Best Tent Brands in 2022 ⋆ Expert World Travel
The most recent update was made on January 17, 2022. When it comes to shopping for a tent, it might be overwhelming. Given the large number of various types and brands available, it can be difficult to determine which ones will be the most appropriate for your needs and will be worth the money you spend on them. Making the wrong choice can result in the possession of a leaky chilly tent with no storage choices, which is inadequately sized and which blows over at the first hint of a wind, among other things.
By selecting the most appropriate tent brands for your requirements.
Some companies are specialized to the production of backpacking tents, while others are focused on the production of family tents or standard camping tents.
You can choose which tent brand to use based on the type of tent you want since we’ve compiled a list of the top tent brands available and explained all of their strengths and shortcomings in the following section.
Best Tent Brands
Marmot was established in 1979 and has a long history of producing high-quality outdoor gear. It all started when a group of college friends decided to start creating outdoor apparel in their dorm room, and it has since grown into a globally recognized outdoor firm. Marmot tents are built to a very high standard while being reasonably priced for the quality that they provide. They are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 1 to 8 people and include family tents, lightweight tents, and tents that will keep you warm even in the coldest of climates.
Their bigger tents are few and few between, and they are more suited to expeditions than to family camping.
They employ PFC-free waterproofing and make every effort to use repurposed materials into the construction of their tents.
- Tents of high quality but at a reasonable price
- Warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Make use of waterproofing that is free of PFCs
- Try to use recycled materials if possible. Excellent for a wide range of camping requirements
- Excellent for use with four-season tents.
Mountain Safety Research (MSR) is an acronym that stands for Mountain Safety Research, and you can only imagine the level of attention to detail that goes into their tents. The Mountain Safety Research company was started in 1969, so they have a lot of experience in the outdoor gear industry. However, it wasn’t until they combined with Edgeworks, a leading tent manufacturer, that they were able to begin manufacturing tents. It is their mission statement that “better, safer, more dependable equipment is the key to unlocking larger experiences,” and they are not entirely incorrect.
Their tents are among the most durable that can be found on the market.
In one of their four-season tents, you won’t be chilly in the winter and you won’t be overheated in the summer.
When you include an MSR tent in the equation, you can go on any trip you choose.
Despite the fact that they are quite costly, you definitely get what you pay for. A three-year manufacturer’s fault guarantee is included, and they also provide a repair service, so you’ll likely have a tent for the rest of your days.
- Ultralight tents that are incredible
- Ideal for use in inclement weather situations
- Ideal for trekking and other outdoor pursuits. Excellent temperature regulation throughout the year
- Limited guarantee of three years
- Service for repairs
Coleman is a name that everyone has heard of, and if you haven’t, it’s about time you did. It was founded in 1900, and the Coleman family business has been manufacturing outdoor goods for more than one hundred years. They are a family favorite among tent manufacturers, and they create everything from coolers to camping chairs. They take great delight in producing high-quality, reasonably priced tents that everyone can enjoy. Coleman manufactures the majority of the best-selling tents on Amazon, which is a testament to the brand’s reputation and customer loyalty.
Whatever kind of camping trip you’re planning, whether it’s for a weekend with some friends at an outdoor festival or for the entire family in the Rockies, Coleman has a shelter you can count on.
Each tent also comes with a limited guarantee against manufacturing faults, albeit the terms of the warranties differ from one tent to the next.
- High-quality at an affordable price
- Excellent for family-size tents
- Suitable for regular camping tents
- Attractive patterns
- Excellent weather resistance
- Tents for four seasons are not the greatest choice. It’s not the finest place to go hiking
While camping in the outdoors, you can be certain that Big Agneshas your back with a statement like “life is too short to utilize shoddy camping gear.” Their equipment is meant to be the best available, and while it is somewhat pricey, the quality you receive is well worth the investment. They specialize in the production of ultralight trekking tents that are also capable of withstanding some of the roughest situations on the globe. They manage to do all of this without sacrificing valuable floor area.
Several of their ultralight tents include unique features such as double entrances, double vestibules, and practically vertical walls, which distinguishes them from the rest of the competitors.
Because they have tents that are suitable for 1-8 people, you should be able to choose one that meets your requirements.
- Make a repair service available
- The tents are of the greatest possible quality. Tents that are lightest in weight are their specialty. Excellent in making the most of available space
- Excellent at dealing with adverse weather
- Include a guarantee against product defects.
Kelty has been in the outdoor business since 1952, when they first began manufacturing backpacks. Over the years, they have expanded their product line to include tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear. Their tents may not provide the same level of performance as brands such as Big Agnes or MSR, but they are far less expensive. If you’re searching for a hiking tent that won’t set you back a fortune, Kelty is the brand to choose. Their tents may be a little heavier and not designed for the summit of Everest, but they are well-made, robust, and excellent at withstanding wind and rain, which, to be honest, is all that the majority of us want for most of our camping trips.
Camping tents come in a variety of sizes that accommodate 1-6 people and are equipped with a variety of amazing amenities to guarantee that you have the best possible experience while camping.
In addition to a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects, Kelty also provides a repair service so that you may continue to use your tent instead of purchasing a new one simply because of some normal wear and tear.
- Tents of high quality and reasonable price
- Excellent for hiking on a tight budget. Exceptional rain and wind protection The product is durable and long-lasting
- A repair service is available. Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product.
TheNorth Faceis a well-known outdoor company, but it isn’t as well-known for its tents, despite the fact that it probably should be. “To offer the greatest gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer, to promote the preservation of nature, and to inspire a worldwide movement of adventure,” reads their mission statement. The North Face provides high-quality gear that you can rely on, plus you can rest certain that your money is being used to support worthy causes as a result of your purchase.
Despite the fact that their selection of tents is relatively restricted, they are nonetheless rather impressive.
And they do a fantastic job at it.
Each of their tents is also equipped with innovative design elements such as two entrances, vestibules, a large amount of interior storage space, and other amenities.
- Designed for trekking in inclement weather
- Include a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects. Durable and built to endure a lifetime
- Tents that are more economical than other tents Camping in a tent that is both practical and comfortable
- Only 1-4 person tents are available
- There are only a few different styles to pick from. There is no repair service
Black Diamond has created a reputation for itself by manufacturing some of the most advanced climbing equipment available on the market today. They also manufacture the equipment that goes along with it, which includes some very amazing tents. Their tents are specifically intended for hiking and alpine mountaineering expeditions. They are designed to be lightweight while still being able to withstand the most demanding situations. As a result, they are extraordinarily high-performing but also quite costly.
It’s worth noting that they don’t actually create family tents, and their largest size is approximately a 4-person tent.
- There are several designs to pick from. High-quality construction
- It’s fantastic for inclement weather. This is an excellent backpacking destination. Designed specifically for alpine camping
- Not recommended for large families or huge tents. A touch on the pricey side
- The warranty is not the greatest
Nemo was a latecomer to the outdoor market, having only entered in 2002, when it was already overcrowded. It didn’t take long for them to establish themselves as manufacturers of some of the greatest ultralight sleeping gear money can buy. Their tents are designed to be as light as possible while yet offering appropriate protection from the environment in which you find yourself. In fact, Nemo manufactures among of the lightest camping tents available anywhere in the world. Nemo’s Nemo Hornet2 backpacking tent weighs only 1lb 15 oz and is one of the most popular backpacking tents on the market.In order to keep their tents so light, they do sacrifice some comfort, so keep that in mind if you’re trying to keep your pack weight down.Each tent comes with a great lifetime manufacturer defect warranty, and if there is any wear and tear, you can send your tent back to Nemo for a long-lasting repair
- Make tents that are exceedingly light
- Outstanding durability and quality
- A good selection for the majority of situations
- Manufacturer’s fault warranty for the life of the product. Provide an excellent repair service
Alps Mountaineering was created in 1993 and has been producing high-quality outdoor gear since its inception. A limited lifetime warranty is provided with every item they manufacture. Their product lines include clothes as well as camping equipment, backpacks, and tents. They are one of the greatest brands available if you’re seeking for reasonably priced, long-lasting tents that can be used for almost any event. Backpacking tents, family tents, vehicle camping tents, standard tents, cabin tents, and other types of tents are available in their collection.
Every tent is simple to set up and, depending on the season rating, provides great weather protection and thermal protection.
- Excellent mid-range tents that are both durable and long-lasting. Affordably priced
- Lifetime warranty
- Available in a range of sizes/designs
Clearly, as you can see from the review, each brand excels in some aspects while falling short in others. And, in order to choose which tent brand is best for you, you must first determine what type of tent you want. We are not suggesting that you must be loyal to a single brand for the rest of your life; that would be too restrictive. Your best strategy is to alternate between them depending on whatever tent you require at any given moment. There are a few questions you should ask yourself in order to determine which brand would best meet your individual tent requirements in each situation.
How Many Seasons Does It Need To Handle?
Those seeking for a 3- to 4-season tent have a wide range of options to choose from. All of them manufacture three-season tents that are excellent for keeping you cool in the summer and protecting you from wretched weather in the early spring or late fall, respectively. The use of a 4-season tent is required if you intend to go winter camping in conditions that include ice, snow, severe winds, and rain. To guarantee that you keep warm and safe in those stressful settings, it’s important to stick with the specialized brands in this situation.
How Are You Getting To Your Campsite?
Are you behind the wheel? Are you driving for an hour and then walking for an hour? Are you going on a hike? Is it your intention to hike for several days while switching up your campsites every night? The greater the distance you must trek to pitch your tent, the lighter your tent must be to accommodate you. If you’re driving to your campground or only trekking a short distance, you may save money by purchasing a tent from a less expensive brand such as Coleman or Alps Mountaineering, which are both good but hefty.
Believe me when I say that trekking with a heavy tent for days on end is pain, and you’ll be grateful that you paid a little more money to reduce the weight of your pack.
Alternatively, it’s time to splurge on high-end companies such as Nemo or Big Agnes, who are known for producing the best lightest tents available.
If you plan on doing a lot of hiking and camping, we highly recommend investing in high-quality gear. They pay for themselves a thousand times over by ensuring that you have a pleasant hiking experience on your trip.
How Big Do You Need Your Tent To Be?
The third question you need to address is how many people you want your tent to be able to accommodate comfortably in the first place. Despite the fact that tents are graded according to the number of people they can accommodate, these ratings are not valid. Putting four people in a four-person tent is typically not a pleasant experience, and you should always move up one level to guarantee that you can camp comfortably. So, if you’re searching for a 2 person tent, opt for a 3 person tent, and so on and so forth.
It’s best to go with Coleman and Alps Mountaineering when shopping for a large family tent since they will offer a variety of alternatives that will suit your needs and will be reasonably priced.
Our Favorite Tent Brands
In the event that you’re hunting for a single tent brand that can do it all,Alps Mountaineering is the one for you. They provide high-quality and reasonably priced tents for a variety of uses, including hiking, auto camping, and family camping. In situations when performance and warmth in harsh weather are your top priorities, we recommend taking a look at Black Diamond, Big Agnes, and MSR. Each of these tent companies specializes in lightweight tents that are built to withstand the rigors of alpine weather.
If you’re searching for high-quality performance at an affordable price, Marmot and Kelty are the options for you.
Obviously, if you want to go camping with your family and have a good time, Coleman is the brand to go with.
The 5 Best Tent Brands of 2022
Brands of Tents to Consider Because there are so many different tents to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one to purchase. A tent’s size, weight, construction, quality, and price are all different from one another. In order to make an informed purchasing decision, it is critical to analyze your requirements. In order to make things a little easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tent brands in the world. The tent brands mentioned in this article surpass the competition because they use cutting-edge materials and have a wealth of expertise in the field of temporary shelters.
In addition to tents, the companies mentioned below manufacture high-quality sleeping items such as bivy sacks, tarps, and sleeping bags as well.
Furthermore, the section on tents in this guide will evaluate different types of tents (such as single-wall and double-wall) and explain how to select the most appropriate tent for your needs.
Best Tent Brands:
- Big Agnes, MSR, Black Diamond, Kelty, and Nemo Equipment are among the brands represented.
The Copper Spur Tent at Big Agnes is a great place to stay in the summer.
Founded:2000 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded in 2000 with the goal of creating the greatest outdoor gear possible, Big Agnes has become a household name. Despite fierce competition, they were able to break into the oversaturated outdoor industry by manufacturing high-quality outdoor gear. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for men, women, and children.
- The firm creates hiking, climbing, and camping tents that have two things in common: they are high-quality and light-weight in comparison to their competitors.
- Big Agnes also provides a wide range of accessories to go with their temporary shelters.
- In terms of size, the former comes in two and three-person versions, while the latter is available in both four and six-person configurations.
- Amazon has Big Agnes Tents on sale – click here.
- Mutha Hubba Tent (Mutha Hubba Tent)
Founded:1969 Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States Tents of several types are available. Despite the fact that MSR (Mountain Safety Research) was founded in 1969, it was only in 2000 that they began manufacturing tents after merging with a firm named Edgeworks. Edgeworks was a maker of high-quality tents that were later rebranded as MSR tents after being acquired by MSR. The MSR firm was bought by Cascade Designs in 2001. Cascade Designs is a corporation that owns numerous well-known outdoor products, including Therm-a-Rest and Platypus.
MSR also provides high-quality camping stoves, water filters, and snowshoes, among other items of equipment.
They have a capacity of one to eight people and are extremely versatile in design.
In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we included MSR tents as a recommended option.
Founded:1989 Utah is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Black Diamond is particularly well-known for producing high-quality climbing equipment. They do, however, manufacture high-quality outdoor gear, accessories, and shelters as well. Designed for mountaineering and trekking in challenging environments, their tents are generally used for these activities. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the majority of Black Diamond tents are single-wall tents, which are ideal for winter weather.
- Black Diamond tents are extremely light and durable, allowing them to survive the harsh weather conditions found in the highlands.
- For those searching for a large camping tent, however, Black Diamond is definitely not the best choice because the largest tent they provide can only seat three people.
- In our studies of the Best Backpacking Tents and the Best Bivy Sacks, we offered Black Diamond shelters as an option.
- The Kelty Discovery Tent is available from Black Diamond Tents, which is located at Black Diamond.
Founded:1952 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Kelty began manufacturing backpacks in 1952, but since then, the company has expanded its product range to include sleeping bags, sleeping mats, tents, and various forms of shelter, among other things. Kelty tents are the best choice for camping and backpacking trips because of their lightweight design. Their price is often less expensive than the tents from the above-mentioned companies, but they are also heavier and less appropriate for use in adverse weather conditions.
Kelty also provides a wide range of accessories for its tents, including footprints, pegs, and vestibules, among others.
The Kelty Salida two-person tent and the Kelty Discovery four-person tent are two of the brand’s most popular tents, respectively.
The NEMO Wagontop Tent is available for purchase on Amazon – The NEMO Wagontop Tent is also available for purchase at Kelty.
Founded:2002 Headquarters are in New Hampshire, United States. Tents of several types are available. Nemo Equipment is similar to Big Agnes in that it is a relatively young firm that has successfully conquered the crowded outdoor market by manufacturing high-quality equipment. Because the firm is solely dedicated to the manufacture of sleeping equipment, it should come as no surprise that their tents are of the finest quality. Nemo manufactures hiking, climbing, and camping tents that are lightweight and extremely durable.
- Because Nemo tents use cutting-edge technology, the company has received several design and innovation honors.
- In our review of the Best Backpacking Tents, we included products from the Nemo brand.
- To give it a star, simply click on it.
- The overall rating is 3.7 out of 5.
- One last thing before I go.
BlazOutdoor enthusiast with extensive expertise in a variety of hiking and mountaineering activities of all kinds. I’ve hiked in the Alps, Iceland, and a few other places. Via ferrata routes and snow-covered hills have captured my heart. Take a look at myhikes.
What Are The Best Tent Brands?
Let’s face it, there are a plethora of tent manufacturers to choose from. It can also be overwhelming to attempt to figure out which ones are the most effective. Finding a tent is difficult enough without taking into consideration the brand. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all of the options, bells and whistles, and even color schemes. This is known as “analysis paralysis.” To make the process a little bit easier, I recommend starting by selecting a reputable tent brand to work with. Is it a respectable organization?
Once you’ve identified your favorite brand, selecting a tent becomes considerably simpler.
While we’re at it, we’ll also share some of our favorite tents from these brands with you.
The Best Tent Brands
Here are our recommendations for the best tent manufacturers:
- Coleman (Best Budget Tents)
- REI Co-op (Best Overall Tents)
- MSR Gear (Best Backpacking Tents)
- Core Equipment (Best Family Tents)
- ALPS Mountaineering (Best Lightweight Tents)
- SpringBar (Best Canvas Tents)
- White Duck Outdoors (Best Glamping, Sustainability, and Longevity Tents)
- And Core Equipment (Best Family
Coleman is the winner of our award for the best budget tent brand. Coleman has established itself as a legendary camping brand, and for good cause, since the company began manufacturing in 1900. Coleman is sometimes lambasted on the internet for being offered in large box retailers like as Bass Pro Shops and Target, but I do not view it that way. In actuality, these businesses go to great lengths to choose only the highest-quality tent brands, so the fact that they carry Coleman is a plus in my opinion.
My personal favorite is the 6-person DarkRoom dome tent, which can accommodate up to six people.
It also includes a substantial rainfly and a substantial ceiling.
It also has a large screen area and is reasonably priced, which are two factors that led me to choose this Coleman tent.
- A large selection of tents to meet the needs of campers of all ages and abilities
- WeatherTec, DarkRoom, and FastPitch are examples of cutting-edge technology that gives fresh life to traditional designs. Exceptional customer service — a trusted brand since its inception in 1900
- Designed to be affordable for any camper or family while still displaying expert craftsmanship
- The majority of tents are equipped with conveniences such as power outlets, ventilation flaps, and storage pockets.
- There aren’t many alternatives for lightweight travelers or tents for harsh weather, however there are several excellent ones
People seeking for an all-around superb tent brand that is also reasonably priced might consider this option. Coleman Tents are available on Amazon. Coleman Tents are available at Walmart.
If you are seeking for the ideal combination of cost and durability, then look no further than REI Co-op Tents. Every type of tent, from little 2 person tents to enormous family tents like theREI Co-op Kingdom 6 Tent, can be found at REI Co-op, and at a reasonably low price as well. Tents from REI Co-op are generally manufactured for three seasons of use and are built to last for years. As a result, we have a large selection of REI Co-op tents, which are often considered to be the best in their class.
- A large selection of tents to accommodate groups of varying sizes
- Made for outdoor enthusiasts by outdoor enthusiasts
- Since 1938, we have provided unsurpassed customer service. The outdoor community benefits from 70% of REI’s revenues, which are distributed as dividends to members.
- Certain reductions may only be obtained by becoming a member of the Co-op. Footprints are occasionally available for purchase individually.
Tents from REI Co-op are available at REIREI Co-op Tents on eBay.
After that, I have to highlight this particular canvas tent manufacturer. Canvas tents are one of my favorite types of tents because of their longevity, breathability, and beautiful looks. Be warned: canvas tents are considerably different from synthetic tents in terms of appearance. Despite the fact that they need a somewhat higher degree of care, they deliver a substantially higher level of experience (kind of like a cast-iron pan). The primary difference between SpringBar tents and conventional nylon tents is, of course, the material used to construct them.
While at the same time, this canvas tent is fantastic for the winter because it retains heat and is thick enough so that it does not collapse under the weight of snow.
The only difference between SpringBar’s tent options is their size. I recommend the SpringBar 6-person tent because if you’re going to invest in a canvas tent that you’ll use for years, you’ll want one that’s large enough to accommodate the entire group of people. Pros:
- Because to the breathable and insulating canvas material, you will keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Allows you to utilize a wood-burning stove inside your tent (which is not suggested for nylon tents)
- Wind, hard weather, and heavy snowfall are all protected from high winds and heavy snowfall by heavyweight duck canvas
- Because of the cabin-style architecture (with straight walls), there is plenty of space, and the large center heights allow everyone to roam around comfortably within
- In addition, SpringBar provides a lifetime warranty to ensure that you are protected against harm.
- Despite the fact that these tents will survive for decades, the initial expenditure is more than with conventional tents. Canvas tents are significantly heavier than nylon tents and should not be used for backpacking
- Nonetheless, they are suitable for camping.
Best suited for: vehicle camping families that want to invest in an all-season camping tent that they can give down to their children in the future. SpringBar Tents are available on Amazon.
Mountain Safety Research, popularly known as MSR, has been manufacturing high-quality camping equipment since 1969. MSR is a company that specializes in ultralight camping tents. In order to accomplish this, they have acquired additional tent brands such as Moss, Walrus, and Armadillo. This allows them to utilise the technology of other manufacturers to improve the quality of their own tents. MSR recently celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, but don’t be fooled into thinking that you can’t “teach an old dog new tricks.” MSR is well-known for their lightweight tent types, as previously stated.
The Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent from MSR is our personal favorite.
- MSR gear is very high-quality as a result of its 50-year history. As part of their Global Health activities, they are heavily active in charitable endeavors, making the world a better place while simultaneously producing outstanding gear. Ultralight tents that are so small and light that they may be carried in a backpack without causing any problems
- In comparison to ordinary coatings, Xtreme Shield Waterproofing has a three-fold longer lifespan. MSR’s Syclone Poles, which are constructed of cutting-edge aerospace composite materials, are virtually difficult to shatter in the wind.
- It is not reasonably priced for starters. Large alternatives (for groups of six or more persons) are restricted
Best suited for: experienced backpackers looking for a lightweight tent with high-end features and minimal weight. Tents from MSR Gear are available on Amazon. MSR Gear Tents are available at REI.
An unlikely group of friends recently abandoned their jobs at well-known outdoor brands to pursue their dream of doing more for the camping community. As a result, Core Equipment came into being. Today, their small team of camping aficionados designs and manufactures high-quality gear that is affordable for everyone. Core’s tents are available in a variety of styles, but its specialty is huge, cabin-style tents for families with children. You should consider Core if you’ll be camping with a group of six or more people.
- Of course, when tent makers claim that a tent can accommodate six people, they are referring about six individuals sleeping within inches of one another.
- As a result, if you’re camping with ten people, you’ll need a 12-person tent.
- An cheap tent with plenty of space that stands up in minutes, this model is a great value.
- Affordably priced, but with a lengthy lifespan
- There are several alternatives, including size, color, immediate vs. classic, screen room vs. porch. All tents have excellent ventilation due to the large number of doors, windows, and vents
- Most tents are equipped with a socket for electrical cables, which is ideal for charging your children’s electronic gadgets. The majority of the tents are huge, however they have been improved for reduced weight and faster setup
- When it comes to extreme weather, weather protection is ineffective. Because the floors are not particularly substantial, I propose putting down a tarp below them.
Best suited for: families that do not want significant weather protection but who require a large amount of room at a reasonable price. Core Tents are available on Amazon. Core Tents are available at Walmart.
ALPS Mountaineering was founded by Dennis Brune, a former Kelty Outdoors executive who left the company in 1993. Dennis quit Kelty’s outdoors gear after 14 years of service to devote his time to other camping endeavors. Brune’s goal statement is to manufacture “luxury outdoor items whose performance exceeds the expectations of their respective price ranges,” according to the company. They’ve done an excellent job, in our opinion, in reaching their objective. ALPS’s trademark is a freestanding, aluminum two-pole design that is unique to them.
ALPS uses this construction in all of their tents, from their 1-person model all the way up to their 6-person model, ensuring that they have a freestanding tent to accommodate camping parties of all sizes.
Among the tents offered by ALPS Mountaineering, we recommend the two-person Lynx model as the best of the bunch. Pros:
- The straightforward design makes it simple to transport and much simpler to assemble. Two-pole structure provides a robust frame without the need to haul about heavy poles
- It is also lightweight. Despite their modest stature, many ALPS tents have a large vestibule for storing belongings. The lifetime guarantee provides you with unrivaled assistance, ensuring that this tent will survive for years to come. Exceptionally strong8 zippers and factory-sealed seams keep the rain out like a champ
- There are no tents available in super-large configurations — the largest tent can accommodate up to 6 people.
Backpackers who want to conserve weight but don’t necessarily want to spend a lot of money on MSR’s premium waterproof tents are the best candidates for these tents. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available on Amazon. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available at REI.
White Duck Outdoors
White Duck Outdoors manufactures high-quality canvas tents that are built to last a lifetime. In order to be environmentally friendly, White Duck’s tents are made using patented DYNADUCK fabric, which is made entirely of double-fill army duck cotton canvas. Because of the PFC-free, firewater repellent and moldUV resistant coating on their tent fabric, it is the most comfortable and durable tent fabric available on the market today, according to the company. White Duck tents are available in a variety of forms and sizes, including bell tents, wall tents, and cabin tents, among other options.
- Every tent is equipped with poles, angle kits, a frame, and a toolbox. When applicable, tents are provided with a stove jack as well as windows and insect netting to keep out the elements. DYNADUCK canvas tent fabric outperforms other tent materials in terms of durability and water resistance. Providing it is properly maintained, this tent will last a lifetime. Sustainable manufacturing procedures and materials are extremely beneficial to the environment
- Canvas tents demand more care, and White Duck tents are more expensive than other types of tents.
Best for: glamping and those searching for a tent that will last a lifetime.Buy Whiteduck Tents DirectWhiteduck Tents on AmazonWhiteduck Tents on Amazon
What To Look For
We’ll speak about what to look for when choosing a tent brand now that we’ve given you the greatest tent brands to choose from. As you are probably aware, different camping tent brands offer a variety of advantages and disadvantages. Every camper, in the same way, has individual desires and requirements. There is no such thing as a single “best tent brand.” Consequently, the purpose of this part is to assist you in identifying the “best tent brand” that best suits your needs.
Style (Backpacking vs. Car Camping)
We’ll speak about what to look for when picking a tent brand now that we’ve given you the top tent brands to choose from. According to what you may already be aware of, different camping tent brands offer a variety of benefits and drawbacks. Everyone who goes camping has their own set of desires and requirements. “The finest tent brand” does not exist in a single, unified form. This section is intended to assist you in identifying the “best tent brand” that is most appropriate for your needs and circumstances.
Now that you’ve decided on your camping style, you can decide on the size you desire. This will make it much easier for you to limit down your options. Many lightweight companies (like as MSR) do not provide a vast selection of alternatives. Instead, seek for tent brands that are geared toward families, such as Core Equipment or Coleman.
It is now time to dive into the specifics of your purchase. You have chosen your style and your size. You’ll be able to narrow down your search much more rapidly if you know where (and when) you’re going to camp. Campers who are willing to suffer the winter months and sleep outside in the cold can check at companies such as MSR or SpringBar, among others. Their four-season tents are designed to provide excellent snow protection. If you’re going camping in a hot and humid location, you should consider purchasing a three-season tent.
Last but not least, even if you get a waterproof tent, you can never be too cautious. It’s usually a good idea to treat your tent with a waterproofing spray to ensure that you and your belongings stay dry if it rains while you’re on your journey.
At this stage, you’re probably just considering a number of different tent manufacturers. Once you have determined the specifications of the tents, it is time to check whether you can discover one that is suitable for you. Here are some of the specifics to take into consideration.
- What materials are used to construct tent poles? The strength of aluminum poles is greater than that of carbon composite or fiberglass poles, but they are more costly and heavier. canvas (tent fabric) is significantly heavier than nylon, but it is significantly stronger and more breathable
- Its size, whether it is integrated, and whether or not it includes a rainfly are all important considerations. Whether it is an immediate tent, whether or not it has electricity ports, a vestibule, a gear loft, or additional doors are all important considerations.
The above-mentioned criteria are more or less a matter of personal choice. Choose the factors that are most important to you, and then choose a tent that includes everything you require.
When utilizing any type of outdoor equipment, it’s critical to assess the quality of the gear’s construction before using it. These goods must be able to survive extreme weather conditions, unlike office equipment such as desks, chairs and computers. They should also be able to tolerate high temperatures such as rain and snow. Unfortunately, judging the quality of a product’s construction is difficult, especially when you’re looking at it on the internet. The greatest method to ensure that you’re purchasing from a reliable tent brand is to read customer reviews online before making your purchase.
Value For Money
Last but not least, there’s the subject that everyone loves to talk about: money. When it comes to purchasing a tent, you don’t want to spend too much money, but you also don’t want to get something that will fall apart the first time you use it. I made an effort to choose just the brands that were deserving of your consideration for this post. That implies that the low-cost tents will not collapse under strain, and the high-end tents will be well worth the money spent on them (if you make it).
I am certain that you will be delighted with our recommendations, regardless of whatever tent brand you ultimately choose.
To summarize, Coleman is our top choice for the best tent brand on the market. Coleman provides a tent to fit any need, regardless of size, style, or season. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a good chance that a Coleman tent will meet your needs. Coleman may not be able to provide ultralight tents that weigh less than 3 lbs, or super-winter tents that can withstand winds of up to 200 mph. Nonetheless, these tents are wonderful for your standard, everyday camping trip, and they are well worth the investment.
For example, when it comes to portable backpacking tents, MSR completely outperforms Coleman.
I recommend the Coleman DarkRoom tent as a starting point for your adventure. This tent, which is available in both 4-person and 6-person configurations, is a low-cost choice that is simple to set up, keeps you cool at night, and won’t break the budget.
The 9 Best Camping Tents Have You Covered For Any Outdoor Adventure
If you spend a lot of time outside, it’s easy to fall into the trap of amassing an excessive amount of equipment. There’s everything from the required recreational clothes to camping gear and family camping supplies to choose from. And make no mistake about it: it can add up quickly. For example, the two of us have a total of 12 tents between us. But you don’t have to have a garage full of enclosures to be prepared for anything the outdoors throws at you; if you invest in one of the finest camping tents, you can be ready for anything the outdoors throws at you without having to become a camping packrat.
- getty Which tent is, in reality, the most appropriate for your needs.
- Stringbean (Joseph McConaughy) owns the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail Fastest Known Time (FKT) records for the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail.
- Also agreeing with Derek Temple, a category merchant manager with REI, who offered some recommendations for finest four-season tents as well as the best tents for solitary camping.
- No matter where your travels take you—to the top of a 14er on your own or to a weekend in the wilderness with the whole family—we’ve compiled a list of nine of the finest camping tents to help you make the most of your time outdoors.
- The REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent is the best camping tent for most people. The Coleman Carlsbad 6P Dark Room Tent is the best camping tent for families. The Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Ultralight Tent is the best camping tent for solo adventurers. The REI Co-op Base Camp Tent is the best camping tent for car camping. The Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 is the best lightweight camping tent. The REI Co-op A
Best Camping Tent For Most People
We understand that there are a plethora of possibilities and that making a decision might be difficult. Consider the REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent to be a multi-purpose shelter. Its dome form is intended to be a solid and durable construction that also provides ample inside room for people to walk about freely. It also just weighs a little more than 16 pounds, which makes it a manageable lift for a tent that can accommodate up to four individuals (and can be used all four seasons). Even if you aren’t a frequent visitor to the great outdoors, it is straightforward to put up, so you won’t have to re-learn how to set up your tent every time you go.
Get a 25% discount in August 2021 |
Best Camping Tent For Families
In terms of camping with the family, size is important to take into consideration. McConaughy recommends that while planning a family camping vacation, “don’t be concerned about weight; instead, be concerned about durability.” And not from elements, but from children.” Because Steven has spent a couple dozen trips to the woods sleeping in this tent with his children, including a couple of nights when there were heavy rains, he can tell you from personal experience that the Coleman Carlsbad tent is a great choice for holding up against both children and Mother Nature.
In addition, it is jam-packed with innovative features that make camping with children less stressful.
This (possibly) allows the family to sleep in a little later after sunrise and may even allow you to put the kids to bed earlier than usual.
The windows may be opened to allow for additional circulation, and a loop at the top of the dome can be used to hang a lamp or fan.
Two side pockets are provided for storing phones, flashlights, toiletries, and other small items. Furthermore, despite the fact that the tent is enormous on the inside, it can be set up in under 10 minutes if you’ve done it a few times.
Best Camping Tent For Solo Adventurers
When folded, this tent weighs only two pounds and measures five and a half inches by seventeen and a half inches, making it small enough to slip inside or strap onto any backpack of reasonable size. The footprint is large enough to comfortably fit you, a dog (or even two smaller ones), and your sleeping bag, while yet being tall enough to allow even a larger camper to sit completely upright for comfort while sleeping. Not having enough floor room for your suitcase is not a concern since there is a 3D bin at the foot that allows for elevated storage of your belongings (there are also oversized media and ceiling pockets, as well as internal hang points).
We particularly appreciate the fact that the side door can be raised up with a pair of trekking poles to create an awning, providing a little amount of additional covered room.
Best Camping Tent For Car Camping
As described by Temple, the Base Camp is a “strong all-around camping tent that’s easy to put up with a stable construction.” According to Temple, the Base Camp is a favorite among customers and staff at REI. The manufacturer says that “it also comes with a complete rain fly, which will keep you cozy and comfy when the weather turns unpredictable.” At over 21 pounds, it is clearly on the heavy side, but that is in line with McConaughy’s advise, who notes that for vehicle camping, when you may arrive late at night—and maybe even in the rain—you want a tent that is easy to set up and that is resistant to rain.
And don’t be concerned about using a larger tent because weight isn’t a consideration here.” When camping with a big company, the broad mouth is a great feature since it eliminates the need to crawl over (and risk waking up) tent mates when making late-night potty excursions.
REI Coupons |
Best Lightweight Camping Tent
Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 Shelter
Before you attempt to pitch this tent in the wilderness, you should practice setting it up at least a half-dozen times in the comfort of your own yard or living room. This is because there is a distinct learning curve to Hyperlite Mountain Gear tents. However, the greater complexity of setup results in such a decrease in gear weight that, if you’re trekking on a multi-day expedition or climbing a mountain, the work and the additional cost are well worth it. The weight of this tent is just less than 19 ounces, making it lighter than most water bottles, yet it is capable of keeping you warm, dry, and safe even in the most extreme Alpine circumstances.
are certainly more complex to set up” than other types of tents.
Best Camping Tent For All Seasons
If you’re looking for a tent that will keep you secure and comfortable all year long, the REI Co-op Arete ASL 2 Tent is a great option. In other words, it’s the tent version of a triple-threat: Rugged enough to withstand anything the elements throw at it, spacious enough to comfortably accommodate two people, and lightweight enough to be portable (it weighs slightly more than six pounds).
The four-pole design provides more structural stability, while a large vestibule provides ample storage space for all of your belongings and equipment. And, thanks to Dead End pole sleeves and color labeling, setup is quick and simple, which is especially beneficial when it’s raining or snowing.
Best Camping Tent For Backpacking
When weight is not a consideration, conventional camping wisdom suggests that a larger tent should always be chosen. A three-person tent can comfortably accommodate two campers, a four-person tent can accommodate three campers, and so on. When walking overland, though, you must strike a balance between the weight of your gear and the comfort of your sleeping bag at night. Furthermore, if two people will be sharing a tent at night, two individuals can divide the weight of the tent gear on the path by dividing the tent’s hardware in half.
According to McConaughy, this places it exactly at the sweet spot.
Dual entrances and vestibules make it simple to get in and out of the tent, and some additional gear storage space helps to keep the interior of the tent dry.
Best Camping Tent For Four People
Whether you’re looking for a four-person tent for a camping trip with friends, family, or a pack of dogs, one of the most crucial considerations to make is the amount of room available. In fact, the North Face Sequoia 4 is spacious enough that most people can stand comfortably within it, allowing for enough of room for the crew and their various pieces of equipment. As an added bonus, the vestibule is spacious enough for you to set up camp chairs, which makes it an ideal area for enjoying a cup of coffee or reading without disturbing your tent mates if you’re the first one to wake up in the morning.
Best Low Cost Camping Tent
A camping tent that comes to mind when you shut your eyes is probably something like the Coleman Sundome, which is now one of the most popular tents available for purchase. And the reason behind this isn’t difficult to figure out. When it comes to casual camping, this tent is a good choice since it is easy to set up, can withstand mild rain and wind, and is available in a variety of sizes to accommodate two, three, four, and six people. And, of course, the extremely low price tag completes the package.