Best Tent Brands in 2022 ⋆ Expert World Travel
The most recent update was made on January 17, 2022. When it comes to shopping for a tent, it might be overwhelming. Given the large number of various types and brands available, it can be difficult to determine which ones will be the most appropriate for your needs and will be worth the money you spend on them. Making the wrong choice can result in the possession of a leaky chilly tent with no storage choices, which is inadequately sized and which blows over at the first hint of a wind, among other things.
By selecting the most appropriate tent brands for your requirements.
Some companies are specialized to the production of backpacking tents, while others are focused on the production of family tents or standard camping tents.
You can choose which tent brand to use based on the type of tent you want since we’ve compiled a list of the top tent brands available and explained all of their strengths and shortcomings in the following section.
Best Tent Brands
Marmot was established in 1979 and has a long history of producing high-quality outdoor gear. It all started when a group of college friends decided to start creating outdoor apparel in their dorm room, and it has since grown into a globally recognized outdoor firm. Marmot tents are built to a very high standard while being reasonably priced for the quality that they provide. They are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 1 to 8 people and include family tents, lightweight tents, and tents that will keep you warm even in the coldest of climates.
Their bigger tents are few and few between, and they are more suited to expeditions than to family camping.
They employ PFC-free waterproofing and make every effort to use repurposed materials into the construction of their tents.
- Tents of high quality but at a reasonable price
- Warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Make use of waterproofing that is free of PFCs
- Try to use recycled materials if possible. Excellent for a wide range of camping requirements
- Excellent for use with four-season tents.
Mountain Safety Research (MSR) is an acronym that stands for Mountain Safety Research, and you can only imagine the level of attention to detail that goes into their tents. The Mountain Safety Research company was started in 1969, so they have a lot of experience in the outdoor gear industry. However, it wasn’t until they combined with Edgeworks, a leading tent manufacturer, that they were able to begin manufacturing tents. It is their mission statement that “better, safer, more dependable equipment is the key to unlocking larger experiences,” and they are not entirely incorrect.
Their tents are among the most durable that can be found on the market.
In one of their four-season tents, you won’t be chilly in the winter and you won’t be overheated in the summer.
When you include an MSR tent in the equation, you can go on any trip you choose.
Despite the fact that they are quite costly, you definitely get what you pay for. A three-year manufacturer’s fault guarantee is included, and they also provide a repair service, so you’ll likely have a tent for the rest of your days.
- Extremely light ultralight tents that are ideal for use in extreme weather situations. Ideal for trekking and other outdoor pursuits. Excellent temperature regulation throughout the year
- Limited guarantee of three years
- Repair service
Coleman is a name that everyone has heard of, and if you haven’t, it’s about time you did. They are a family favorite among tent manufacturers, and they create everything from coolers to camping chairs and everything in between. The Coleman family firm, which was established in 1900, has been manufacturing outdoor gear for more than a century. They take great delight in producing high-quality, reasonably priced tents that everyone can enjoy. In fact, Coleman manufactures the vast majority of the best-selling tents on Amazon, which speaks much about the brand’s reputation and level of consumer devotion.
Whatever type of camping trip you’re planning, whether it’s for a festival with some buddies or a family vacation in the Rockies, Coleman offers a tent that you can count on to keep your belongings safe and secure.
Each tent also comes with a limited guarantee against manufacturing faults, albeit the terms of the warranties differ from one tent to the next.
- High-quality at an affordable price
- Excellent for family-size tents
- Suitable for regular camping tents
- Attractive patterns
- Excellent weather resistance
- Generally speaking, it is not the ideal choice for four-season tents or hiking.
While camping in the outdoors, you can be certain that Big Agneshas your back with a statement like “life is too short to utilize shoddy camping gear.” Their equipment is meant to be the best available, and while it is somewhat pricey, the quality you receive is well worth the investment. They specialize in the production of ultralight trekking tents that are also capable of withstanding some of the roughest situations on the globe. They manage to do all of this without sacrificing valuable floor area.
Several of their ultralight tents include unique features such as double entrances, double vestibules, and practically vertical walls, which distinguishes them from the rest of the competitors.
Because they have tents that are suitable for 1-8 people, you should be able to choose one that meets your requirements.
- Make a repair service available
- The tents are of the greatest possible quality. Tents that are lightest in weight are their specialty. Excellent in making the most of available space
- Excellent at dealing with adverse weather
- Include a guarantee against product defects.
Kelty has been in the outdoor business since 1952, when they first began manufacturing backpacks. Over the years, they have expanded their product line to include tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear. Their tents do not provide the same level of performance as brands such as Big Agnes or MSR, but they are significantly less expensive. If you’re looking for a backpacking tent that won’t set you back a fortune, Kelty is the brand to choose. Their tents may be a little heavier and not designed for the summit of Everest, but they are well-made, durable, and excellent at withstanding wind and rain, which, to be honest, is all that the majority of us require for most of our camping trips.
Camping tents come in a variety of sizes that accommodate 1-6 people and are equipped with a variety of amazing features to ensure that you have the best possible experience while camping.
In addition to a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects, Kelty also provides a repair service so that you can continue to use your tent instead of purchasing a new one simply because of some normal wear and tear.
- Tents of high quality and reasonable price
- Excellent for hiking on a tight budget. Exceptional rain and wind protection The product is durable and long-lasting
- A repair service is available. Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product.
TheNorth Faceis a well-known outdoor company, but it isn’t as well-known for its tents, despite the fact that it probably should be. “To offer the greatest gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer, to promote the preservation of nature, and to inspire a worldwide movement of adventure,” reads their mission statement. The North Face provides high-quality gear that you can rely on, plus you can rest certain that your money is being used to support worthy causes as a result of your purchase.
Despite the fact that their selection of tents is relatively restricted, they are nonetheless rather impressive.
And they do a fantastic job at it.
Each of their tents is also equipped with innovative design features such as two doors, vestibules, a large amount of internal storage space, and other amenities.
- A lifetime manufacturer fault guarantee is included with this camping gear for extreme weather conditions. Durable and built to endure a lifetime
- Tents that are more economical than other tents Camping in a tent that is both practical and comfortable
- Only 1-4 person tents are available
- There are only a few different styles to pick from. There is no repair service
Black Diamond has created a reputation for itself by manufacturing some of the most advanced climbing equipment available on the market today. They also create the equipment that goes along with it, which includes some really cool tents. Their tents are specifically intended for hiking and alpine mountaineering, and they are quite durable. They are designed to be lightweight while still being able to withstand the most demanding situations. As a result, they are extraordinarily high-performing but also quite pricey at the same time.
The company doesn’t actually create family tents, and the largest one they make is approximately a 4-person tent.
- There are several designs to pick from. High-quality construction
- Excellent in inclement weather
- Excellent for trekking
- Designed specifically for mountain camping
- Not recommended for large families or huge tents. A touch on the pricey side
- The warranty is not the greatest
Nemo was a latecomer to the outdoor market, having only entered in 2002, when it was already overcrowded. But there wasn’t much that could stop them, and they rapidly earned a reputation for themselves by developing some of the most innovative lightest sleeping gear available on the market. Their tents are designed to be as light as possible while yet offering appropriate protection from the climate in which you find yourself. In fact, Nemo manufactures among of the lightest camping tents available anywhere in the world.
If you’re trying to keep your pack weight down by reducing the weight of your tent, keep in mind that in order to make their tents so light, they have to sacrifice some comfort.
All of Nemo’s tents come with a fantastic lifetime manufacturer fault guarantee, and if your tent suffers from normal wear and tear, you can bring it back to them for a long-lasting repair.
- Make tents that are exceedingly light
- Outstanding durability and quality
- A good selection for the majority of situations
- Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product. Provide an excellent repair service
Alps Mountaineering was created in 1993 and has been producing high-quality outdoor gear since its inception. A limited lifetime warranty is provided with every item they manufacture. Their product lines include clothes as well as camping equipment, backpacks, and tents. They are one of the greatest brands available if you’re seeking for reasonably priced, long-lasting tents that can be used for almost any event. Backpacking tents, family tents, vehicle camping tents, standard tents, cabin tents, and other types of tents are available in their collection.
Every tent is simple to set up and, depending on the season rating, provides great weather protection and thermal protection.
- Excellent mid-range tents that are both durable and long-lasting. Affordably priced
- Lifetime warranty
- Available in a range of sizes/designs
Clearly, as you can see from the review, each brand excels in some aspects while falling short in others. And, in order to determine which tent brand is best for you, you must first determine what type of tent you want. We are not suggesting that you must be loyal to a single brand for the rest of your life; that would be too restrictive. Your best bet is to alternate between them depending on which tent you require at any given moment. There are a few questions you should ask yourself in order to determine which brand would best meet your individual tent requirements in each situation.
How Many Seasons Does It Need To Handle?
Those seeking for a 3- to 4-season tent have a wide range of options to choose from. All of them manufacture three-season tents that are excellent for keeping you cool in the summer and protecting you from wretched weather in the early spring or late fall, respectively. The use of a 4-season tent is required if you intend to go winter camping in conditions that include ice, snow, severe winds, and rain. To guarantee that you keep warm and safe in those stressful settings, it’s important to stick with the specialized brands in this situation.
How Are You Getting To Your Campsite?
Are you behind the wheel? Are you driving for an hour and then walking for an hour? Are you going on a hike? Is it your intention to hike for several days while switching up your campsites every night? The greater the distance you must trek to pitch your tent, the lighter your tent must be to accommodate you. If you’re driving to your campground or only trekking a short distance, you may save money by purchasing a tent from a less expensive brand such as Coleman or Alps Mountaineering, which are both good but hefty.
Believe me when I say that trekking with a heavy tent for days on end is pain, and you’ll be grateful that you paid a little more money to reduce the weight of your pack.
Alternatively, it’s time to splurge on high-end companies such as Nemo or Big Agnes, who are known for producing the best lightest tents available.
If you plan on doing a lot of hiking and camping, we highly recommend investing in high-quality gear. They pay for themselves a thousand times over by ensuring that you have a pleasant hiking experience on your trip.
How Big Do You Need Your Tent To Be?
The third question you need to address is how many people you want your tent to be able to accommodate comfortably in the first place. Despite the fact that tents are graded according to the number of people they can accommodate, these ratings are not valid. Putting four people in a four-person tent is typically not a pleasant experience, and you should always move up one level to guarantee that you can camp comfortably. So, if you’re searching for a 2 person tent, opt for a 3 person tent, and so on and so forth.
It’s best to go with Coleman and Alps Mountaineering when shopping for a large family tent since they will offer a variety of alternatives that will suit your needs and will be reasonably priced.
Our Favorite Tent Brands
In the event that you’re hunting for a single tent brand that can do it all,Alps Mountaineering is the one for you. They provide high-quality and reasonably priced tents for a variety of uses, including hiking, auto camping, and family camping. In situations when performance and warmth in harsh weather are your top priorities, we recommend taking a look at Black Diamond, Big Agnes, and MSR. Each of these tent companies specializes in lightweight tents that are built to withstand the rigors of alpine weather.
If you’re searching for high-quality performance at an affordable price, Marmot and Kelty are the options for you.
Obviously, if you want to go camping with your family and have a good time, Coleman is the brand to go with.
The 5 Best Tent Brands of 2022
Brands of Tents to Consider Because there are so many different tents to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one to purchase. A tent’s size, weight, construction, quality, and price are all different from one another. In order to make an informed purchasing decision, it is critical to analyze your requirements. In order to make things a little easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tent brands in the world. The tent brands mentioned in this article surpass the competition because they use cutting-edge materials and have a wealth of expertise in the field of temporary shelters.
In addition to tents, the companies mentioned below manufacture high-quality sleeping items such as bivy sacks, tarps, and sleeping bags as well.
Furthermore, the section on tents in this guide will evaluate different types of tents (such as single-wall and double-wall) and explain how to select the most appropriate tent for your needs.
Best Tent Brands:
- Big Agnes, MSR, Black Diamond, Kelty, and Nemo Equipment are among the brands represented.
The Copper Spur Tent at Big Agnes is a great place to stay in the summer.
Founded:2000 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded in 2000 with the goal of creating the greatest outdoor gear possible, Big Agnes has become a household name. Despite fierce competition, they were able to break into the oversaturated outdoor industry by manufacturing high-quality outdoor gear. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for men, women, and children.
- The firm creates hiking, climbing, and camping tents that have two things in common: they are high-quality and light-weight in comparison to their competitors.
- Big Agnes also provides a wide range of accessories to go with their temporary shelters.
- In terms of size, the former comes in two and three-person versions, while the latter is available in both four and six-person configurations.
- Amazon has Big Agnes Tents on sale – click here.
- Mutha Hubba Tent (Mutha Hubba Tent)
Founded:1969 Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States Tents of several types are available. Despite the fact that MSR (Mountain Safety Research) was founded in 1969, it was only in 2000 that they began manufacturing tents after merging with a firm named Edgeworks. Edgeworks was a maker of high-quality tents that were later rebranded as MSR tents after being acquired by MSR. The MSR firm was bought by Cascade Designs in 2001. Cascade Designs is a corporation that owns numerous well-known outdoor products, including Therm-a-Rest and Platypus.
MSR also provides high-quality camping stoves, water filters, and snowshoes, among other items of equipment.
They have a capacity of one to eight people and are extremely versatile in design.
In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we included MSR tents as a recommended option.
Founded:1989 Utah is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Black Diamond is particularly well-known for producing high-quality climbing equipment. They do, however, manufacture high-quality outdoor gear, accessories, and shelters as well. Designed for mountaineering and trekking in challenging environments, their tents are generally used for these activities. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the majority of Black Diamond tents are single-wall tents, which are ideal for winter weather.
- Black Diamond tents are extremely light and durable, allowing them to survive the harsh weather conditions found in the highlands.
- For those searching for a large camping tent, however, Black Diamond is definitely not the best choice because the largest tent they provide can only seat three people.
- In our studies of the Best Backpacking Tents and the Best Bivy Sacks, we offered Black Diamond shelters as an option.
- The Kelty Discovery Tent is available from Black Diamond Tents, which is located at Black Diamond.
Founded:1952 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Kelty began manufacturing backpacks in 1952, but since then, the company has expanded its product range to include sleeping bags, sleeping mats, tents, and various forms of shelter, among other things. Kelty tents are the best choice for camping and backpacking trips because of their lightweight design. Their price is often less expensive than the tents from the above-mentioned companies, but they are also heavier and less appropriate for use in adverse weather conditions.
Kelty also provides a wide range of accessories for its tents, including footprints, pegs, and vestibules, among others.
The Kelty Salida two-person tent and the Kelty Discovery four-person tent are two of the brand’s most popular tents, respectively.
The NEMO Wagontop Tent is available for purchase on Amazon – The NEMO Wagontop Tent is also available for purchase at Kelty.
Founded:2002 Headquarters are in New Hampshire, United States. Tents of several types are available. Nemo Equipment is similar to Big Agnes in that it is a relatively young firm that has successfully conquered the crowded outdoor market by manufacturing high-quality equipment. Because the firm is solely dedicated to the manufacture of sleeping equipment, it should come as no surprise that their tents are of the finest quality. Nemo manufactures hiking, climbing, and camping tents that are lightweight and extremely durable.
- Because Nemo tents use cutting-edge technology, the company has received several design and innovation honors.
- In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we considered items from the Nemo brand.
- To give it a star, simply click on it.
- The overall rating is 3.7 out of 5.
- One last thing before I go.
BlazOutdoor enthusiast with extensive expertise in a variety of hiking and mountaineering activities of all kinds. I’ve hiked in the Alps, Iceland, and a few other places. Via ferrata routes and snow-covered hills have captured my heart. Take a look at myhikes.
What Are The Best Tent Brands?
Let’s face it, there are a plethora of tent manufacturers to choose from. It can also be overwhelming to attempt to figure out which ones are the most effective. Finding a tent is difficult enough without taking into consideration the brand. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all of the options, bells and whistles, and even color schemes. This is known as “analysis paralysis.” To make the process a little bit easier, I recommend starting by selecting a reputable tent brand to work with. Is it a respectable organization?
Once you’ve identified your favorite brand, selecting a tent becomes considerably simpler.
While we’re at it, we’ll also share some of our favorite tents from these brands with you.
The Best Tent Brands
Here are our recommendations for the best tent manufacturers:
- Coleman (Best Budget Tents)
- REI Co-op (Best Overall Tents)
- MSR Gear (Best Backpacking Tents)
- Core Equipment (Best Family Tents)
- ALPS Mountaineering (Best Lightweight Tents)
- SpringBar (Best Canvas Tents)
- White Duck Outdoors (Best Glamping, Sustainability, and Longevity Tents)
- And Core Equipment (Best Family
Coleman is the winner of our award for the best budget tent brand. Coleman has established itself as a legendary camping brand, and for good cause, since the company began manufacturing in 1900. Coleman is sometimes lambasted on the internet for being offered in large box retailers like as Bass Pro Shops and Target, but I do not view it that way. In actuality, these businesses go to great lengths to choose only the highest-quality tent brands, so the fact that they carry Coleman is a plus in my opinion.
My personal favorite is the 6-person DarkRoom dome tent, which can accommodate up to six people.
It also includes a substantial rainfly and a substantial ceiling.
It also has a large screen area and is reasonably priced, which are two factors that led me to choose this Coleman tent.
- A large selection of tents to meet the needs of campers of all ages and abilities
- WeatherTec, DarkRoom, and FastPitch are examples of cutting-edge technology that gives fresh life to traditional designs. Exceptional customer service — a trusted brand since its inception in 1900
- Designed to be affordable for any camper or family while still displaying expert craftsmanship
- The majority of tents are equipped with conveniences such as power outlets, ventilation flaps, and storage pockets.
- There aren’t many alternatives for lightweight travelers or tents for harsh weather, however there are several excellent ones
People seeking for an all-around superb tent brand that is also reasonably priced might consider this option. Coleman Tents are available on Amazon. Coleman Tents are available at Walmart.
If you are seeking for the ideal combination of cost and durability, then look no further than REI Co-op Tents. Every type of tent, from little 2 person tents to enormous family tents like theREI Co-op Kingdom 6 Tent, can be found at REI Co-op, and at a reasonably low price as well. Tents from REI Co-op are generally manufactured for three seasons of use and are built to last for years. As a result, we have a large selection of REI Co-op tents, which are often considered to be the best in their class.
- A large selection of tents to accommodate groups of varying sizes
- Made for outdoor enthusiasts by outdoor enthusiasts
- Since 1938, we have provided unsurpassed customer service. The outdoor community benefits from 70% of REI’s revenues, which are distributed as dividends to members.
- Certain reductions may only be obtained by becoming a member of the Co-op. Footprints are occasionally available for purchase individually.
Tents from REI Co-op are available at REIREI Co-op Tents on eBay.
After that, I have to highlight this particular canvas tent manufacturer. Canvas tents are one of my favorite types of tents because of their longevity, breathability, and beautiful looks. Be warned: canvas tents are considerably different from synthetic tents in terms of appearance. Despite the fact that they need a somewhat higher degree of care, they deliver a substantially higher level of experience (kind of like a cast-iron pan). The primary difference between SpringBar tents and conventional nylon tents is, of course, the material used to construct them.
While at the same time, this canvas tent is fantastic for the winter since it retains heat and is thick enough so that it does not collapse under the weight of snow.
The only difference between SpringBar’s tent options is their size. I recommend the SpringBar 6-person tent because if you’re going to invest in a canvas tent that you’ll use for years, you’ll want one that’s large enough to accommodate the entire group of people. Pros:
- Because of the breathable and insulating canvas material, you will stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Allows you to utilize a wood-burning stove inside your tent (which is not suggested for nylon tents)
- Wind, hard weather, and heavy snowfall are all protected from high winds and heavy snowfall by heavyweight duck canvas
- Because of the cabin-style architecture (with straight walls), there is plenty of space, and the large center heights allow everyone to roam around comfortably within
- In addition, SpringBar provides a lifetime warranty to ensure that you are protected against harm.
- Despite the fact that these tents will survive for decades, the initial expenditure is more than with conventional tents. Canvas tents are significantly heavier than nylon tents and should not be used for backpacking
- Nonetheless, they are suitable for camping.
Best suited for: vehicle camping families that want to invest in an all-season camping tent that they can give down to their children in the future. SpringBar Tents are available on Amazon.
Mountain Safety Research, popularly known as MSR, has been manufacturing high-quality camping equipment since 1969. MSR is a company that specializes in ultralight camping tents. In order to accomplish this, they have acquired additional tent brands such as Moss, Walrus, and Armadillo. This allows them to utilise the technology of other manufacturers to improve the quality of their own tents. MSR recently celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, but don’t be fooled into thinking that you can’t “teach an old dog new tricks.” MSR is well-known for their lightweight tent types, as previously stated.
The Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent from MSR is our personal favorite.
- MSR gear is very high-quality as a result of its 50-year history. As part of their Global Health activities, they are heavily active in charitable endeavors, making the world a better place while simultaneously producing outstanding gear. Ultralight tents that are so small and light that they may be carried in a backpack without causing any problems
- In comparison to ordinary coatings, Xtreme Shield Waterproofing has a three-fold longer lifespan. MSR’s Syclone Poles, which are constructed of cutting-edge aerospace composite materials, are virtually difficult to shatter in the wind.
- It is not reasonably priced for starters. Large alternatives (for groups of six or more persons) are restricted
Best suited for: experienced backpackers looking for a lightweight tent with high-end features and minimal weight. Tents from MSR Gear are available on Amazon. MSR Gear Tents are available at REI.
An unlikely group of friends recently abandoned their jobs at well-known outdoor brands to pursue their dream of doing more for the camping community. As a result, Core Equipment came into being. Today, their small team of camping aficionados designs and manufactures high-quality gear that is affordable for everyone. Core’s tents are available in a variety of styles, but its specialty is huge, cabin-style tents for families with children. You should consider Core if you’ll be camping with a group of six or more people.
- Of course, when tent makers claim that a tent can accommodate six people, they are referring about six individuals sleeping within inches of one another.
- As a result, if you’re camping with ten people, you’ll need a 12-person tent.
- An cheap tent with plenty of space that stands up in minutes, this model is a great value.
- Affordably priced, but with a lengthy lifespan
- There are several alternatives, including size, color, immediate vs. classic, screen room vs. porch. All tents have excellent ventilation due to the large number of doors, windows, and vents
- Most tents are equipped with a socket for electrical cables, which is ideal for charging your children’s electronic gadgets. The majority of the tents are huge, however they have been improved for reduced weight and faster setup
- When it comes to extreme weather, weather protection is ineffective. Because the floors are not particularly substantial, I propose putting down a tarp below them.
Best suited for: families that do not want significant weather protection but who require a large amount of room at a reasonable price. Core Tents are available on Amazon. Core Tents are available at Walmart.
ALPS Mountaineering was founded by Dennis Brune, a former Kelty Outdoors executive who left the company in 1993. Dennis quit Kelty’s outdoors gear after 14 years of service to devote his time to other camping endeavors. Brune’s goal statement is to manufacture “luxury outdoor items whose performance exceeds the expectations of their respective price ranges,” according to the company. They’ve done an excellent job, in our opinion, in reaching their objective. ALPS’s trademark is a freestanding, aluminum two-pole design that is unique to them.
ALPS uses this construction in all of their tents, from their 1-person model all the way up to their 6-person model, ensuring that they have a freestanding tent to accommodate camping parties of all sizes.
Among the tents offered by ALPS Mountaineering, we recommend the two-person Lynx model as the best of the bunch. Pros:
- The straightforward design makes it simple to transport and much simpler to assemble. Two-pole structure provides a robust frame without the need to haul about heavy poles
- It is also lightweight. Despite their modest stature, many ALPS tents have a large vestibule for storing belongings. The lifetime guarantee provides you with unrivaled assistance, ensuring that this tent will survive for years to come. Exceptionally strong8 zippers and factory-sealed seams keep the rain out like a champ
- There are no tents available in super-large configurations — the largest tent can accommodate up to 6 people.
Backpackers who want to conserve weight but don’t necessarily want to spend a lot of money on MSR’s premium waterproof tents are the best candidates for these tents. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available on Amazon. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available at REI.
White Duck Outdoors
White Duck Outdoors manufactures high-quality canvas tents that are built to last a lifetime. In order to be environmentally friendly, White Duck’s tents are made using patented DYNADUCK fabric, which is made entirely of double-fill army duck cotton canvas. Because of the PFC-free, firewater repellent and moldUV resistant coating on their tent fabric, it is the most comfortable and durable tent fabric available on the market today, according to the company. White Duck tents are available in a variety of forms and sizes, including bell tents, wall tents, and cabin tents, among other options.
- Every tent is equipped with poles, angle kits, a frame, and a toolbox. When applicable, tents are provided with a stove jack as well as windows and insect netting to keep out the elements. DYNADUCK canvas tent fabric outperforms other tent materials in terms of durability and water resistance. Providing it is properly maintained, this tent will last a lifetime. Sustainable manufacturing processes and materials are extremely beneficial to the environment
- Canvas tents demand more care, and White Duck tents are more expensive than other types of tents.
Most suitable for: glamping and those searching for a tent that is incredibly robust and will last them a lifetime. Whiteduck Tents may be purchased directly from the manufacturer.
What To Look For
We’ll speak about what to look for when choosing a tent brand now that we’ve given you the greatest tent brands to choose from. As you are probably aware, different camping tent brands offer a variety of advantages and disadvantages. Every camper, in the same way, has individual desires and requirements. There is no such thing as a single “best tent brand.” Consequently, the purpose of this part is to assist you in identifying the “best tent brand” that best suits your needs.
Style (Backpacking vs. Car Camping)
The first thing you need to consider is what kind of camper you want to be. You’ve got a family of six and you’re looking for a tent to go with your minivan. If this is the case, you are a vehicle camper. Are you a lone explorer with an aim of trekking the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you’re a traveler, you’ll need a lightweight hiking tent to keep you comfortable. You can better examine your tent alternatives once you’ve determined which form of camping is best for you. You can then eliminate the tents that aren’t a good fit for you.
There is no need for a hiker to try to squeeze eight people inside their tent if doing so will result in him or her lugging an additional 20 pounds on his or her back.
If a tent is too tiny, even the most weather-resistant one is worthless if it means that little Timmy has to sleep outside.
Also, keep in mind that if you drive a pick-up truck, there are tents for your truck bed that may be more appropriate for your needs.
Now that you’ve decided on your camping style, you can decide on the size you desire.
This will make it much easier for you to limit down your options. Many lightweight companies (like as MSR) do not provide a vast selection of alternatives. Instead, seek for tent brands that are geared toward families, such as Core Equipment or Coleman.
It is now time to dive into the specifics of your purchase. You have chosen your style and your size. You’ll be able to narrow down your search much more rapidly if you know where (and when) you’re going to camp. Campers who are willing to suffer the winter months and sleep outside in the cold can check at companies such as MSR or SpringBar, among others. Their four-season tents are designed to provide excellent snow protection. If you’re going camping in a hot and humid location, you should consider purchasing a three-season tent.
Last but not least, even if you get a waterproof tent, you can never be too cautious.
At this stage, you’re probably just considering a number of different tent manufacturers. Once you have determined the specifications of the tents, it is time to check whether you can discover one that is suitable for you. Here are some of the specifics to take into consideration.
- What materials are used to construct tent poles? The strength of aluminum poles is greater than that of carbon composite or fiberglass poles, but they are more costly and heavier. canvas (tent fabric) is significantly heavier than nylon, but it is significantly stronger and more breathable
- Its size, whether it is integrated, and whether or not it includes a rainfly are all important considerations. Whether it is an immediate tent, whether or not it has electricity ports, a vestibule, a gear loft, or additional doors are all important considerations.
The above-mentioned criteria are more or less a matter of personal choice. Choose the factors that are most important to you, and then choose a tent that includes everything you require.
When utilizing any type of outdoor equipment, it’s critical to assess the quality of the gear’s construction before using it. These goods must be able to survive extreme weather conditions, unlike office equipment such as desks, chairs and computers. They should also be able to tolerate high temperatures such as rain and snow. Unfortunately, judging the quality of a product’s construction is difficult, especially when you’re looking at it on the internet. The greatest method to ensure that you’re purchasing from a reliable tent brand is to read customer reviews online before making your purchase.
Value For Money
Last but not least, there’s the subject that everyone loves to talk about: money. When it comes to purchasing a tent, you don’t want to spend too much money, but you also don’t want to get something that will fall apart the first time you use it. I made an effort to choose just the brands that were deserving of your consideration for this post. That implies that the low-cost tents will not collapse under strain, and the high-end tents will be well worth the money spent on them (if you make it).
I am certain that you will be delighted with our recommendations, regardless of whatever tent brand you ultimately choose.
To summarize, Coleman is our top choice for the best tent brand on the market. Coleman provides a tent to fit any need, regardless of size, style, or season. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a good chance that a Coleman tent will meet your needs. Coleman may not be able to provide ultralight tents that weigh less than 3 lbs, or super-winter tents that can withstand winds of up to 200 mph. Nonetheless, these tents are wonderful for your standard, everyday camping trip, and they are well worth the investment.
For example, when it comes to portable backpacking tents, MSR completely outperforms Coleman.
I propose the Coleman DarkRoom tent as a starting point for your adventure. This tent, which is available in both 4-person and 6-person configurations, is a low-cost choice that is simple to set up, keeps you cool at night, and won’t break the budget.
The 10 Best Tent Brands in 2021
Sleeping beneath the stars may seem appealing in principle, but it is not a realistic option in practice. That’s why the tent is one of the most talked-about, inspected, and challenging purchases you’ll make when it comes to camping gear. It’s also one of the most expensive. The purpose of this article is to provide you with some strong groundwork for your tent-buying endeavors. If you’re in the market for a camping tent, these are the top brands and manufactures to consider as your starting point.
- It was founded in 1993 with the goal of manufacturing sturdy and lightweight tents for hikers.
- These days, there are more than a dozen different types to choose from, all of which are available in various sizes.
- Many of its customers are hikers who want a dependable, lightweight tent for their long-distance journeys and expeditions.
- The most expensive versions start at roughly $400.
- For those who wish to lose even more weight, this is the option for you!
- Photograph courtesy of Big Agnes With the traveller in mind, Big Agnes creates technical tents that are lightweight and durable.
- The Big Agnes Tiger Wall 2 Platinum is the company’s most popular backpacking and camping model, according to customers.
The main feature, as predicted, is the weight of the device, which is less than 2lbs.
Backpacking is where you’ll discover the smaller, lighter tents that are so popular nowadays.
When compared to other top brands, Big Agnes outperforms the competition in terms of performance, but at a price.
Coleman provided the photograph.
The company has been in business for 120 years and is well-known for manufacturing high-quality camping equipment.
The Coleman Sundome 2 tent is our top selection from the company since it is such a good bargain.
Many campers have commended the product for its longevity, ease of assembly and usage, and, of course, its low cost.
Several consumer organizations have rated Coleman as one of the most dependable brands of camping equipment.
Photograph courtesy of Eureka Since 1895, Eureka Camping has been a trusted name in outdoor enjoyment, offering tents and other camping goods to customers across the world.
Eureka Camping has a wide range of tents to choose from, ranging from lightweight backpacking tents to large-scale eight-person structures.
In this case, if you are concerned about weight, you may want to consider different brands.
Because of its higher weight, it is a more suitable alternative for vehicle campers.
Kelty is the photographer that captured this image.
Kelty tents are lightweight and easy to put up, and they will last you for many camping excursions in the years to come.
There is a premium attached to their purchase price, but this is justified.
It takes no more than three minutes to set up.
Kelty tents typically range in price from $250 to $350, with a few versions available for less than $100.
Photograph courtesy of Marmot Marmot is a corporation that specializes in outdoor sports and recreation.
However, they also manufacture high-quality, luxury tents that retail for more over $500.
Marmot’s tents are built to last and are simple to put up and move.
Their tent range is devoid of perfluorinated chemicals and is ecologically safe in nature (PFCs).
The Marmot Orbit 6-Person Tent is a more luxury option for vehicle campers who want something a little more special.
Mountain Hardwear is a relatively new outdoor clothing and equipment company.
Recently, they were successful in creating a tent that is comfortable enough for car campers while still being lightweight enough for backpackers.
They use excellent waterproofing technology in their tents, as well as cutting-edge production techniques.
The Mineral King 2 tent from the California-based firm is the company’s most popular model, with prices ranging from the mid- to upper $200s. The Mineral King 3 tent can accommodate three people and weighs less than eight pounds, making it a practical alternative for a group hiking trip.
Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
The photo credit goes to MSRMSR (Mountain Safety Research), an outdoor firm that has been in business for 51 years and manufactures equipment for camping, trekking, and climbing. One of our favorite tents is the MSR Hubba Hubba NX, which is available in several colors. The weight of this tent, which is intended for hikers, is 3.5 pounds. However, campers agree that the stuff sack is the most useful feature, as it makes packing it away quite simple. Our favorite feature is the rain gutters, which do an excellent job of keeping rainwater away from the tent.
- The majority of brands only provide three-season tents, although MSR also offers four-season models.
- MSR is positioned at the top end of the pricing range, particularly when it comes to its four-season tents.
- Image courtesy of NEMONEMO Equipment, which has left quite an impression on campers in the 18 years since its inception.
- Their tents are extremely sturdy and come with a plethora of amenities, such as storage pockets, that make them ideal for car campers and hikers alike.
- If there isn’t any rain in the forecast, you may remove the rainfly and stare at the stars while you go off to sleep.
- Even better, it’s priced at $750, which is a fantastic deal for a tent of this size and quality.
- The technology contributes to keeping the tent’s weight down.
- However, the company also has an excellent selection of tents and other camping equipment.
- One of our favorite tents is the Kingdom 6 tent from REI Co-op.
- The spacious cabin provides lots of storage space, and the vehicle is quite light for its size, weighing only 21 pounds.
- A good two-person tent may be had for about $100, while the company’s largest eight-person tent can be had for less than $500.
You may take advantage of cash-back deals and special promotions throughout the year if you are a member of REI. This will assist in bringing the price of such tents even lower in the future.
Andre Dodson is a lifelong camper who likes spending time in the great outdoors with his wife and little kid, who is two years old. He currently resides in Colorado, where he can frequently be found on treks with a kid slung to his back and his little goldendoodle, Percy, by his sides.