The 5 Best Tent Brands of 2022
Brands of Tents to Consider Because there are so many different tents to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one to purchase. A tent’s size, weight, construction, quality, and price are all different from one another. In order to make an informed purchasing decision, it is critical to analyze your requirements. In order to make things a little easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top five tent brands in the world. The tent brands mentioned in this article surpass the competition because they use cutting-edge materials and have a wealth of expertise in the field of temporary shelters.
In addition to tents, the companies mentioned below manufacture high-quality sleeping items such as bivy sacks, tarps, and sleeping bags as well.
Furthermore, the section on tents in this guide will evaluate different types of tents (such as single-wall and double-wall) and explain how to select the most appropriate tent for your needs.
Best Tent Brands:
- Big Agnes, MSR, Black Diamond, Kelty, and Nemo Equipment are among the brands represented.
The Copper Spur Tent at Big Agnes is a great place to stay in the summer.
Founded:2000 Colorado, United States of America is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded in 2000 with the goal of creating the greatest outdoor gear possible, Big Agnes has become a household name. Despite fierce competition, they were able to break into the oversaturated outdoor industry by manufacturing high-quality outdoor gear. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for men, women, and children.
- The firm creates hiking, climbing, and camping tents that have two things in common: they are high-quality and light-weight in comparison to their competitors.
- Big Agnes also provides a wide range of accessories to go with their temporary shelters.
- In terms of size, the former comes in two and three-person versions, while the latter is available in both four and six-person configurations.
- Amazon has Big Agnes Tents on sale – click here.
- Mutha Hubba Tent (Mutha Hubba Tent)
It was started in 2000 by Big Agnes with the goal of producing the highest quality outdoor gear available. By manufacturing high-quality outdoor gear, they were able to break into the overcrowded outdoor industry, despite fierce competition. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for men, women, and children worldwide. The firm is still a tiny, highly specialized operation that thoroughly analyzes its products before releasing them into the market.
There are several different sizes of Big Agnes tents to choose from.
Besides temporary shelters, Big Agnes also sells a variety of accessories to go with it.
The former is available in two- and three-person configurations, and the latter is available in four- and six-person configurations.
In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we included Big Agnes tents as an option. Big Agnes Tents are available for purchase on Amazon. Large selection of tents from Big Agnes available at REI – MSR Mutha Hubba Tent is a traditional African shelter.
Big Agnes was formed in 2000 with the goal of creating the greatest outdoor gear available. The company has grown significantly since then. Despite fierce competition, they were able to break into the oversaturated outdoor industry by creating high-quality outdoor gear. Today, Big Agnes manufactures high-quality tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, and other outdoor clothing for use in the great outdoors. They are still a tiny and highly specialized firm that thoroughly evaluates all of its goods before releasing them on the market.
- Big Agnes tents are available in a variety of sizes, so you should be able to locate one that can accommodate one person or up to eight people.
- The Copper Spur trekking tent and the Big House Deluxe camping tent are two of the most popular Big Agnes tents.
- Big Agnes tents are included in our analysis of the Best Backpacking Tents.
- Big Agnes Tents are available at REI – MSR.
Founded:1989 Utah is the company’s headquarters. Tents of several types are available. Founded:1989 Utah, United States of America Tents of several kinds are available.
Founded:1989 Headquarters are in Utah, United States. Tents of several types: Kelty began manufacturing backpacks in 1952, but since then, the company has expanded its product range to include sleeping bags, sleeping mats, tents, and various forms of shelter, among other things. Kelty tents are the best choice for camping and backpacking trips because of their lightweight design. Their price is often less expensive than the tents from the above-mentioned companies, but they are also heavier and less appropriate for use in adverse weather conditions.
Kelty also provides a wide range of accessories for its tents, including footprints, pegs, and vestibules, among others.
The Kelty Salida two-person tent and the Kelty Discovery four-person tent are two of the brand’s most popular tents, respectively.
The NEMO Wagontop Tent is available for purchase on Amazon – The NEMO Wagontop Tent is also available for purchase at Kelty.
Founded in 2002, with headquarters in New Hampshire, United States. Types of Tents: Nemo Equipment is similar to Big Agnes in that it is a relatively young firm that has successfully conquered the crowded outdoor market by manufacturing high-quality equipment. Because the firm is solely dedicated to the manufacture of sleeping equipment, it should come as no surprise that their tents are of the finest quality. Nemo manufactures hiking, climbing, and camping tents that are lightweight and extremely durable.
- Because Nemo tents use cutting-edge technology, the company has received several design and innovation honors.
- In our evaluation of the Best Backpacking Tents, we considered items from the Nemo brand.
- To give it a star, simply click on it.
- The overall rating is 3.7 out of 5.
- One last thing before I go.
BlazOutdoor enthusiast with extensive expertise in a variety of hiking and mountaineering activities of all kinds. I’ve hiked in the Alps, Iceland, and a few other places. Via ferrata routes and snow-covered hills have captured my heart. Take a look at myhikes.
What Are The Best Tent Brands?
Let’s face it, there are a plethora of tent manufacturers to choose from. It can also be overwhelming to attempt to figure out which ones are the most effective. Finding a tent is difficult enough without taking into consideration the brand. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all of the options, bells and whistles, and even color schemes. This is known as “analysis paralysis.” To make the process a little bit easier, I recommend starting by selecting a reputable tent brand to work with. Is it a respectable organization?
Once you’ve identified your favorite brand, selecting a tent becomes considerably simpler.
While we’re at it, we’ll also share some of our favorite tents from these brands with you.
The Best Tent Brands
Face it, there are a plethora of tent manufacturers to choose from. In addition, attempting to determine which ones are the greatest might be difficult. Finding a tent is difficult enough without having to consider the brand. Because of the sheer number of options, bells and whistles, and even color schemes to choose from, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and experience “analysis paralysis.” To make the process a little bit easier, I recommend starting by selecting a reputable tent brand to begin with.
Has their track record of dependable performance been demonstrated?
In this post, we’ll discuss which tent brands we believe are the greatest, and why we believe they are the best.
Let’s get this party started.
- Let’s face it: there are a plethora of tent manufacturers to choose from. Furthermore, deciding which ones are the greatest might be a daunting task. Even without taking into consideration the brand, finding a tent might be difficult. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all of the options, bells and whistles, and even color schemes available. To make the procedure a little easier, I recommend starting by selecting a reputable tent manufacturer. Is it a well-known organization? Do they have a track record of delivering dependable results? Once you’ve determined your favorite brand, selecting a tent becomes considerably simpler. In this post, we’ll discuss which tent brands we believe are the finest, and why we think they’re the best. Along the road, we’ll also reveal some of our favorite tents from these brands. Let’s get this party started!
Coleman is the winner of our award for the best budget tent brand. Coleman has established itself as a legendary camping brand, and for good cause, since the company began manufacturing in 1900. Coleman is sometimes lambasted on the internet for being offered in large box retailers like as Bass Pro Shops and Target, but I do not view it that way. In actuality, these businesses go to great lengths to choose only the highest-quality tent brands, so the fact that they carry Coleman is a plus in my opinion.
My personal favorite is the 6-person DarkRoom dome tent, which can accommodate up to six people.
It also includes a substantial rainfly and a substantial ceiling.
It also has a large screen area and is reasonably priced, which are two factors that led me to choose this Coleman tent.
- A large selection of tents to meet the needs of campers of all ages and abilities
- WeatherTec, DarkRoom, and FastPitch are examples of cutting-edge technology that gives fresh life to traditional designs. Exceptional customer service — a trusted brand since its inception in 1900
- Designed to be affordable for any camper or family while still displaying expert craftsmanship
- The majority of tents are equipped with conveniences such as power outlets, ventilation flaps, and storage pockets.
- There aren’t many alternatives for lightweight travelers or tents for harsh weather, however there are several excellent ones
People seeking for an all-around superb tent brand that is also reasonably priced might consider this option.
Coleman Tents are available on Amazon. Coleman Tents are available at Walmart.
If you are seeking for the ideal combination of cost and durability, then look no further than REI Co-op Tents. Every type of tent, from little 2 person tents to enormous family tents like theREI Co-op Kingdom 6 Tent, can be found at REI Co-op, and at a reasonably low price as well. Tents from REI Co-op are generally manufactured for three seasons of use and are built to last for years. As a result, we have a large selection of REI Co-op tents, which are often considered to be the best in their class.
- A large selection of tents to accommodate groups of varying sizes
- Made for outdoor enthusiasts by outdoor enthusiasts
- Since 1938, we have provided unsurpassed customer service. The outdoor community benefits from 70% of REI’s revenues, which are distributed as dividends to members.
- Certain reductions may only be obtained by becoming a member of the Co-op. Footprints are occasionally available for purchase individually.
In order to qualify for some discounts, you must be a member of the Co-op. In rare cases, the footprint can be purchased individually.
Certain reductions are only available to Co-op members. Footprints are occasionally available for purchase individually.
- Because to the breathable and insulating canvas material, you will keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Allows you to utilize a wood-burning stove inside your tent (which is not suggested for nylon tents)
- Wind, hard weather, and heavy snowfall are all protected from high winds and heavy snowfall by heavyweight duck canvas
- Because of the cabin-style architecture (with straight walls), there is plenty of space, and the large center heights allow everyone to roam around comfortably within
- In addition, SpringBar provides a lifetime warranty to ensure that you are protected against harm.
- Despite the fact that these tents will survive for decades, the initial expenditure is more than with conventional tents. Canvas tents are significantly heavier than nylon tents and should not be used for backpacking
- Nonetheless, they are suitable for camping.
Best suited for: vehicle camping families that want to invest in an all-season camping tent that they can give down to their children in the future. SpringBar Tents on Amazon
Mountain Safety Research, popularly known as MSR, has been manufacturing high-quality camping equipment since 1969. MSR is a company that specializes in ultralight camping tents. In order to accomplish this, they have acquired additional tent brands such as Moss, Walrus, and Armadillo. This allows them to utilise the technology of other manufacturers to improve the quality of their own tents. MSR recently celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, but don’t be fooled into thinking that you can’t “teach an old dog new tricks.” MSR is well-known for their lightweight tent types, as previously stated.
The Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent from MSR is our personal favorite.
- MSR gear is very high-quality as a result of its 50-year history. As part of their Global Health activities, they are heavily active in charitable endeavors, making the world a better place while simultaneously producing outstanding gear. Ultralight tents that are so small and light that they may be carried in a backpack without causing any problems
- In comparison to ordinary coatings, Xtreme Shield Waterproofing has a three-fold longer lifespan. MSR’s Syclone Poles, which are constructed of cutting-edge aerospace composite materials, are virtually difficult to shatter in the wind.
- MSR gear is very high-quality as a result of 50 years of expertise. As part of their Global Health activities, they are actively committed in making the world a better place while simultaneously producing high-quality gear. The use of ultralight tents, which are so light that they can be carried in a backpack without causing any problems. It lasts three times as long as ordinary coatings, making Xtreme Shield Waterproofing an excellent choice. It is nearly difficult for wind to shatter the Syclone Poles, which are constructed of cutting-edge aerospace composite materials.
Best suited for: experienced backpackers looking for a lightweight tent with high-end features and minimal weight. Tents from MSR Gear are available on Amazon. MSR Gear Tents are available at REI.
An unlikely group of friends recently abandoned their jobs at well-known outdoor brands to pursue their dream of doing more for the camping community. As a result, Core Equipment came into being. Today, their small team of camping aficionados designs and manufactures high-quality gear that is affordable for everyone. Core’s tents are available in a variety of styles, but its specialty is huge, cabin-style tents for families with children. You should consider Core if you’ll be camping with a group of six or more people.
Of course, when tent makers claim that a tent can accommodate six people, they are referring about six individuals sleeping within inches of one another.
As a result, if you’re camping with ten people, you’ll need a 12-person tent.
Our favorite of their tent options is the 9-person quick cabin tent, which is available in many sizes. An cheap tent with plenty of space that stands up in minutes, this model is a great value. I would highly suggest it. Pros:
- An unlikely group of friends recently abandoned their positions at well-known outdoor brands to pursue a more meaningful mission for the camping industry. As a result, Core Equipment came into being. They have grown into a small crew of camping aficionados who provide high-quality gear at an affordable price range for everyone to enjoy. However, their specialization is huge, cabin-style tents for families. Core’s tents are available in a variety of designs. You should consider Core if you’ll be camping with a group of at least 6 people. Depending on the size, they range from six to twelve people. As a result, a tent manufacturer’s claim that a tent can accommodate 6 people is based on 6 individuals sleeping within inches of one another. Always remember to assess two persons at the same time! As a result, a 12-person tent is required for a group of ten persons camping. The Instant Cabin Tent, which can accommodate nine people, is our favorite of all their tent options. An cheap tent with plenty of room that puts up in minutes, this model is a good choice. I would really suggest it. Pros:
- When it comes to extreme weather, weather protection is ineffective. Because the floors are not particularly substantial, I propose putting down a tarp below them.
Best suited for: families that do not want significant weather protection but who require a large amount of room at a reasonable price. Core Tents are available on Amazon. Core Tents are available at Walmart.
Best suited for: families that don’t require extreme weather protection but yet require a large amount of room at a reasonable cost. Amazon has Core Tents for sale. Walmart sells Core Tents.
- Best suited for: families that don’t require extensive weather protection but yet require a large amount of room at a reasonable price. Core Tents may be found on Amazon. Core Tents may be found at Walmart.
- There are no tents available in super-large configurations — the largest tent can accommodate up to 6 people.
Backpackers who want to conserve weight but don’t necessarily want to spend a lot of money on MSR’s premium waterproof tents are the best candidates for these tents. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available on Amazon. ALPS Mountaineering Tents are available at REI.
White Duck Outdoors
White Duck Outdoors manufactures high-quality canvas tents that are built to last a lifetime. In order to be environmentally friendly, White Duck’s tents are made using patented DYNADUCK fabric, which is made entirely of double-fill army duck cotton canvas. Because of the PFC-free, firewater repellent and moldUV resistant coating on their tent fabric, it is the most comfortable and durable tent fabric available on the market today, according to the company. White Duck tents are available in a variety of forms and sizes, including bell tents, wall tents, and cabin tents, among other options.
- Every tent is equipped with poles, angle kits, a frame, and a toolbox. When applicable, tents are provided with a stove jack as well as windows and insect netting to keep out the elements. DYNADUCK canvas tent fabric outperforms other tent materials in terms of durability and water resistance. Providing it is properly maintained, this tent will last a lifetime. Sustainable manufacturing procedures and materials are extremely beneficial to the environment
- Canvas tents demand more care, and White Duck tents are more expensive than other types of tents.
Most suitable for: glamping and those searching for a tent that is incredibly robust and will last them a lifetime. Whiteduck Tents may be purchased directly from the manufacturer.
What To Look For
We’ll speak about what to look for when choosing a tent brand now that we’ve given you the greatest tent brands to choose from. As you are probably aware, different camping tent brands offer a variety of advantages and disadvantages. Every camper, in the same way, has individual desires and requirements. There is no such thing as a single “best tent brand.” Consequently, the purpose of this part is to assist you in identifying the “best tent brand” that best suits your needs.
Style (Backpacking vs. Car Camping)
The first thing you need to consider is what kind of camper you want to be. You’ve got a family of six and you’re looking for a tent to go with your minivan. If this is the case, you are a vehicle camper. Are you a lone explorer with an aim of trekking the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you’re a traveler, you’ll need a lightweight hiking tent to keep you comfortable. You can better examine your tent alternatives once you’ve determined which form of camping is best for you. You can then eliminate the tents that aren’t a good fit for you.
There is no need for a hiker to try to squeeze eight people inside their tent if doing so will result in him or her lugging an additional 20 pounds on his or her back.
If a tent is too tiny, even the most weather-resistant one is worthless if it means that little Timmy has to sleep outside.
Choose your preferred camping style, and then narrow your search results to tent brands that specialize in that style. Also, keep in mind that if you drive a pick-up truck, there are tents for your truck bed that may be more appropriate for your needs.
Now that you’ve decided on your camping style, you can decide on the size you desire. This will make it much easier to filter down your alternatives. Many lightweight brands (like as MSR) do not provide a big selection of products. Instead, seek for tent brands that are geared toward families, such as Core Equipment or Coleman.
It is now time to dive into the specifics of your purchase. You have chosen your style and your size. As soon as you figure out where (and when) you’re going to camp, you’ll be able to limit down your options fast. Campers who are willing to suffer the winter months and sleep outside in the cold might choose brands such as MSR or SpringBar. Their 4 season tents are designed to provide excellent snow protection. If you’re camping in hot and humid locations, you should consider a 3 season tent.
Finally, even if you choose a waterproof tent, you can never be too sure about the weather.
Your preferred style and size have been determined, and the next step is to work out the specifics of your purchase. As soon as you figure out where (and when) you’re going to camp, you’ll be able to limit down your options quickly. Campers who are willing to suffer the winter months and sleep outside in the cold should check into products such as MSR or SpringBar. Their 4 season tents are designed to provide excellent snow protection. If you’re camping in a hot and humid region, a 3 season tent is a better option for you.
Finally, even if you get a waterproof tent, you can never be too confident.
- What materials are used to construct tent poles? The strength of aluminum poles is greater than that of carbon composite or fiberglass poles, but they are more costly and heavier. canvas (tent fabric) is significantly heavier than nylon, but it is significantly stronger and more breathable
- Its size, whether it is integrated, and whether or not it includes a rainfly are all important considerations. Whether it is an immediate tent, whether or not it has electricity ports, a vestibule, a gear loft, or additional doors are all important considerations.
The above-mentioned criteria are more or less a matter of personal choice. Choose the factors that are most important to you, and then choose a tent that has everything you require.
When utilizing any type of outdoor equipment, it’s critical to assess the quality of the gear’s construction before using it. These goods must be able to survive extreme weather conditions, unlike office equipment such as desks, chairs and computers. They should also be able to tolerate high temperatures such as rain and snow. Unfortunately, judging the quality of a product’s construction is difficult, especially when you’re looking at it on the internet. The greatest method to ensure that you’re purchasing from a reliable tent brand is to read customer reviews online before making your purchase.
Value For Money
Last but not least, there’s the subject that everyone loves to talk about: money. When it comes to purchasing a tent, you don’t want to spend too much money, but you also don’t want to get something that will fall apart the first time you use it. I made an effort to choose just the brands that were deserving of your consideration for this post. That implies that the low-cost tents will not collapse under strain, and the high-end tents will be well worth the money spent on them (if you make it).
The last thing we want is for you to squander your money on a tent that is costly but does not give a satisfactory camping environment. I am certain that you will be delighted with our recommendations, regardless of whatever tent brand you ultimately choose.
To summarize, Coleman is our top choice for the best tent brand on the market. Coleman provides a tent to fit any need, regardless of size, style, or season. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a good chance that a Coleman tent will meet your needs. Coleman may not be able to provide ultralight tents that weigh less than 3 lbs, or super-winter tents that can withstand winds of up to 200 mph. Nonetheless, these tents are wonderful for your standard, everyday camping trip, and they are well worth the investment.
For example, when it comes to portable backpacking tents, MSR completely outperforms Coleman.
I propose the Coleman DarkRoom tent as a starting point for your adventure.
The 10 Best Tent Brands in 2021
Sleeping beneath the stars may seem appealing in principle, but it is not a realistic option in practice. That’s why the tent is one of the most talked-about, inspected, and challenging purchases you’ll make when it comes to camping gear. It’s also one of the most expensive. The purpose of this article is to provide you with some strong groundwork for your tent-buying endeavors. If you’re in the market for a camping tent, these are the top brands and manufactures to consider as your starting point.
- It was founded in 1993 with the goal of manufacturing sturdy and lightweight tents for hikers.
- These days, there are more than a dozen different types to choose from, all of which are available in various sizes.
- Many of its customers are hikers who want a dependable, lightweight tent for their long-distance journeys and expeditions.
- The most expensive versions start at roughly $400.
- For those who wish to lose even more weight, this is the option for you!
- Photograph courtesy of Big Agnes With the traveller in mind, Big Agnes creates technical tents that are lightweight and durable.
- The Big Agnes Tiger Wall 2 Platinum is the company’s most popular backpacking and camping model, according to customers.
The main feature, as predicted, is the weight of the device, which is less than 2lbs.
Backpacking is where you’ll discover the smaller, lighter tents that are so popular nowadays.
When compared to other top brands, Big Agnes outperforms the competition in terms of performance, but at a price.
Coleman provided the photograph.
The company has been in business for 120 years and is well-known for manufacturing high-quality camping equipment.
The Coleman Sundome 2 tent is our top selection from the company since it is such a good bargain.
Many campers have commended the product for its longevity, ease of assembly and usage, and, of course, its low cost.
Several consumer organizations have rated Coleman as one of the most dependable brands of camping equipment.
Photograph courtesy of Eureka Since 1895, Eureka Camping has been a trusted name in outdoor enjoyment, offering tents and other camping goods to customers across the world.
Eureka Camping has a wide range of tents to choose from, ranging from lightweight backpacking tents to large-scale eight-person structures.
In this case, if you are concerned about weight, you may want to consider different brands.
Because of its higher weight, it is a more suitable alternative for vehicle campers.
Kelty is the photographer that captured this image.
Kelty tents are lightweight and easy to put up, and they will last you for many camping excursions in the years to come.
There is a premium attached to their purchase price, but this is justified.
It takes no more than three minutes to set up.
Kelty tents typically range in price from $250 to $350, with a few versions available for less than $100.
Photograph courtesy of Marmot Marmot is a corporation that specializes in outdoor sports and recreation.
However, they also manufacture high-quality, luxury tents that retail for more over $500.
Marmot’s tents are built to last and are simple to put up and move.
Their tent range is devoid of perfluorinated chemicals and is ecologically safe in nature (PFCs).
The Marmot Orbit 6-Person Tent is a more luxury option for vehicle campers who want something a little more special.
Mountain Hardwear is a relatively new outdoor clothing and equipment company.
Recently, they were successful in creating a tent that is comfortable enough for car campers while still being lightweight enough for backpackers.
They use excellent waterproofing technology in their tents, as well as cutting-edge production techniques.
The Mineral King 2 tent from the California-based firm is the company’s most popular model, with prices ranging from the mid- to upper $200s. The Mineral King 3 tent can accommodate three people and weighs less than eight pounds, making it a practical alternative for a group hiking trip.
Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
The photo credit goes to MSRMSR (Mountain Safety Research), an outdoor firm that has been in business for 51 years and manufactures equipment for camping, trekking, and climbing. One of our favorite tents is the MSR Hubba Hubba NX, which is available in several colors. The weight of this tent, which is intended for hikers, is 3.5 pounds. However, campers agree that the stuff sack is the most useful feature, as it makes packing it away quite simple. Our favorite feature is the rain gutters, which do an excellent job of keeping rainwater away from the tent.
- The majority of brands only provide three-season tents, although MSR also offers four-season models.
- MSR is positioned at the top end of the pricing range, particularly when it comes to its four-season tents.
- Image courtesy of NEMONEMO Equipment, which has left quite an impression on campers in the 18 years since its inception.
- Their tents are extremely sturdy and come with a plethora of amenities, such as storage pockets, that make them ideal for car campers and hikers alike.
- If there isn’t any rain in the forecast, you may remove the rainfly and stare at the stars while you go off to sleep.
- Even better, it’s priced at $750, which is a fantastic deal for a tent of this size and quality.
- The technology contributes to keeping the tent’s weight down.
- However, the company also has an excellent selection of tents and other camping equipment.
- One of our favorite tents is the Kingdom 6 tent from REI Co-op.
- The spacious cabin provides lots of storage space, and the vehicle is quite light for its size, weighing only 21 pounds.
- A good two-person tent may be had for about $100, while the company’s largest eight-person tent can be had for less than $500.
You may take advantage of cash-back deals and special promotions throughout the year if you are a member of REI. This will assist in bringing the price of such tents even lower in the future.
Andre Dodson is a lifelong camper who likes spending time in the great outdoors with his wife and little kid, who is two years old. He currently resides in Colorado, where he can frequently be found on treks with a kid slung to his back and his little goldendoodle, Percy, by his sides.
The Best Tent Brands
Being outside in the presence of a majestic mountain range, flowing water, and abundant animals is a really unforgettable experience. There is simply no better way to strengthen your relationship with the cosmos than to spend some quality time in it! Being prepared with the appropriate camping equipment, tents, cooking accoutrements and clothes is essential for outdoor enthusiasts. This is the place to go if you’ve ever wondered, “What are the best tent brands available?” or “What are the best tent brands available?” Tents are available in a range of sizes, styles, and forms to meet your camping demands, as well as a variety of pricing options to fit your budget.
R.E.I., The North Face, Igloo, Columbia Sportswear (Columbia, Easy Camp), Gelert (Gigatent), Gigatent (Trangia), Academy, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods (Robens), Timberland (LL Bean), Kampa (Bunn Camp), Outwell (Bear Grylls), Coghlan’s (Force Ten), K2 Sports (Kelly), K2 Sports If you’ve ever tasted one of these products, please take a moment to share your thoughts with the rest of the world and vote for your favorite now!
The Best Tent Brands on the Market in 2022
Although there are a plethora of tent types available on the market, comparing the best-camping tent manufacturers is made much easier by taking the following variables into consideration: campers, campsite, and weather conditions. Depending on the materials used, such as textiles or poles, tents can be very different. Campers nearly always favor a tent with a basic pole design and a quick and straightforward set-up process. These tents are simple to set up, using just one or two tent poles, and will save you a significant amount of time in the long run.
- Tent canopy materials are either lightweight (in the case of 3-season tents) or hefty and insulated (as in the case of 4-season tents) depending on their intended use.
- Aspects of some of the greatest tent brands are more successful in one specific use while exhibiting some degree of trade-off in another application.
- Aside from that, camping grounds are essential.
- Large groups of campers that bring a lot of camping equipment or other outdoor gear will require plenty of storage space, and taller campers will want enough of headroom and floor space to accommodate their longer sleeping bags and other belongings.
- Inherently, snow-covered campgrounds provide far more difficulties than regular campsites.
- Coleman tents are the most popular choice for first-time campers.
- Although Coleman tents can withstand a battering, the aluminum poles used in most models are less prone to breaking, making them perfect for mishaps that are typical among first-time campers.
- Large parties of campers will discover that The North Face’s family tent models provide ample space while strangely not sacrificing too much in terms of weight.
- High winds and inclement weather aren’t going to automatically ruin camping outings for campers who have a tent from The North Face in their possession.
- Some campers begin their camping experience in Coleman Tents and do not go out to try anything else.
- Finally, the most essential thing to remember is that there is almost certainly a tent out there that will give you with adequate shelter on your next camping excursion.
Now that you know what factors to consider when comparing tent manufacturers, you can go out and try to determine which brands you believe to be the finest tent manufacturers.
The 9 Best Camping Tents Have You Covered For Any Outdoor Adventure
If you spend a lot of time outside, it’s easy to fall into the trap of amassing an excessive amount of equipment. There’s everything from the required recreational clothes to camping gear and family camping supplies to choose from. And make no mistake about it: it can add up quickly. For example, the two of us have a total of 12 tents between us. But you don’t have to have a garage full of enclosures to be prepared for anything the outdoors throws at you; if you invest in one of the finest camping tents, you can be ready for anything the outdoors throws at you without having to become a camping packrat.
- getty Which tent is, in reality, the most appropriate for your needs.
- Stringbean (Joseph McConaughy) owns the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail Fastest Known Time (FKT) records for the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail.
- Also agreeing with Derek Temple, a category merchant manager with REI, who offered some recommendations for finest four-season tents as well as the best tents for solitary camping.
- No matter where your travels take you—to the top of a 14er on your own or to a weekend in the wilderness with the whole family—we’ve compiled a list of nine of the finest camping tents to help you make the most of your time outdoors.
- The REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent is the best camping tent for most people. The Coleman Carlsbad 6P Dark Room Tent is the best camping tent for families. The Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Ultralight Tent is the best camping tent for solo adventurers. The REI Co-op Base Camp Tent is the best camping tent for car camping. The Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 is the best lightweight camping tent. The REI Co-op A
Best Camping Tent For Most People
We understand that there are a plethora of possibilities and that making a decision might be difficult. Consider the REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent to be a multi-purpose shelter. Its dome form is intended to be a solid and durable construction that also provides ample inside room for people to walk about freely. It also just weighs a little more than 16 pounds, which makes it a manageable lift for a tent that can accommodate up to four individuals (and can be used all four seasons). Even if you aren’t a frequent visitor to the great outdoors, it is straightforward to put up, so you won’t have to re-learn how to set up your tent every time you go.
Get a 25% discount in August 2021 |
Best Camping Tent For Families
That is understandable; there are several alternatives, and making a decision may be challenging. To put it another way, the REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent is a one-stop shop. Its dome form is intended to be a strong and durable construction that also provides ample inside room for people to walk about freely. It also just weighs a little more than 16 pounds, which makes it a manageable lift for a tent that can hold up to four people (and can be used all four seasons).
Even if you aren’t a frequent visitor to the great outdoors, it is easy to put up, so you won’t have to re-learn how to set up your tent every time you go. forbes.com REI Coupons – 25 percent off in August 2021 | Forbes.com
Best Camping Tent For Solo Adventurers
When folded, this tent weighs only two pounds and measures five and a half inches by seventeen and a half inches, making it small enough to slip inside or strap onto any backpack of reasonable size. The footprint is large enough to comfortably fit you, a dog (or even two smaller ones), and your sleeping bag, while yet being tall enough to allow even a larger camper to sit completely upright for comfort while sleeping. Not having enough floor room for your suitcase is not a concern since there is a 3D bin at the foot that allows for elevated storage of your belongings (there are also oversized media and ceiling pockets, as well as internal hang points).
We particularly appreciate the fact that the side door can be raised up with a pair of trekking poles to create an awning, providing a little amount of additional covered room.
Best Camping Tent For Car Camping
As described by Temple, the Base Camp is a “strong all-around camping tent that’s easy to put up with a stable construction.” According to Temple, the Base Camp is a favorite among customers and staff at REI. The manufacturer says that “it also comes with a complete rain fly, which will keep you cozy and comfy when the weather turns unpredictable.” At over 21 pounds, it is clearly on the heavy side, but that is in line with McConaughy’s advise, who notes that for vehicle camping, when you may arrive late at night—and maybe even in the rain—you want a tent that is easy to set up and that is resistant to rain.
And don’t be concerned about using a larger tent because weight isn’t a consideration here.” When camping with a big company, the broad mouth is a great feature since it eliminates the need to crawl over (and risk waking up) tent mates when making late-night potty excursions.
REI Coupons |
Best Lightweight Camping Tent
Hyperlite Mountain Gear UltaMid 2 Shelter
Before you attempt to pitch this tent in the wilderness, you should practice setting it up at least a half-dozen times in the comfort of your own yard or living room. This is because there is a distinct learning curve to Hyperlite Mountain Gear tents. However, the greater complexity of setup results in such a decrease in gear weight that, if you’re trekking on a multi-day expedition or climbing a mountain, the work and the additional cost are well worth it. The weight of this tent is just less than 19 ounces, making it lighter than most water bottles, yet it is capable of keeping you warm, dry, and safe even in the most extreme Alpine circumstances.
are certainly more complex to set up” than other types of tents.
Best Camping Tent For All Seasons
If you’re looking for a tent that will keep you secure and comfortable all year long, the REI Co-op Arete ASL 2 Tent is a great option. In other words, it’s the tent version of a triple-threat: Rugged enough to withstand anything the elements throw at it, spacious enough to comfortably accommodate two people, and lightweight enough to be portable (it weighs slightly more than six pounds).
The four-pole design provides more structural stability, while a large vestibule provides ample storage space for all of your belongings and equipment. And, thanks to Dead End pole sleeves and color labeling, setup is quick and simple, which is especially beneficial when it’s raining or snowing.
Best Camping Tent For Backpacking
When weight is not a consideration, conventional camping wisdom suggests that a larger tent should always be chosen. A three-person tent can comfortably accommodate two campers, a four-person tent can accommodate three campers, and so on. When walking overland, though, you must strike a balance between the weight of your gear and the comfort of your sleeping bag at night. Furthermore, if two people will be sharing a tent at night, two individuals can divide the weight of the tent gear on the path by dividing the tent’s hardware in half.
According to McConaughy, this places it exactly at the sweet spot.
Dual entrances and vestibules make it simple to get in and out of the tent, and some additional gear storage space helps to keep the interior of the tent dry.
Best Camping Tent For Four People
Whether you’re looking for a four-person tent for a camping trip with friends, family, or a pack of dogs, one of the most crucial considerations to make is the amount of room available. In fact, the North Face Sequoia 4 is spacious enough that most people can stand comfortably within it, allowing for enough of room for the crew and their various pieces of equipment. As an added bonus, the vestibule is spacious enough for you to set up camp chairs, which makes it an ideal area for enjoying a cup of coffee or reading without disturbing your tent mates if you’re the first one to wake up in the morning.
Best Low Cost Camping Tent
A camping tent that comes to mind when you shut your eyes is probably something like the Coleman Sundome, which is now one of the most popular tents available for purchase. And the reason behind this isn’t difficult to figure out. When it comes to casual camping, this tent is a good choice since it is easy to set up, can withstand mild rain and wind, and is available in a variety of sizes to accommodate two, three, four, and six people. And, of course, the extremely low price tag completes the package.
Tent Brands – Comparisons and Information
To examine the offers of all of the many tent brands available on the market, visit the list of lightweight tents on this page. Especially in the fall, winter, and spring months, tents are one of the most crucial pieces of equipment you may have in your backcountry backpack. I’ve mentioned a few decent tent brands that come up frequently when people are looking for a high-quality, lightweight tent; nevertheless, the tent industry is enormous, and it would be impossible to do it right here.
Check out thelightweight tents listpage for a comprehensive look at the whole industry, and if you’re seeking to go even lighter, check out thelightweight tarp tents list for some ideas.
Best Tent Brands List
- In spite of its name, Tarptent is a tent manufacturer that primarily produces tents rather than tarps, yet it would be easy to mistake Tarptent goods for tarps at first sight. They specialize in single-wall tents that are supported by trekking poles or single poles. They have a large product line and are quite popular with the lightweight hiking community because of their simplicity. One of their most popular products is theContrail, a one-person tent that weighs 696 g, or 1.53 lbs, and is ideal for backpacking. Terra Nova- With their Laser Ultra 1 tent, Terra Nova holds the Guinness World Record for the lightest double wall shelter in the world (check out the list of lightweight tents to see if this is real). Terra Nova is a tent manufacturer that understands what it takes to build a lightweight tent. For those who don’t like for the Cuben Fiber of the Laser Ultra 1, they may choose for the more standard Laser Photon 1, which is a one-person tent that weights 670 g, or 1.47 lbs. MSR- A more traditional tent brand, MSR manufactures a few lightweight tents, however none that are as impressive as Terra Nova’s Guinness World Record attempt. This one-person tent weights 970 g, or 2.13 lbs, and is a solid example of the product range offered by the MSR tent company. Tent brands like Big Agnes, which has one of the most diverse product lines in the tent industry, provide something for everyone, even lightweight backpacking lovers. Consider the Fly Creek UL 1, which is a one-person tent that weighs 850 grams or 1.87 pounds and gives you a sense of what Big Agnes’ tents look like.
These are a handful of the greatest tent brands available on the market, but they are by no means the only tent brands to consider when purchasing a tent. The lightweight tents list, as well as the lightweight tarp tents list, are both excellent resources for seeing all that is currently available in this category.