The Best Grow Lights For A 2×4 Grow Tent – Pictures, Specs, And More
What are the finest grow light options for a 2×4 grow tent and how do you choose them? Take a look at one of the following alternatives: A 150-watt high-pressure sodium (HPS) grow light, a Spider Farmer SF-2000, a Green Sunshine ES300, or the HLG 320-watt DIY quantum board LED grow light are all good options. When selecting a grow light for a 2×4 foot grow tent, the light intensity and consistent coverage area of the lamps are the most significant elements to consider, according to the manufacturer.
All of the alternatives I’ve listed below fulfill or surpass those standards.
Despite the fact that there are a plethora of perplexing lighting options available, either of these grow lights will function well in your 2×4 grow tent.
Many folks who are contemplating 2×4 foot grow tents are also considering 3×3 foot grow tents, according to my observations.
Budget Choice:Hydroplanet 150 watt HPS grow light
Why am I proposing an HPS grow lamp as one among your two-by-four-foot grow tent’s lighting options? I communicate to farmers on a regular basis, and some of them are on a tight budget. For a variety of reasons, this 150 watt high pressure sodium grow lamp from Hydroplanet is an excellent choice for a 2×4 grow tent:
- It is inexpensive. The light intensity is sufficient for two 4x4ft grow tents to be set up. Despite the fact that HPS grow lights have a bad reputation for being heat generators and electricity hogs, this little 150 watt type does not generate much heat and does not waste much electricity due to its modest size. Indeed, it consumes less energy than the LED lights that I’ll be describing later.
Using low-quality lighting is not my first option, and I strongly advise against doing so. In contrast, if you’re really short for cash, the 150 watts of power from this lamp will suffice. One thing I’d recommend to consumers of this Hydroplanet 150w HPS grow light is that they acquire a wing reflector separately rather than utilizing the hood type reflector that comes with the light. Using a wing-style reflector will allow you to distribute light more evenly across your 2×4 foot grow tent. The rest of the time, this grow light is a plug-and-play device.
Simply suspend this light between 18 and 24 inches above your canopy and you’ll be ready to go.
Click Here to See Prices and Reviews of the Hydroplanet 150w HPS Grow Light on Amazon
The Spider Farmer SF-2000 is a quantum board LED grow light that is both contemporary and efficient. This light has a coverage area of 2×4 feet and utilizes the same LEDs and driver as the HLG, although it’s priced a little less expensive than the latter. LM301B LEDs were used in this project, and the driver was provided by Mean Well, which is a high quality, industry standard driver. My 2×4 grow tent at home has one, and it looks and functions great. I highly recommend it. You can read the rest of my Spider Farmer review right here.
Take a look at the amount of light that the SF-2000 produces: The SF-2000 emits a spectrum that includes warm white (3000K), cool white (5000K), 660nm (red), and 760nm (blue) wavelengths (infrared).
See what people have produced under Spider Farmer grow lights in the following examples: These photos were taken from Instagram, and you can see the huge buds that the Spider Farmer proprietors have developed. These plants are nothing to be squeamished about.
SF-2000 Key Specifications:
- Will blossom in a 2x4ft area — a larger space is required for seedlings. It consumes 200 watts of electricity. An adjustable ballast is incorporated. LEDs and drivers of superior quality (Samsung and Mean Well)
- Price-performance ratio is the best available
Does the SF-2000 get hot?
a 2x4ft area will enough for flowering; a larger space will suffice for seedlings It draws 200 watts of power. Includes a dimmable ballast; LEDs and drivers of excellent quality (Samsung and Mean Well); Excellent performance at a reasonable cost.
What height do I hang the SF-2000?
It is safe to hang this light at a height of 18 inches throughout vegetative and blooming stages, and at a height of 28 inches for seedlings. If you don’t have enough room to raise the light, you may always dim it; however, you’ll have to unscrew the driver from the board in order to get to the dimming screw, which is located on the bottom of the driver, which will need some effort.
Unboxing and overview of the Spider Farmer SF-2000 Quantum Board LED Grow Light by Spider Farmer.
Click Here to View or Purchase the Spider Farmer SF-2000
Designed specifically for use in 2×4 foot grow tents, the Green Sunshine Electric Sky ES300 is a high-end LED grow light. This is a high-intensity grow light with a spectrum that has been specially tailored. You’ll have to pay a premium in exchange for this. But it’s well worth the effort. Because the Green Sunshine Company feels that most grow light spectrums lack sufficient infrared, the ES300 generates greater amounts of infrared and red than is often seen in grow lights. The following is a breakdown of the colors: Blue makes up approximately 10% of the spectrum; green makes up 25% of the spectrum; red makes up 55% of the spectrum; and infrared makes up 10% of the spectrum.
- The University of Michigan conducted an experiment to see if the incorporation of green light is beneficial to plant development when compared to other typical spectrum makeups.
- According to the Green Sunshine Company, “With the unique high-dose of near-infrared light, huge blooms commence earlier, vegetation develops quicker, and the plant makes more effective use of light from what is known as the Emerson Effect.
- What you said piqued my interest immediately.
- Finally, take a look at the light intensity when it is suspended 18 inches over the canopy of a 2×4 foot grow tent: That is an astounding quantity of light spread throughout the whole 2×4 foot footprint of the grow tent.
ES300 Key Specifications:
- A 2×4 foot grow tent will produce flowers. Provides a broader area for seedlings to grow
- It consumes 300 watts of electricity and has dimming capabilities. Extremely high performance in a 2×4 configuration
- The heat sink frame effectively dissipates heat.
What Height to Hang The Green Sunshine ES300:
Because of the unique lenses on the ES 300, you can get the light extremely near to the plants without burning them.
The Green Sunshine Company specifically indicates that the light may be suspended as low as 12 to 15 inches above your canopy during the flowering phase, despite the fact that the intensity values above are from the normal 18-inch height. That’s quite an accomplishment.
Unboxing, review, and PAR testing of the Electric Sky ES300 LED grow light
Green Sunshine grow lights have had consistently positive feedback, and I haven’t come across a grow light that has received more consistently favorable feedback as the Green Sunshine grow lights in my study. Please feel free to peruse the reviews on your own. Other than generally good remarks, gardeners have noted shorter vegetative development stages and higher-quality plants as advantages of using the product.
Click Here to See Prices and Reviews for the Green Sunshine ES300 at LED Grow Lights Depot
Growing in a 2×4 foot grow tent with the HLG 260 watt QB (quantum board) is a popular option for growers that don’t mind spending a few minutes putting it together. This is the XL variant, which means that the main board is longer than usual, allowing for greater space between the LED boards, which results in improved light uniformity. It is an excellent choice for a 2×4 space since you are receiving HLG quality and performance at a reasonable price with the HLG 260 watt quantum board. Assembling the light yourself enables them to sell the board at a lower cost than they otherwise would.
HLG 260 Watt QB XL Key Specifications:
- A 2×4 foot area is sufficient
- No soldering is required. Only a screwdriver and a wire remover are required. At 2.7 umol/Joule, it is extremely energy efficient
- It consumes 260 watts. Driver with dimming capability
- Included is a hanging kit. Color temperature of 3500K with red wavelength of 660nm (see below)
Here’s a look at the intensity when the light was tested in open air:
Flowers take up a 2×4 foot area; no soldering is required! Screwdriver and wire strippers are the only tools you’ll need. 2.7 umol/Joule, which is extremely energy efficient; 260 watts; very low power consumption. Driver with a dimming function The package also include a hanging kit. Color temperature of 3500K with red wavelength of 660nm (see image below)
Although the video below is for the non-XL version, the assembly procedure is the same, so you should be able to get a sense of what to expect: DIY LED Grow Light Kit by Horticulture Lighting Group (260 watts): Construction and Evaluation
Click Here to See Prices and Reviews of the HLG 260 watt QB at LED Grow Lights Depot
After reading my lists, many growers contact me to seek for my advice. My personal preference for a 2×4 foot grow tent would be either the Spider Farmer SF-2000 or the Green Sunshine ES300, both of which are available on Amazon. Both of these lights are excellent choices, and I believe you will be pleased with any one. The HLG is also a very nice camera, but it faces stiff competition from the SF-2000, which is significantly less expensive. The Phlizon Linear Series PH-3000 received an honorable mention.
I don’t advocate the 150w high-pressure sodium lamp, although I do talk to folks who are on a limited budget from time to time.
A 2×4 foot grow tent may accommodate up to 40 watts per plant, while the best grow lights require at least 200 watts for the entire tent to function well.
How many cannabis plants fit in a 2×4 grow tent?
In a 2×4 grow tent, two to three cannabis plants can be accommodated. According to how huge the plants are permitted to grow, the price might fluctuate.
What size inline fan should I use in a 2×4 grow tent?
For a 2×4 grow tent, an inline fan with a capacity of 100 cfm to 120 cfm will be sufficient ventilation.
How do I control temperatures in a 2×4 grow tent?
Open a window or turn on an air conditioner if your grow tent is becoming too hot. You can also try cooling the room where the tent is situated. If the temperature inside the grow tent is too low, you may need to purchase a space heater for the room where the tent is placed.
How do I control humidity in a 2×4 grow tent?
The use of a humidifier or dehumidifier in your grow tent will allow you to regulate the humidity level. References:
Best LED Grow Lights 2021
A humidifier or dehumidifier can help you regulate the humidity in your grow tent. References:
Best 2×4 LED Grow Light: Top 6 Best Choices for Your Indoor Garden
The use of LED, or light-emitting diode, technology in lighting, particularly in the horticulture industry, has a highly promising future. The fact remains, however, that it is a relatively new technology that is still developing and whose costs are continuously falling. Despite the fact that they were just recently utilized for growth, we wish to offer the finest 2 4 led grow light on the market today. This is becoming increasingly popular as a means of encouraging the flowering of plants and, consequently, the fruiting of those plants.
|Product images||Product names||Editor’s rating||Price|
|KINGPLUS UL600 LED Grow Light||4.9||See Latest Price|
|SPIDER FARMER SF-2000 LED Grow Light||4.9||See Latest Price|
|SPIDER FARMER SF-1000 LED Grow Light||4.8||See Latest Price|
|Barrina T5 Grow Lights||4.8||See Latest Price|
|MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W Led Grow Light||4.7||See Latest Price|
|Bloom Plus Grow Light BP1000||4.6||See Latest Price|
What is LED grow light?
You won’t be able to employ LED photosynthesis until you first understand what it is and how it works. Lighting emitting diodes (LEDs) are mass-produced gadgets that mimic the Sun and provide the greatest artificial light source for plants to photosynthesize under controlled conditions.
Major types of LED grow light
Panels are available in square, rectangular, and triangular configurations. Because of their simplicity of installation and diversity in use, they are the most often used form of horticulture lighting in private residences. According to the claimed purpose, they are often given with predetermined color distributions that are predefined. LED grow light panels for private use are becoming increasingly popular. The panel is a reasonably common form of horticulture lighting because it combines various advantages, such as sufficient power, a broad cover surface, and ease of installation, which results in a piece of equipment that is quite adaptable in terms of application and usage.
A power supply and cooling system are built into the same box as the led, which makes for a relatively small footprint.
Installing a panel is simple once it has been unpacked; simply hang it above the plants using the mounting method that has been given, and then connect it straight into the main socket.
2. LED grow light bar
Because of the ease of use and protection provided by LED light bars, they are one of the most popular options for indoor growers. Unlike furniture, which may be heavy and difficult to fit into small areas, light bars are often longer and more slender overall in their design. This strategy, which they incorporate particularly well into high-density production centers such as those used by maximum vertical farmers, as well as the increased duration of the bar, makes insurance more viable and diffused.
In this post, you will learn about six different types of LED light bars, their varied capabilities and advantages, as well as some of the issues that light bars might cause for farmers.
3. LED grow light bulb
- Energy-saving and high-efficiency features
- The lamp has a life expectancy of more than 30000 hours. While lighting, the lamp emits less heat
- The lamp emits a large number of photons, which aids in the production of a high photosynthetic yield in plants. The lamp emits a particular light spectrum that can aid in the stimulation of flower development.
6 best 2×4 LED grow lights
See the most recent price The Grow light UL600 is a device that is used in the growing process as a support product. With a traditional form, the Crow led is appropriate for a wide range of room sizes and configurations. The lamp offers a high level of water resistance thanks to its waterproofing mechanism. When we use this light in the developing glass chamber, we don’t have to be concerned about shortening its lifespan. When this lamp is used, people will save a significant amount of money on the cost of replacing old bulbs.
The power usage of 80 watts saves a significant amount of electricity.
It promotes rapid heat dissipation, which results in a 30 percent increase in light intensity.
Your farming has gotten a lot simpler as a result of this.
2. Spider Farmer SF-2000 LED Grow Light
Prices are up to date on this page. When it comes to cultivation, the Grow light UL600 is an essential device. With a traditional form, the Crow led is appropriate for a variety of interior settings. There is a high level of waterproofing in the lamp’s design. When we use this light in the expanding glass room, we aren’t concerned about reducing its lifespan. This lamp will allow people to save a significant amount of money on the cost of replacing old bulbs. Furthermore, the integration of scientific projection housing technology to theGrow UL 600 LED results in extremely excellent performance.
The light is mostly constructed of aluminum.
This will allow plants to develop more vigorously.
3. Spider Farmer SF-1000LED Grow Light
See the most recent price The device makes use of the most energy-efficient LED technology available, using Samsung LM301B diodes. It allows for a greater than 50% reduction in power consumption compared to the standard. There is a modest cost associated with the use of this support lamp product. The control light series from MeanWell is equipped with a handy control knob and switch. Users may select the quantity of light that is best appropriate for each stage of the plant’s development. Another benefit of this lamp is that it is completely quiet.
One thing you should be aware of is that there are several imitations of this style of bulb.
4. Barrina T5 Grow Lights
See the most recent price A single yellow light is emitted by the Barina T5 lamp, as opposed to other plant stimulators. It is estimated that the plants will absorb more than 95 percent of the light from the bulb. A light combination will consist of four lights that are each of a distinct style. A switch is located between the lights on a separate surface to make switching between them easier. For usage in your house, you may set it up as a basic bridge, and you can still install theBarrina T5 by yourself.
Everything is included in the package, so you are completely self-sufficient. It is your responsibility to follow the directions. Additionally, when employing business plants, you may establish a system of 16 bulbs to save money and time on installation by grouping them together.
5. Mard Hydro TSL 2000W Led Grow Light
See the most recent price If you need to employ lights in the commercialization of greenhouse crops, this is the light to use. It is available in several colors. It is appropriate for use with power sources of 120VAC, 240VAC, and 277VAC. The light incorporates dimming and daisy-chaining capabilities with relative ease. The light design also has a timer as well as temperature and humidity sensors, which are both handy. It has the capacity to connect directly to 15 bulbs, making it perfect for usage in big spaces.
Therefore, it is suited for use with all crops and at all phases of the plant’s life cycle.
6. Bloom Plus Grow Light BP1000
See the most recent price The BP1000 LED Grow Lights were designed with the most up-to-date high-performance LED technology. Due to the fact that it has 336 Samsung 2835 diodes, it is incredibly energy efficient. Grow lights give all of the appropriate illumination settings for plants at every stage of development. The use of blue and infrared light can aid in the promotion of growth and flowering. Using Samsung LED chips in lamps, researchers were able to enhance light intensity by 20%. There will be more energy available for the plants to flourish.
The varieties of lights seen above are those that are used to assist the growth of plants in a greenhouse.
Please select the product that best meets your requirements!
What makes the best grow light?
Let’s look at some of the most significant factors to consider before making a purchase from the vast array of forms, sizes, wattages, pricing, and other characteristics that can be discovered on the Internet to assist you in making your decision.
- The price will be determined mostly by the quality of the manufacturing, but it will also be determined by some alternatives that can provide a significant benefit to the user. For the panels, certain versions have fans that are connected to aluminum heatsinks, as well as the option of chaining many panels together in the same installation. In the case of lights, the number of heads, the number of switches, and the capacity to alter the illumination intensity are all factors that might impact the price. With regard to bulbs, the quality of the heatsinks is mostly responsible for the difference in performance. Make sure that the power of your installation corresponds to your requirements. Indeed, the situation will be extremely different for a little bonsai or a palm tree that is more than a meter tall. The length of the equipment’s warranty duration is also a significant consideration in the choosing process. The longer it is, the greater trust the manufacturer has in the origin of the parts, as well as in the production and testing processes
- The shorter it is
However, the price will be determined mostly by the level of craftsmanship used in its production as well as the availability of specific alternatives that might be of significant use to the end user. Several kinds of panels are available, some of which have fans that are connected to aluminum heatsinks, and others which allow for the connection of several panels in the same installation. In the case of lamps, the number of heads, the number of switches, and the capacity to alter the illumination intensity are all factors that might impact the price; in the case of lighting fixtures, the price is influenced by the kind of material used and the number of heads.
The situation will be significantly different for a little bonsai or for an over-one-meter-tall palm tree.
Because of this, the manufacturer has more faith in the origin of the parts as well as their production and testing processes.
1. The light flux supplied by LED
The price will be determined mostly by the quality of the manufacturing process, but it will also be determined by specific alternatives that might provide a significant benefit to the user. For the panels, certain versions have fans that are connected to aluminum heatsinks, as well as the option of chaining numerous panels together in the same installation. When it comes to lamps, the number of heads, the number of switches, and the capacity to adjust the illumination intensity all have an impact on the price.
The situation will be considerably different for a little bonsai or for an over-a-meter-tall palm tree.
Because of this, the manufacturer has more faith in the origin of the parts as well as their production and testing processes.
2. The light spectrum emitted by the lamp
When it comes to selecting horticulture LEDs, understanding the notion of the light spectrum is critical. Essentially, these are the set of wavelengths that are released by a source of light, whether it be the sun or an artificial light source. The portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to the human eye ranges from 400 nm to 700 nm. Ultraviolet is defined as wavelengths below 400 nm, and infrared is defined as wavelengths over 700 nm. When all of the wavelengths are combined in the same luminous flux, the light looks white to humans; but, when the wavelengths are separated, the light is interpreted by our eyes as having different hues.
3. Power supply
When selecting horticulture LEDs, the notion of the light spectrum is quite significant. This is the collection of wavelengths released by a light source, whether it be the sun or an artificial light source. It is between 400 and 700 nm in wavelength that we can see in the visible spectrum of light. Ultraviolet wavelengths are below 400 nm, and infrared wavelengths are over 700 nm. Light looks white to humans when all of its wavelengths are combined into a single luminous flux, but when they are separated, the light is interpreted by our eyes as having different hues.
4. The cooling system
The importance of heat in the realm of lighting, whether it has a horticultural purpose or not, cannot be overemphasized. Despite the fact that LEDs generate less heat than other technologies, this heat is not insignificant and must be taken into consideration. For panels with a particular amount of power, it is critical to disperse the heat in order to ensure the life of the lamps, but it is also important in the scenario that we are discussing to avoid temperature spikes that are harmful to the plants.
Active dissipation and passive dissipation are the two types of cooling strategies available.
The active dissipation system is comprised of fans that take hot air from around the bulbs and replace it with cooler air to achieve the desired result. This theory is straightforward and well-proven, as evidenced by the fact that it is employed in a wide range of common gadgets. The passive dissipation, as the name implies, is not dependent on the existence of any moving parts, but rather on the presence of a piece of metal that is in direct contact with the heat source (that is to say, the lamps).
5. Noise problems
In contrast to active dissipation, passive dissipation is based on the existence of a piece of metal that is in direct contact with the heat source, as the name indicates (that is to say, the lamps). Heat dissipation is a physical feature of metal that allows it to cool lights by dispersing it in the surrounding air.
6. Sealing of the lighting system
A certain amount of humidity and temperature are required by some species of plants (carnivorous plants for example). As a result, it is strongly advised that lighting equipment that is both functional and, more importantly, durable under these circumstances of operation be selected. *** More information may be found at: Growing Plants Under a Desk Lamp Is A Scientific And Effective Method of Growing
How can you rate the quality of Led grow light?
What criteria do you use to evaluate the quality of an LED grow light?
1. The Efficiency
Ideally, the illumination provided by an LED grow light should be comparable to the lighting provided by the Sun. These light sources not only allow plants to develop through photosynthesis, but they also stimulate fruiting and blooming in response to the length of time that the light is available. Plants will soon deteriorate (yellow leaves) and perish if they do not receive enough light. Carbon dioxide and water from the atmosphere are converted into carbs in this process (sugars). Chlorophyll is a pigment that absorbs the red and blue components of light and is responsible for the green color of plants’ leaves.
2. The Intensity
Reflectors are an excellent choice for increasing the intensity of horticulture lighting. Some bulbs, such as high-pressure sodium and mercury-vapor lamps, will require a ballast. In this instance, Culture Indoor provides you with pre-designed interior luminaires that can be applied to any surface without the need for a custom design. Find CFL kits or HPS / MH kits on our website. What is the best way to measure LED grow light? The total wattage of LED grow lights may be used to determine the intensity of the light produced.
- Another solution is to use lamps to illuminate the plants’ surroundings.
- PAR is measured in PAR units.
- The quantity of PAR light (photons) reaching the surface of the plant per second is measured by the photons per second (PPFD).
- Plants grow more efficiently under G8LED grow lights because their PAR (photon absorption rate) is between 600 and 1700 mol / m2 / s.
Increase the number of trichomes on your plants to make them healthier and more strongly blossoming. It is possible to cultivate plants that have excellent flavor, scent, and power with G8LED lighting.
3. The Range
The type of LED garden lights you choose will be determined by the surface you wish to illuminate. The lens angle of LEDs, which can range from 20° to 160°, determines the amount of light that they emit and reflect. The greater the angle of attack of the lamp, the greater the area covered by the lamp. However, because the photon flux is dispersed across a wider surface area, the illumination intensity will drop as a result of the reduced illumination intensity. Wide lens lights may be quite beneficial for seedlings and early shoots since they can be put closer to them while still providing a little amount of additional heat to the plants.
As a result, if at all feasible, determine the precise size of your space and select the lights that will best meet your requirements.
4. The ratio of different wavelengths/colors of light
When it comes to choosing LED garden lights, understanding the notion of the light spectrum is critical. Light sources, whether natural or artificial, emit a spectrum of wavelengths that are known as their color spectrum. The portion of the light spectrum that human eyes can perceive is between 400 and 700 nanometers in wavelength. We are talking about ultraviolet light when the wavelength is below 400 nm, and infrared when the wavelength is above 700 nm.
- Use of “blue” light, with wavelengths ranging from 400 to 500 nm, to the greatest extent possible throughout the growth of our flora
If you provide enough green light to plants during this period, you may notice that they have more leaves, stronger roots, and shorter internodes than plants that have not been exposed to enough light. This is due to the fact that the plant does not have to extend these stems in order to receive the maximum amount of light.
- When the plants are in the blossoming stage, they mostly require red light. There are wavelengths ranging from 620 to 780 nanometers in the spectrum.
There are typically four types of LED grow lights available on the market to achieve these various colors:
- LED grow lights (mainly in the blue spectrum)
- Flowered LEDs (primarily in the red spectrum)
- LEDs in a mixed configuration (with specified blue and red distribution)
- LEDs that can be customized (you may select from a variety of hues)
According to industry standards, the majority of commercial horticulture LED panels or lights feature a variety of hues with a red to blue ratio of around 80 to 20 percent. This is the finest balance since it will work in all instances while minimizing the need for excessive expenditures in some cases. It is feasible to select lamps that disperse the full light spectrum, so guaranteeing that plants always receive the wavelengths they require at the appropriate time of year. Increased consumption will be the chosen partner in this case.
Frequently Asked Question
For the first time, you’re learning how to put up a grow tent. Making the conversion from high-intensity discharge to LED grow lights? In either case, it’s critical to select the appropriate LED grow light for your tent size. LED lights provide a significant benefit for both you and your plants when you choose to utilize them. In fact, LEDs are the only lights that are capable of supplying plants with the precise light spectrum they require during the whole growth cycle. These lights, in addition to providing the finest quality of illumination, consume the least amount of energy to operate properly.
The full benefits of LED grow lights, on the other hand, are not available if the fixture you pick is not appropriate for your grow tent. The following are the measures you must take in order to select the best LED lights for your tent.
Step 1: Establish Whether Your Grow Tent is for Veg, Flowering, or Full Cycle Growing
For the first time, you’re learning how to set up a grow tent? Switching from high-intensity discharge to LED crop lights? In either case, finding the appropriate LED grow light for your tent size is critical. LED lights provide a significant advantage to both you and your plants when you choose to utilize them. In fact, LEDs are the only lights that are capable of supplying plants with the precise light spectrum they require during their whole growth cycle. Along with providing the finest quality of illumination, these lights consume the least amount of energy when in operation.
The full benefits of LED grow lights, on the other hand, are not available if the fixture you select is not appropriate for your grow tent.
Step 2: Decide How Many Plants You Plan to Grow In Grow Tent
It is not only about the size of the tent that you should consider when selecting the appropriate lighting for your grow tent. It’s also about the size of the canopy and how well it occupies the available area. Plan on providing at least one square foot of space for each plant if you aren’t sure how many you will be cultivating. Allow adequate room for your crops to spread out and become wide and bushy. When the plant begins to blossom, you will be in a great position to harvest large quantities of fruit.
Every LED grow light should include easy-to-find specifications on its product page, just like any other electronic device.
Step 3: Estimate How Much Wattage You Need for Your Square Footage
We’ve included this step since it’s one of many considerations to examine, but it’s not a hard-and-fast rule, and it should be treated as such. We’ll start by sharing a common rule of thumb, and then we’ll explain why you should use caution while using it. According to conventional wisdom, you should aim for 32-50 watts per square foot of growing space. If your grow place is a specialized veg tent, you’ll need something closer to 25 watts. Using this example, if you’re dealing with an area of three by three feet, you’d potentially require an LED light with a power demand of somewhere in the range of 225 watts (vegetative) and 450 watts (hi-intensity) (flowering).
The difficulty is that watts don’t tell you anything about the quality or intensity of light produced by a fixture, only its quantity.
Top-tier LED lights are incredibly energy-efficient and can generate an equal spread of high-intensity light while using only a little amount of electricity.
This lamp, on the other hand, has a PPFD rating of 800 and covers a coverage area of 3′ x 3′. And if none of it makes sense to you, don’t be concerned about it. We’ll go over it in more detail in Step 4.
Step 4: Compare PPFD Levels of LED Grow Lights
You may obtain more in-depth information about PPFD measurements by visiting this page. In the meanwhile, we’ll try to make things as simple as possible. The photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) transmission factor (PPFD) informs you how much photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) really reaches the canopy from a certain hanging distance. Here, we’re talking about the amount of useable light that makes its way from the bulb to the foliage. Follow these steps to grow plants that are healthy and flavorful:
- Seedings and clones require 200-400 PPFD
- Vegetation requires 400-600 PPFD
- Budding and blooming require 600-900 PPFD
- And fruiting requires 900-1000 PPFD.
Budding and flowering: 600-900 PPFD; Seedings and clones: 200-400 PPFD; Vegetation and budding: 400-600 PPFD; Vegetation and budding: 400-600 PPFD;
- Seedings and clones require 200-400 PPFD
- Vegetative growth requires 400-600 PPFD
- Budding and blooming require 600-900 PPFD
- And fruiting requires 900-1000 PPFD.
It is also crucial to note that the PPFD of your lights is dependent on the height at which they are suspended. The quality of the light declines as one moves further away from the bulb. It is possible to measure the quantity of PAR that is available at a certain distance from the fixture using a PPFD measurement. When you look at the PPFD specifications, make a note of the distance at which the measurement was obtained. For example, the 200-watt SolarXtreme 250 has a 500 PPFD at 18″ and weighs only 18 pounds.
- When deciding on the best LED grow light for your tent size, remember to take into account more than simply square footage when making your decision.
- Don’t be fooled by low-cost lighting options.
- To note the fact that having some assistance while erecting a tent for the first time is quite beneficial.
- Please let us know if there is anything we at California Lightworks can do to assist you in getting started.
5 Best LED Light For 4×2 Grow Tents (Review 2021)
(This page was last updated on January 7, 2021.) Are you a passionate gardener seeking for the finest led light for a 42 grow tent? If so, you’ve come to the right place. If you answered yes, we can promise you that you have arrived at the correct location since we have all of the greatest LED lights covered for your convenience! At times, it might be difficult to choose which LED light would serve your needs the best. This is why we have included a comprehensive list of some of the most popular LED lights in this post, while also providing you with an in-depth review of the most significant characteristics, as well as the pros and disadvantages of each light.
2 4 grow tent LED lights require a power output of between 250 and 400 watts, and it is thus crucial to get the most appropriate light that will be suited for your power loss. Typically, 32 watts are required for every square foot of surface area. Thus:
- If you are growing in a normal 42 grow tent during the blooming stage, you will need around 256 watts of power (recommended power range is between 256 watts to 350 watts). A conventional 42 grow tent will take around 200 watts of power during the vegetative stage (recommended power ranges from 200 watts to 300 watts).
This page will provide you with all of the information you want on the power input, the size of the lights, their applicability, their distinctive characteristics, their durability, their efficiency, and so on. Consequently, continue reading to choose which LED light you should get next for your lovely indoor hydroponic garden.
Review of 5 Best LED light for 4×2 Grow Tent
This page will provide you with all of the information you want on the power input, the size of the lights, their applicability, their distinctive characteristics, their durability, their efficiency, and so on. Please continue reading to learn how to select the next LED light you will purchase to complement your gorgeous indoor hydroponic garden.
- Installation is simple. Amount of power required: 200 watts The latest model of Samsung LM301B diodes has been fitted, making it suitable for all development phases. Structure that is waterproof, as well as dimming capabilities that are personalized
The Spider Farmer Newest SF-2000 LED light is a one-of-a-kind LED light that boasts a variety of unique characteristics, including the ability to withstand water, the use of updated LED technology, and a frame constructed of strong aluminum. This ensures a long-lasting construction while also serving as a cost-effective lighting solution for your growing environment. More than that, it offers its consumers an effective service thanks to its improved light penetration powers, and it is also a reasonably priced option when compared to other LED lights available on the market today.
- There are no fans built in, thus there is no noise. High power production at a cheap cost of ownership
- Minimal maintenance costs. It is relatively less expensive than other LED lights available on the market. Because of the installation of thick aluminum board material, there is no heat production. It encourages plant development at all stages due to the availability of a broad spectrum of light
- Increased light dispersion within the canopy of the crops, allowing for more efficient development. The product includes three years of on-site service for any repairs or maintenance that may be required.
Due to the lack of fans included into the design, there is no noise. When it comes to maintenance costs, high power output is preferable. Compared to other LED lights available on the market, this one is rather inexpensive. Because of the installation of thick aluminum board material, there is no creation of heat at all. A broad spectrum of light is provided, which promotes plant development at all stages. Light dispersion within the canopy of crops is improved, allowing for more efficient development.
2. MARS HYDRO Grow Light for 2×4 ft
- The following dimensions: 39.2 x 9.96 x 3.54 inches
- 300 watts (+/- 5%) of power is required for operation. A built-in dimmer for adjusting the lighting
- It is appropriate for plants at all phases of development. Three five-inch vegetative stages and two four-inch blooming stages are sufficient. 684 pieces of LED bulbs using the newest SMD LED technology have been fitted in this unit.
The MARS HYDRO TSL 24 led grow light may be used for plants at all stages of development, and it is equipped with the most up-to-date LED technology currently available on the market. It offers crops with high light intensity as well as a whole spectrum of light, which increases the efficiency of plant development while lowering the cost of production. Furthermore, the dimmer placed allows the user to manage the quantity of light that is emitted from within the grow tent, allowing the user to moderate the production of their plants.
- The product is covered by a three-year warranty. By producing very strong light and increased reflecting capacity, it helps the user save both energy and money. The dimmer makes it simple for the user to adjust the quantity of light that is provided throughout different stages of plant growth. The increased output of plants with improved crop quality as a result of the effective SMD LED technology, which results in a 30 percent increase in yield
- A whole spectrum of light is available to plants at all phases of their growth, allowing them to flourish at their highest potential while also producing high-quality harvests. Due to the fanless design and the installation of quantum light boards, which have a high reflecting capacity and help plants to absorb more light, this is one of the finest LED lights for 2×4 grow tents currently available on the market.
WHAT DID NOT APPEAL TO ME
3. VIPARSPECTRA LED Grow Light
- 380 watts plus three percent
- 180 LED lights
- 16.5×16.5×3 inches for a 4×2 grow tent
- 390 watts plus three percent
- Can be used for plants at any stage of development
- In addition to a strong structure, the iron housing is also fireproof
- At 32 inches, it provides 44 inches of veg covering and 33 inches of flowering coverage
- At 24 inches, it provides 33 inches of flowering coverage.
VIPARSPECTRA 900W is a sturdy, fireproof construction that may be utilized for plant growth at every stage of development. It has energy-saving systems in place, and by supplying users with high-yield crops, it is able to save both energy and money. This device is extremely user-friendly due to its excellent cooling mechanisms and daisy chaining capabilities. WHAT I APPRECIATED
- A three-year warranty as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee are included. Increases the size of the buds and increases the yield, allowing the user to conserve energy. It is more durable because of the fire-resistant property, and there are fewer risks of fire occurrences. It is equipped with a 12-band spectrum of light that is suitable for the growth of all stages of crops. is equipped with a 12-band spectrum of light that may be used to produce crops at all stages of development This product has a daisy chain function, which allows customers to connect numerous LED lights together while utilizing fewer power outlets. A lifespan of over 100,000 hours makes it one of the best-LED lights for 42 grow tents because to its excellent endurance
- It is also one of the most affordable. A faster cooling system with enhanced aluminum heat sinks ensures there is no buildup of heat on the motherboard. Furthermore, a high-speed fanning mechanism that is both efficient and effective in dissipating heat is beneficial.
WHAT DID NOT APPEAL TO ME
4. VIPARSPECTRA LED Grow Light
- DETAILS IMPORTANT
- A three-year warranty as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee are included. Increases the size of the buds and increases the yield, allowing the user to conserve energy. The fact that it is fire-resistant makes it more robust and reduces the likelihood of fire dangers. It is equipped with a 12-band spectrum of light that is suitable for the growth of all stages of crops. is equipped with a 12-band spectrum of light that may be used to produce crops at all stages of development This product has a daisy chain function, which allows customers to connect numerous LED lights together while utilizing fewer power outlets. A lifespan of over 100,000 hours makes it one of the top yielding LED lights for a 42 grow tent because to its great durability, making it one of the highest yielding LED lights available. A faster cooling system with enhanced aluminum heat sinks ensures there is no buildup of heat on the motherboard. Aside from being economical and high-speed, fanning systems are also great in dissipating heat.
WHAT DID NOT APPEAL TO ME
5.Niello 1200W Cree Grow Light
- Power Input: 280 watts
- Size: 16.95 x 16.25 x 4.95 inches
- Can be used for all growth stages of plants
- Number of LEDs: 112 (with 10w double LEDs)
- It comes with anti-rust and dustproof features for longer durability
- Has an upgraded 90° Reflector Cups design for better absorption of light by plants
Niello 24 led grow light is equipped with 10-watt double clip LEDs, which produce more intensity light within the grow tents than the competition. Due to the fact that it is dustproof, moisture-proof, and built of rust-free material, it is extremely sturdy and long-lasting in use.
The fact that it has a high life expectancy of more than 100000 hours makes it a wise purchase for those who enjoy gardening, since it is both cost efficient and long lasting. WHAT I APPRECIATED
- It has a lifetime of more than 100000 hours and comes with a three-year warranty. Utilizing noiseless application during the use of quiet fans with aluminum frames
- Includes a daisy chain, which allows the user to connect more lights to fewer outlets by connecting them in a chain. This light source provides a whole spectrum of light for the plants, allowing it to be used throughout all phases of the plants’ growth. Includes four additional CREE COB LEDs, which results in higher par values and more light dispersion inside the canopy of the plant
- It reduces energy consumption and increases crop yields as a result of its higher luminous efficiency, resulting in power and cost savings for the user.
WHAT DID NOT APPEAL TO ME Conclusion We’ve analyzed the top LED lights for 4×2 grow tents currently available on the market, and now it’s up to you to decide which LED light is the best fit for your specific needs and requirements. It is critical that you are aware of the primary characteristics of the product that you are purchasing, as well as the advantages and disadvantages that come with it. Whatever your requirements, whether they be for fireproofing, waterproofing, durability, or efficiency, the LED lights outlined above will more than fulfill your needs.