The 5 Best Tent Brands of 2022
Brands of Tents to Consider Because there are so many different tents to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one to purchase. A tent’s size, weight, construction, quality, and price are all different from one another. In order to make an informed purchasing decision, it is critical to analyze your requirements. In order to make things a little easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tent brands in the world. The tent brands mentioned in this article surpass the competition because they use cutting-edge materials and have a wealth of expertise in the field of temporary shelters.
In addition to tents, the companies mentioned below manufacture high-quality sleeping items such as bivy sacks, tarps, and sleeping bags as well.
Furthermore, the section on tents in this guide will evaluate different types of tents (such as single-wall and double-wall) and explain how to select the most appropriate tent for your needs.
Best Tent Brands:
- Tent Manufacturers to Consider There are so many different types of tents available that it might be tough to decide which one to purchase. A tent’s size, weight, construction, quality, and price are all different from one other. As a result, before making a purchase, it is critical to analyze your requirements. In order to make things a little easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tent brands. Using cutting-edge materials and a wealth of expertise in the field of portable shelters, the tent brands profiled in this article exceed the competition. The great quality and extended lifespan of these manufacturers’ tents means that they are not an affordable purchase, but they are a wise investment. In addition to tents, the companies mentioned below provide high-quality sleeping equipment such as bivy sacks, tarps, and sleeping bags for outdoor enthusiasts. To discover more about the numerous types of portable shelters available and their merits and cons, read ourGuide to Backpacking Sleeping Equipment before making your purchase. Also included is a section on tents, where we evaluate several types of tents (single-wall and double-wall), as well as explain how to select the most appropriate tent for your requirements and circumstances.
The Copper Spur Tent at Big Agnes is a great place to stay in the summer.
Founded:2000 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded in 2000 with the goal of creating the greatest outdoor gear possible, Big Agnes has become a household name. Despite fierce competition, they were able to break into the oversaturated outdoor industry by manufacturing high-quality outdoor gear. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for men, women, and children.
- The firm creates hiking, climbing, and camping tents that have two things in common: they are high-quality and light-weight in comparison to their competitors.
- Big Agnes also provides a wide range of accessories to go with their temporary shelters.
- In terms of size, the former comes in two and three-person versions, while the latter is available in both four and six-person configurations.
- Amazon has Big Agnes Tents on sale – click here.
- Mutha Hubba Tent (Mutha Hubba Tent)
Founded:1969 Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States Tents of several types are available. Despite the fact that MSR (Mountain Safety Research) was founded in 1969, it was only in 2000 that they began manufacturing tents after merging with a firm named Edgeworks. Edgeworks was a maker of high-quality tents that were later rebranded as MSR tents after being acquired by MSR. The MSR firm was bought by Cascade Designs in 2001. Cascade Designs is a corporation that owns numerous well-known outdoor products, including Therm-a-Rest and Platypus.
MSR also provides high-quality camping stoves, water filters, and snowshoes, among other items of equipment.
They have a capacity of one to eight people and are extremely versatile in design.
In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we included MSR tents as a recommended option.
Founded:1989 Utah is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Black Diamond is particularly well-known for producing high-quality climbing equipment. They do, however, manufacture high-quality outdoor gear, accessories, and shelters as well. Designed for mountaineering and trekking in challenging environments, their tents are generally used for these activities. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the majority of Black Diamond tents are single-wall tents, which are ideal for winter weather.
- Black Diamond tents are extremely light and durable, allowing them to survive the harsh weather conditions found in the highlands.
- For those searching for a large camping tent, however, Black Diamond is definitely not the best choice because the largest tent they provide can only seat three people.
- In our studies of the Best Backpacking Tents and the Best Bivy Sacks, we offered Black Diamond shelters as an option.
- The Kelty Discovery Tent is available from Black Diamond Tents, which is located at Black Diamond.
Founded:1952 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded:1952 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s home base. Tents of several kinds are available.
Founded:2002 Headquarters are in New Hampshire, United States. Tents of several types are available. Nemo Equipment is similar to Big Agnes in that it is a relatively young firm that has successfully conquered the crowded outdoor market by manufacturing high-quality equipment. Because the firm is solely dedicated to the manufacture of sleeping equipment, it should come as no surprise that their tents are of the finest quality. Nemo manufactures hiking, climbing, and camping tents that are lightweight and extremely durable.
- Because Nemo tents use cutting-edge technology, the company has received several design and innovation honors.
- In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we considered items from the Nemo brand.
- To give it a star, simply click on it.
- The overall rating is 3.7 out of 5.
- One last thing before I go.
BlazOutdoor enthusiast with extensive expertise in a variety of hiking and mountaineering activities of all kinds. I’ve hiked in the Alps, Iceland, and a few other places. Via ferrata routes and snow-covered hills have captured my heart. Take a look at myhikes.
Best Tent Brands in 2022 ⋆ Expert World Travel
The most recent update was made on January 17, 2022. When it comes to shopping for a tent, it might be overwhelming. Given the large number of various types and brands available, it can be difficult to determine which ones will be the most appropriate for your needs and will be worth the money you spend on them. Making the wrong choice can result in the possession of a leaky chilly tent with no storage choices, which is inadequately sized and which blows over at the first hint of a wind, among other things.
By selecting the most appropriate tent brands for your requirements.
Some companies are specialized to the production of backpacking tents, while others are focused on the production of family tents or standard camping tents.
You can choose which tent brand to use based on the type of tent you want since we’ve compiled a list of the top tent brands available and explained all of their strengths and shortcomings in the following section.
Best Tent Brands
Marmot was established in 1979 and has a long history of producing high-quality outdoor gear. It all started when a group of college friends decided to start creating outdoor apparel in their dorm room, and it has since grown into a globally recognized outdoor firm. Marmot tents are built to a very high standard while being reasonably priced for the quality that they provide. They are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 1 to 8 people and include family tents, lightweight tents, and tents that will keep you warm even in the coldest of climates.
Their bigger tents are few and few between, and they are more suited to expeditions than to family camping.
They employ PFC-free waterproofing and make every effort to use repurposed materials into the construction of their tents.
- Tents of high quality but at a reasonable price
- Warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Make use of waterproofing that is free of PFCs
- Try to use recycled materials if possible. Excellent for a wide range of camping requirements
- Excellent for use with four-season tents.
Mountain Safety Research (MSR) is an acronym that stands for Mountain Safety Research, and you can only imagine the level of attention to detail that goes into their tents. The Mountain Safety Research company was started in 1969, so they have a lot of experience in the outdoor gear industry. However, it wasn’t until they combined with Edgeworks, a leading tent manufacturer, that they were able to begin manufacturing tents. It is their mission statement that “better, safer, more dependable equipment is the key to unlocking larger experiences,” and they are not entirely incorrect.
Their tents are among the most durable that can be found on the market.
In one of their four-season tents, you won’t be chilly in the winter and you won’t be overheated in the summer.
When you include an MSR tent in the equation, you can go on any trip you choose.
Despite the fact that they are quite costly, you definitely get what you pay for. A three-year manufacturer’s fault guarantee is included, and they also provide a repair service, so you’ll likely have a tent for the rest of your days.
- Mount Everest Research (MSR) is an acronym that stands for Mountain Safety Research, and you can only imagine the level of detail that goes into their tents based on the name alone. Due to the fact that MSR was created in 1969, they have had quite a bit of experience in the “outdoor gear block.” However, it wasn’t until they combined with Edgeworks, a leading tent manufacturer, that they were able to begin producing tents. It is their mission statement that “better, safer, more dependable equipment is the key to unlocking larger experiences,” and they are not mistaken. This is one of the reasons why MSR produces some of the most dependable outdoor gear available. There are few tents that can compete with theirs for durability. They specialize in producing large, warm tents that can be transported anywhere and used in any weather conditions. In one of their four-season tents, you won’t be freezing in the winter or overheated in the summer. To be sure, there’s something to be said for this approach. When you add an MSR tent to the equation, every journey becomes possible. In spite of the fact that they are a touch pricey, you get what you pay for. As long as you keep up with the 3-year manufacturer’s fault guarantee and take advantage of the repair service, you’ll likely have a tent for the rest of your life.
Coleman is a name that everyone has heard of, and if you haven’t, it’s about time you did. They are a family favorite among tent manufacturers, and they create everything from coolers to camping chairs and everything in between. The Coleman family firm, which was established in 1900, has been manufacturing outdoor gear for more than a century. They take great delight in producing high-quality, reasonably priced tents that everyone can enjoy. In fact, Coleman manufactures the vast majority of the best-selling tents on Amazon, which speaks much about the brand’s reputation and level of consumer devotion.
Whatever type of camping trip you’re planning, whether it’s for a festival with some buddies or a family vacation in the Rockies, Coleman offers a tent that you can count on to keep your belongings safe and secure.
Each tent also comes with a limited guarantee against manufacturing faults, albeit the terms of the warranties differ from one tent to the next.
- High-quality at an affordable price
- Excellent for family-size tents
- Suitable for regular camping tents
- Attractive patterns
- Excellent weather resistance
- High-quality at an affordable price
- Excellent for family-size tents
- Suitable for regular camping tents
- Eye-catching patterns
- Excellent weather resistance
While camping in the outdoors, you can be certain that Big Agneshas your back with a statement like “life is too short to utilize shoddy camping gear.” Their equipment is meant to be the best available, and while it is somewhat pricey, the quality you receive is well worth the investment. They specialize in the production of ultralight trekking tents that are also capable of withstanding some of the roughest situations on the globe. They manage to do all of this without sacrificing valuable floor area.
Several of their ultralight tents include unique features such as double entrances, double vestibules, and practically vertical walls, which distinguishes them from the rest of the competitors.
Because they have tents that are suitable for 1-8 people, you should be able to choose one that meets your requirements.
- You may be certain that Big Agneshas your back when you’re out camping in the outdoors with a statement like “life is too short to utilize lousy camping equipment.” Despite the fact that their equipment is among the most costly available, the quality you receive is well worth the investment. Specifically, they specialize in producing lightweight tents for backpacking that can withstand the rigors of some of Earth’s most extreme locations. This is accomplished without sacrificing valuable floor area. We design each tent such that it makes the most of the available space while also being a pleasure to camp in. Some of their ultralight tents include features such as double entrances, double vestibules, and almost vertical walls, which distinguish them from the competitors. In addition, it is small touches like these that make using their tents a considerably more pleasurable experience. You should be able to locate an appropriate tent for your needs from their selection of 1-8 person models. The Coleman and Marmot tents above, on the other hand, are excellent choices for anyone searching for a basic camping tent or family tent. Save money by sticking with the Coleman and Marmot tents above.
Kelty has been in the outdoor business since 1952, when they first began manufacturing backpacks. Over the years, they have expanded their product line to include tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear. Their tents may not provide the same level of performance as brands such as Big Agnes or MSR, but they are far less expensive. If you’re searching for a hiking tent that won’t set you back a fortune, Kelty is the brand to choose. Their tents may be a little heavier and not designed for the summit of Everest, but they are well-made, robust, and excellent at withstanding wind and rain, which, to be honest, is all that the majority of us want for most of our camping trips.
Camping tents come in a variety of sizes that accommodate 1-6 people and are equipped with a variety of amazing amenities to guarantee that you have the best possible experience while camping.
In addition to a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects, Kelty also provides a repair service so that you may continue to use your tent instead of purchasing a new one simply because of some normal wear and tear.
- Tents of high quality and reasonable price
- Excellent for hiking on a tight budget. Exceptional rain and wind protection The product is durable and long-lasting
- A repair service is available. Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product.
TheNorth Faceis a well-known outdoor company, but it isn’t as well-known for its tents, despite the fact that it probably should be. “To offer the greatest gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer, to promote the preservation of nature, and to inspire a worldwide movement of adventure,” reads their mission statement. The North Face provides high-quality gear that you can rely on, plus you can rest certain that your money is being used to support worthy causes as a result of your purchase.
Despite the fact that their selection of tents is relatively restricted, they are nonetheless rather impressive.
And they do a fantastic job at it.
Each of their tents is also equipped with innovative design elements such as two entrances, vestibules, a large amount of interior storage space, and other amenities.
- A lifetime manufacturer fault guarantee is included with this camping gear for extreme weather conditions. Durable and built to endure a lifetime
- Tents that are more economical than other tents Camping in a tent that is both practical and comfortable
- Only 1-4 person tents are available
- There are only a few different styles to pick from. There is no repair service
Black Diamond has created a reputation for itself by manufacturing some of the most advanced climbing equipment available on the market today. They also create the equipment that goes along with it, which includes some really cool tents. Their tents are specifically intended for hiking and alpine mountaineering, and they are quite durable. They are designed to be lightweight while still being able to withstand the most demanding situations. As a result, they are extraordinarily high-performing but also quite pricey at the same time.
The company doesn’t actually create family tents, and the largest one they make is approximately a 4-person tent.
- There are several designs to pick from. High-quality construction
- Excellent in inclement weather
- Excellent for trekking
- Designed specifically for mountain camping
- Not recommended for large families or huge tents. A touch on the pricey side
- The warranty is not the greatest
Nemo was a latecomer to the outdoor market, having only entered in 2002, when it was already overcrowded. But there wasn’t much that could stop them, and they rapidly earned a reputation for themselves by developing some of the most innovative lightest sleeping gear available on the market. Their tents are designed to be as light as possible while yet offering appropriate protection from the climate in which you find yourself. In fact, Nemo manufactures among of the lightest camping tents available anywhere in the world.
If you’re trying to keep your pack weight down by reducing the weight of your tent, keep in mind that in order to make their tents so light, they have to sacrifice some comfort.
All of Nemo’s tents come with a fantastic lifetime manufacturer fault guarantee, and if your tent suffers from normal wear and tear, you can bring it back to them for a long-lasting repair.
- Make tents that are exceedingly light
- Outstanding durability and quality
- A good selection for the majority of situations
- Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product. Provide an excellent repair service
Alps Mountaineering was created in 1993 and has been producing high-quality outdoor gear since its inception. A limited lifetime warranty is provided with every item they manufacture. Their product lines include clothes as well as camping equipment, backpacks, and tents. They are one of the greatest brands available if you’re seeking for reasonably priced, long-lasting tents that can be used for almost any event. Backpacking tents, family tents, vehicle camping tents, standard tents, cabin tents, and other types of tents are available in their collection.
Every tent is simple to set up and, depending on the season rating, provides great weather protection and thermal protection.
- Mountaineering company Alps Mountaineering was started in 1993 and has been producing high-quality outdoor gear from its beginning. A limited lifetime warranty is provided on every item they manufacture. Their product offerings include apparel as well as camping equipment, backpacks, and tents. They are one of the greatest brands available if you’re seeking for reasonably priced, long-lasting tents that can be used for just about everything. Backpacking tents, family tents, vehicle camping tents, regular tents, cabin tents, and other types of tents are available in their collection. Their capacities range from 1 to 7 people, so you should be able to locate the suitable tent for your requirements. Every tent is simple to set up and, depending on the season rating, provides great weather protection and heat. They would be the ones to choose if you had to choose just one brand for everything.
Clearly, as you can see from the review, each brand excels in some aspects while falling short in others. And, in order to choose which tent brand is best for you, you must first determine what type of tent you want. We are not suggesting that you must be loyal to a single brand for the rest of your life; that would be too restrictive. Your best strategy is to alternate between them depending on whatever tent you require at any given moment. There are a few questions you should ask yourself in order to determine which brand would best meet your individual tent requirements in each situation.
How Many Seasons Does It Need To Handle?
Those seeking for a 3- to 4-season tent have a wide range of options to choose from. All of them manufacture three-season tents that are excellent for keeping you cool in the summer and protecting you from wretched weather in the early spring or late fall, respectively. The use of a 4-season tent is required if you intend to go winter camping in conditions that include ice, snow, severe winds, and rain. To guarantee that you keep warm and safe in those stressful settings, it’s important to stick with the specialized brands in this situation.
How Are You Getting To Your Campsite?
Are you behind the wheel? Are you driving for an hour and then walking for an hour? Are you going on a hike? Is it your intention to hike for several days while switching up your campsites every night? The greater the distance you must trek to pitch your tent, the lighter your tent must be to accommodate you. If you’re driving to your campground or only trekking a short distance, you may save money by purchasing a tent from a less expensive brand such as Coleman or Alps Mountaineering, which are both good but hefty.
Believe me when I say that trekking with a heavy tent for days on end is pain, and you’ll be grateful that you paid a little more money to reduce the weight of your pack.
Alternatively, it’s time to splurge on high-end companies such as Nemo or Big Agnes, who are known for producing the best lightest tents available.
If you plan on doing a lot of hiking and camping, we highly recommend investing in high-quality gear. They pay for themselves a thousand times over by ensuring that you have a pleasant hiking experience on your trip.
How Big Do You Need Your Tent To Be?
The third question you need to address is how many people you want your tent to be able to accommodate comfortably in the first place. Despite the fact that tents are graded according to the number of people they can accommodate, these ratings are not valid. Putting four people in a four-person tent is typically not a pleasant experience, and you should always move up one level to guarantee that you can camp comfortably. So, if you’re searching for a 2 person tent, opt for a 3 person tent, and so on and so forth.
It’s best to go with Coleman and Alps Mountaineering when shopping for a large family tent since they will offer a variety of alternatives that will suit your needs and will be reasonably priced.
Our Favorite Tent Brands
The third question you need to answer is how many people you want your tent to be able to accommodate comfortably in its space. It is customary to rank tents according to the number of people they can accommodate, however these ratings are not reliable. Putting four people in a four-person tent is not always a pleasant experience, and you should always move up one level to guarantee that you can camp comfortably. So, if you’re searching for a 2 person tent, opt for a 3 person tent, and so on down the line.
It’s best to go with Coleman and Alps Mountaineering when shopping for a large family tent since they will offer a variety of alternatives that will fit your needs and will be reasonably priced.
The Best Outdoor Tents on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers
The whole family will have a good time. Photograph courtesy of H. Armstrong Roberts/ClassicStoc/Getty Images. If you’re equipped with the proper equipment, there’s nothing more fortifying than a vacation to the big outdoors. Having a malfunctioning flashlight or a leaking tent may rapidly transform a nice, relaxed vacation into a complete nightmare. And, while we’ve previously reviewed camping stoves, hammocks, and cots, we’ve discovered the greatest outdoor tents, as rated by the most enthusiastic Amazon reviewers.
“With the use of bright, complementing colors and a dome form, you too may become the envy of your temporary neighbors.” Performance-wise, it was brought to Michigan’s Electric Forest Festival by an EDM enthusiast while it was “very windy and raining buckets.
I examined the Guinness World Records website but couldn’t discover anything pertaining to pitching a tent in a short period of time, so I mailed my entry.
If I had paid hundreds of dollars for it, I would have given it four stars without hesitation.
This item “performs better than any 1-person tent I’ve ever leased or borrowed,” according to another reviewer, “and it seems like it should cost around $400.” Utilize the money you’ve saved to get a nicer sleeping bag or air core, as here is where the most comfort is found at night.” “By far the most straightforward aspect of the entire procedure was erecting the tent itself.
“It took me longer to figure out how to set up my sleep pad and inflate it.” Because it’s so simple, I performed it totally in the dark with a little flashlight.
The fact that this tent is simple to set up does not imply that it is unstable.
It is easy to set up and can also stand on hard ground without the need for tent stakes, which is why I chose it after a long day of riding,” explains one reviewer, who also describes the Teton as “a highly recommended tent at a reasonable price that saves a great deal of time and is extremely convenient.” Several reviews have stated that this two-person tent is both incredibly robust and relatively compact, making it an excellent choice for people looking to travel light.
- A proponent of the “real two person tent” notes that “if correctly put up, it can sleep two people on conventional sized mats, but that is all it is capable of.” (Alternatively, numerous reviewers have described it as a roomy one-person tent that they use for oneself).
- This type, on the other hand, is constructed of SILnylon, a lightweight and durable fabric that, according to the reviews, has greater stretch than traditional polyurethane-coated tents.
- One camper who spent a week in the Minnesota Northwoods claims that this tent “withstood up to 40 mph winds off the lake, and a heavy rain bombardment” during their stay.
- According to a reviewer who has taken the model on nine excursions, “the majority of which were backwoods primitive kayak camping outings,” the model is also lightweight enough to be transported in a kayak.
The size, weight, and waterproofing were the three characteristics I was seeking for in a tent, and this guy has exceeded my expectations in all three areas.” And it does it at a very affordable price.” According to a third reviewer, who used it to camp in 10 different parks over the course of 12 nights, the setup was “wicked easy,” and cleaning was “very straightforward.” Following usage, remove the outer shell, draw up the stakes, open the tent entrance, and shake the entire tent to remove any dirt.
- The tent poles will remain in place, maintaining their form, and you can simply turn the entire tent upside down.
- “I’m in love with this tent!” “I’ve used this tent on two separate backpacking excursions,” says a reviewer who is also an eager traveler.
- The tent did an excellent job of protecting us.
- The zippers performed well.
- Every stitch appeared to be flawless.
- Everything on the tub (the tent’s floor) was taped and sealed quite nicely.
- “My 8-year-olds are able to set it up.” In the words of one reviewer, “The tents are incredibly easy to put up and have enough of space.” Another adds, “The tents work well in the rain as well as with wind.” The aluminum poles are quite durable.
The footprint will be included, so you won’t have to purchase it separately.
Several customers have stated that this is “possibly the finest value I’ve ever gotten on Amazon.” “My partner and I went on a hiking trip through Zion National Park, and we wanted a lightweight tent that we could carry in our packs.
However, it completed the task while being far lighter than the competition’s tent.” Another reviewer took this tent on two hiking excursions and had no problems with it, despite the fact that the weather was terrible at the time.
“Even with that, there were no tears.” Furthermore, another reviewer claims that they have “used this in heavy rain in Hawaii, while camping in the Drakensberg, and on the beaches of Costa Rica.” If you’re looking for a low-cost option for lightweight backpacking, you may as well get this.
That means your tent will remain cool, and you will be able to sleep in past daylight.
“When you sleep in this tent, you have the impression that you have crossed into another realm.
” “If it is darkness within a tent that one desires in the morning, then this is the tent for you,” adds another critic.
“I’ve learnt to refrain from arguing.” The Mobihome tent, which is entirely waterproof, will keep you warm and dry if your camping vacation happens to coincide with inclement weather, according to its reviews.
When we got this tent set up, we went to sleep on the brink of a river only to have a dam suddenly open up, causing us to wake up on what was referred to as “a ‘waterbed.'” Do you want to know what’s the finest part?
However, it is an excellent solution for children and families that wish to stage a fictitious camping trip in their own backyard.
“It’s always been like this,” says one reviewer.
As a result, I searched and searched until I came across this tent.
Much more spacious, it is equipped with mosquito netting and zippers, and he may use it both in the backyard and in his room.
“This tent is intended for one person to use while backpacking or hiking in the wilderness.
The screened-in front porch section of this tent has received hundreds of positive reviews (but many have expressed concern that it would not remain dry during rainstorms).
When the bugs are bad, it’s great for sitting and keeping the zip closed,” writes one reviewer of the product.
When you’re ready to depart, you’ll be able to clean it considerably more quickly because of this.
Our electric pump, driven by my car outside, allowed us to really fill the mattress to capacity and then squeeze it through the doors completely inflated.
I did everything myself, from setting it up to taking it down.
It was large enough to accommodate me, my wife, and our five small children.” For the most part, parents appreciate it: “Being able to walk up to our campsite and know I’ve got everything I need (no poles to go missing!) and know that I can have shelter up with the bare minimum of swearing within a few minutes of arrival takes so much worry off of the vacation!” Our goal with the Strategisti is to surface the most valuable expert suggestions for items to buy throughout the huge e-commerce environment.
Some of our most recent acquisitions are the greatest women’s jeans, rolling luggage, side sleeper pillows, ultra-lattering pants, and bath towels, to name a few.
Every editorial product is separately picked. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, New York may receive a commission. According to Amazon reviewers, these are the best outdoor tents available.
The 9 Best Camping Tents Have You Covered For Any Outdoor Adventure
If you spend a lot of time outside, it’s easy to fall into the trap of amassing an excessive amount of equipment. There’s everything from the required recreational clothes to camping gear and family camping supplies to choose from. And make no mistake about it: it can add up quickly. For example, the two of us have a total of 12 tents between us. But you don’t have to have a garage full of enclosures to be prepared for anything the outdoors throws at you; if you invest in one of the finest camping tents, you can be ready for anything the outdoors throws at you without having to become a camping packrat.
- getty Which tent is, in reality, the most appropriate for your needs.
- Stringbean (Joseph McConaughy) owns the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail Fastest Known Time (FKT) records for the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail.
- Also agreeing with Derek Temple, a category merchant manager with REI, who offered some recommendations for finest four-season tents as well as the best tents for solitary camping.
- No matter where your travels take you—to the top of a 14er on your own or to a weekend in the wilderness with the whole family—we’ve compiled a list of nine of the finest camping tents to help you make the most of your time outdoors.
- The REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent is the best camping tent for most people. The Coleman Carlsbad 6P Dark Room Tent is the best camping tent for families. The Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Ultralight Tent is the best camping tent for solo adventurers. The REI Co-op Base Camp Tent is the best camping tent for car camping. The Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 is the best lightweight camping tent. The REI Co-op A
Best Camping Tent For Most People
We understand that there are a plethora of possibilities and that making a decision might be difficult. Consider the REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent to be a multi-purpose shelter. Its dome form is intended to be a solid and durable construction that also provides ample inside room for people to walk about freely. It also just weighs a little more than 16 pounds, which makes it a manageable lift for a tent that can accommodate up to four individuals (and can be used all four seasons). Even if you aren’t a frequent visitor to the great outdoors, it is straightforward to put up, so you won’t have to re-learn how to set up your tent every time you go.
Get a 25% discount in August 2021 |
Best Camping Tent For Families
In terms of camping with the family, size is important to take into consideration. McConaughy recommends that while planning a family camping vacation, “don’t be concerned about weight; instead, be concerned about durability.” And not from elements, but from children.” Because Steven has spent a couple dozen trips to the woods sleeping in this tent with his children, including a couple of nights when there were heavy rains, he can tell you from personal experience that the Coleman Carlsbad tent is a great choice for holding up against both children and Mother Nature.
In addition, it is jam-packed with innovative features that make camping with children less stressful.
This (possibly) allows the family to sleep in a little later after sunrise and may even allow you to put the kids to bed earlier than usual.
The windows may be opened to allow for additional circulation, and a loop at the top of the dome can be used to hang a lamp or fan.
Two side pockets are provided for storing phones, flashlights, toiletries, and other small items. Furthermore, despite the fact that the tent is enormous on the inside, it can be set up in under 10 minutes if you’ve done it a few times.
Best Camping Tent For Solo Adventurers
When folded, this tent weighs only two pounds and measures five and a half inches by seventeen and a half inches, making it small enough to slip inside or strap onto any backpack of reasonable size. The footprint is large enough to comfortably fit you, a dog (or even two smaller ones), and your sleeping bag, while yet being tall enough to allow even a larger camper to sit completely upright for comfort while sleeping. Not having enough floor room for your suitcase is not a concern since there is a 3D bin at the foot that allows for elevated storage of your belongings (there are also oversized media and ceiling pockets, as well as internal hang points).
We particularly appreciate the fact that the side door can be raised up with a pair of trekking poles to create an awning, providing a little amount of additional covered room.
Best Camping Tent For Car Camping
As described by Temple, the Base Camp is a “strong all-around camping tent that’s easy to put up with a stable construction.” According to Temple, the Base Camp is a favorite among customers and staff at REI. The manufacturer says that “it also comes with a complete rain fly, which will keep you cozy and comfy when the weather turns unpredictable.” At over 21 pounds, it is clearly on the heavy side, but that is in line with McConaughy’s advise, who notes that for vehicle camping, when you may arrive late at night—and maybe even in the rain—you want a tent that is easy to set up and that is resistant to rain.
And don’t be concerned about using a larger tent because weight isn’t a consideration here.” When camping with a big company, the broad mouth is a great feature since it eliminates the need to crawl over (and risk waking up) tent mates when making late-night potty excursions.
REI Coupons |
Best Lightweight Camping Tent
Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 Shelter
Before you attempt to pitch this tent in the wilderness, you should practice setting it up at least a half-dozen times in the comfort of your own yard or living room. This is because there is a distinct learning curve to Hyperlite Mountain Gear tents. However, the greater complexity of setup results in such a decrease in gear weight that, if you’re trekking on a multi-day expedition or climbing a mountain, the work and the additional cost are well worth it. The weight of this tent is just less than 19 ounces, making it lighter than most water bottles, yet it is capable of keeping you warm, dry, and safe even in the most extreme Alpine circumstances.
are certainly more complex to set up” than other types of tents.
Best Camping Tent For All Seasons
If you’re looking for a tent that will keep you secure and comfortable all year long, the REI Co-op Arete ASL 2 Tent is a great option. In other words, it’s the tent version of a triple-threat: Rugged enough to withstand anything the elements throw at it, spacious enough to comfortably accommodate two people, and lightweight enough to be portable (it weighs slightly more than six pounds).
The four-pole design provides more structural stability, while a large vestibule provides ample storage space for all of your belongings and equipment. And, thanks to Dead End pole sleeves and color labeling, setup is quick and simple, which is especially beneficial when it’s raining or snowing.
Best Camping Tent For Backpacking
When weight is not a consideration, conventional camping wisdom suggests that a larger tent should always be chosen. A three-person tent can comfortably accommodate two campers, a four-person tent can accommodate three campers, and so on. When walking overland, though, you must strike a balance between the weight of your gear and the comfort of your sleeping bag at night. Furthermore, if two people will be sharing a tent at night, two individuals can divide the weight of the tent gear on the path by dividing the tent’s hardware in half.
According to McConaughy, this places it exactly at the sweet spot.
Dual entrances and vestibules make it simple to get in and out of the tent, and some additional gear storage space helps to keep the interior of the tent dry.
Best Camping Tent For Four People
Whether you’re looking for a four-person tent for a camping trip with friends, family, or a pack of dogs, one of the most crucial considerations to make is the amount of room available. In fact, the North Face Sequoia 4 is spacious enough that most people can stand comfortably within it, allowing for enough of room for the crew and their various pieces of equipment. As an added bonus, the vestibule is spacious enough for you to set up camp chairs, which makes it an ideal area for enjoying a cup of coffee or reading without disturbing your tent mates if you’re the first one to wake up in the morning.
Best Low Cost Camping Tent
A camping tent that comes to mind when you shut your eyes is probably something like the Coleman Sundome, which is now one of the most popular tents available for purchase. And the reason behind this isn’t difficult to figure out. When it comes to casual camping, this tent is a good choice since it is easy to set up, can withstand mild rain and wind, and is available in a variety of sizes to accommodate two, three, four, and six people. And, of course, the extremely low price tag completes the package.
The Best Tent Brands on the Market in 2022
Although there are a plethora of tent types available on the market, comparing the best-camping tent manufacturers is made much easier by taking the following variables into consideration: campers, campsite, and weather conditions. Depending on the materials used, such as textiles or poles, tents can be very different. Campers nearly always favor a tent with a basic pole design and a quick and straightforward set-up process. These tents are simple to set up, using just one or two tent poles, and will save you a significant amount of time in the long run.
Tent canopy materials are either lightweight (in the case of 3-season tents) or hefty and insulated (as in the case of 4-season tents) depending on their intended use.
Aspects of some of the greatest tent brands are more successful in one specific use while exhibiting some degree of trade-off in another application.
Aside from that, camping grounds are essential.
Large groups of campers that bring a lot of camping equipment or other outdoor gear will require plenty of storage space, and taller campers will want enough of headroom and floor space to accommodate their longer sleeping bags and other belongings.
Inherently, snow-covered campgrounds provide far more difficulties than regular campsites.
Coleman tents are the most popular choice for first-time campers.
Although Coleman tents can withstand a battering, the aluminum poles used in most models are less prone to breaking, making them perfect for mishaps that are typical among first-time campers.
Large parties of campers will discover that The North Face’s family tent models provide ample space while strangely not sacrificing too much in terms of weight.
High winds and inclement weather aren’t going to automatically ruin camping outings for campers who have a tent from The North Face in their possession.
Some campers begin their camping experience in Coleman Tents and do not go out to try anything else.
Finally, the most essential thing to remember is that there is almost certainly a tent out there that will give you with adequate shelter on your next camping excursion.
Now that you know what factors to consider when comparing tent manufacturers, you can go out and try to determine which brands you believe to be the finest tent manufacturers.