structure. When compared to other low-cost versions, the Coleman Sundome performs admirably when it comes to keeping moisture out of the tent.
Protection from wind
In order to assure that Coleman tents will withstand light winds, they are tested in wind gusts of up to 35 miles per hour. One factor in this is the 11mm shock-corded fiberglass tent poles, which contribute to the overall effect. They are thicker than poles made specifically for trekking, which are typically approximately 8.5mm in diameter and thickness. The fiberglass poles of this 4-person dome tent are supported by guylines, which are included with the tent.
We wouldn’t advocate putting this cheaply priced tent out in high winds because of the risk of damage. The performance of the tent is improved by the modest peak height of the tent body and the slanted tent walls, but it is still not suited for use in extremely windy conditions.
Handling the heat: performance in summer
In addition to being an excellent tent for summer camping vacations, the Sundome is also well-suited for infrequent fair-weather camping outings. This tent is ideal for camping in warm weather due to the overall design, which helps to maximize airflow and keep the inside well-ventilated throughout the tent. The ground vent prevents the air inside your tent from becoming too hot and stuffy by directing it downward. As a result of the basic configuration, you will not have to fight with poles or the rainfly in the blazing sun for extended periods of time.
How durable is it and will it last long?
If you want to save money, you shouldn’t expect this tent to last forever. After all, it is an inexpensive alternative. However, there are some useful added features that will help you get the most out of this high-value tent. In comparison to aluminum, fiberglass is a more fragile material that can shatter and damage tent materials. Because these poles are thicker than we anticipated, they are more secure and long-lasting than we had expected them to be. Some customers reported that the protective polyethylene (PE) flooring was destroyed after only a few usage, which they thought was unusual.
A tarp or a tent footprint may also be used to increase the durability of your tent floor prior to pitching it, which will preserve the ground beneath your tent floor.
How easy is it to set up and take down?
Because of the basic three-pole construction, this tent can be set up in a short amount of time. In order to give the tent its dome-like shape, two poles are placed diagonally between the corners. It took an average of 10 minutes for first-time customers to complete the setup, which was basic and straightforward. However, for other customers, the setup time was as short as 5 minutes — even without assistance. Because of the sleek shape of the fiberglass poles, they are less prone to snag on the sleeve during setup and disassembly, resulting in a less frustrating setup.
How to set up the Coleman sundome 4 person tent
- First and foremost, choose a flat piece of land on which to pitch your tent, with the door facing the direction you desire. Then drive stakes into the ground at each corner of the tent. Disassemble and pass the longer main body tent poles through the continuous pole sleeves that have been stitched onto the tent before connecting the poles to a pin at one of the tent’s corners
- Once the tent is entirely attached and has taken on a shape, secure the clips to the poles. Installing a rainfly is as simple as attaching a smaller tent pole to a fabric panel before laying it over the tent’s main body with the help of the hook and loop straps. Take it easy in your tent
Can you set it up on your own?
Coleman recommended that two individuals put up this tent, however it is possible to do it with just one person. One camper even said that the tent was so simple to up that their ten-year-old kid could do it himself! Yes, absolutely! The Coleman sundome may be set up by a single camper, even if he or she has no previous camping experience. As is typically the case, we recommend that you practice setting up your tent at home before embarking on your journey. It will make you feel more confidence in your abilities and will help you complete tasks much more quickly.
Is it easy to carry?
The 4-person dome tent’s packed size would make it unsuitable for trekking, but it is the perfect size and form for vehicle camping.
FAQ: what else should you know?
You can put a queen-sized air mattress inside the tent, but it will not fit through the entrance, so make sure you fill it inside the tent before leaving it. However, the majority of people who have used one have reported that it is quite difficult to fit anybody else into the tent — even if they are using their own air mattress. Keep in mind that with the airbed in place, you will have less room for your belongings.
Can I bring electricity into the tent?
The E-port makes it simple to bring your devices with you by providing a location for an extension cord to enter the tent through which they may be charged.
Does it come with a hook to hang a lantern or light?
Yes, the tent comes with a hook on the ceiling that you may hang a lamp or a lantern from. Due to the limited headroom, you should use caution when getting on and off.
Alternatives to consider
You have lots of alternative options to explore if the Coleman sundome does not appear to be the best fit for your needs at this time.
ALPS mountaineering taurus 4-person tent
In the event that you don’t mind spending a little extra money on a more robust tent, the ALPS mountaineering taurus 4 person tent is an excellent option to consider. This tent will allow you to use it for a longer period of time throughout the year than we would recommend for the Coleman due to its well-constructed three-season design. During our investigation, we came across a customer who had successfully used the tent in snow – which represents some rather outstanding durability and protection from a tent that isn’t going to break the bank.
Coleman hooligan 4 man tent
It’s possible that the Sundome is too much of a beginner’s tent for you, in which case the Hooligan (also from Coleman) may be an excellent option. This tent is equipped with a vestibule for storage as well as a rain fly, which gives significantly greater protection from the elements.
Ayamaya pop up 4-6 person tent
It’s difficult to come across pop-up tents of this size. The tent is really simple to put up. A magnificent vestibule with a door that can be pushed up to create an awning is included as well as a wonderful porch. One of the advantages of this tent over the Coleman Sundome is that it provides a protected living space. However, like with the Sundome, the mesh windows of this tent imply that, if the rain fly is not in place, occupants will have no sense of personal privacy. It is also recommended that you utilize the floor with a footprint or trap below it to ensure that it is not harmed.
Wrapping it all up
In part because of its inexpensive price and simple setup, the Coleman sundome 4 person tent is a great first-time tent for families or groups of friends. Moreover, because of its low price, the tent is a fantastic alternative for more experienced campers who are seeking for a new tent that will not break the bank.
As a first-time camping tent or as an additional shelter for automobile camping vacations, we believe it is a wise purchase. – To view the current pricing of this item, please click on the button below. Please let us know if you like this content. That’s the only way we’ll be able to make progress.