How Camping Showers Work
From the most simple watering can suspended from a tree limb to the more complicated vehicle-mounted, battery-operated showers, there is a camping shower system for everyone. The following items will be found in the majority of these configurations: a showerhead, tubing, and a water container. Many heated mobile camping showers will additionally feature a small propane gas tank and a water pump in addition to the shower itself. Setup for rigged watering cans is the simplest – simply fill a watering can from the local creek, hang it from a nice tree limb, and then tip it so that the water drips over your head.
If you’d want to go beyond the convenience of a watering can, you might want to try a hot water camping shower instead.
The battery-operated pump can provide you with enough water to last for around a 10-minute shower, and the gas heater will heat it up to that amount.
You might be able to benefit from a shower system that is put on your car.
- The heat exchanger is immersed in adjacent body of water.
- Certain camping solutions are more practical than others, and the best option for you will depend on the type of camping trip you’re planning.
- In addition, there is a lot of equipment that has to be brought along, which means more weight to lug about, as well as having to worry about replacing batteries and petrol.
- If you like to shower in a private setting away from prying eyes, keep reading to learn more about shower shelters.
How to Set Up the Perfect Camping Shower
Maintaining one’s cleanliness while camping might be difficult. It is possible to camp at a campsite with showers, which is an option. Another option is to go RV camping in a rig that has a built-in shower (check out ourRV rental toolfor RV rentals in your local area). However, for those who are tent camping or backpacking, maintaining clean is not always that simple. While being clean on a short weekend camping trip may not seem like a big concern, it is important to do so for longer camping and backpacking trips (for your own and everyone else’s benefit).
The greatest portable camping showers, including solar showers, lightweight versions, and DIY camp showers that are simple to construct are going to be discussed today. Discover how to set up the ideal camping shower for every occasion in this detailed guide.
Why Do You Need a Camping Shower?
Naturally, the most important advantage of a camping shower is that it allows you to keep clean when camping in the wilderness. When compared to other outdoor bathing choices (such as a baby-wipe rubdown), a portable shower makes it far easier to brush away dirt and filth. The majority of portable camping showers are more than just a holding tank with a nozzle attached to it. They frequently incorporate a heating technique, which is typically a solar-heated component, although it is also possible to include a portable hot water heater.
Who doesn’t enjoy a hot shower in the morning or after a hard day of hiking, to put it simply.
Camping Shower Buyer`s Guide
It is not all camping showers that are equivalent in quality. Just as essential as purchasing a high-quality model is picking the shower that is most suited to your individual requirements. Consider the following factors, which are the most important:
- Showers of many types are available, including solar showers, portable showers, gravity showers, and even showers equipped with portable hot water heaters.
- — A lightweight camping shower is significantly more portable and adaptable than a heavy-duty one. However, because they tend to have a reduced water capacity, showers will not last as long as they should.
- The materials used in the construction of your camp shower, like with other camping equipment, must be durable enough to withstand the elements. Models made of plastic and cloth are both available. However, cloth is typically significantly more durable than plastic (and is transparent, allowing you to see how much water is left in the container).
- Fixtures — The flow rate of your camp shower is determined by the shower head. The flow rate of a shower may be adjusted with an adjustable shower head. Another feature to consider in versions that have a portable hot water heater (which is often fueled by a propane tank) is the ability to control the heat.
- Brand Reputation – Buying from a firm with a solid reputation among prior customers is typically preferable since the product is of higher quality, the customer service is better, and the warranties are outstanding.
Best Camping Showers for 2020
Here are seven of the greatest camping showers that will be available in the year 2020:
1.Ivation Portable Camping Shower
$ 34.99in stock2newfrom $34.992usedfrom$29.85in stock2newfrom $34.992usedfrom$29.85 Shipping is completely free. as of 10:46 a.m. on February 10, 2022 The Ivation Portable Camping Shower is exceptionally lightweight and portable, making it ideal for camping trips. This outdoor shower system is equipped with a 10-liter tank that can deliver a shower lasting around 4 minutes. Alternatively, you may bring your own water container, such as a bucket, to use for a longer camp shower experience. This gadget really features a battery-operated pump, which allows for a more powerful flow.
The batteries have a 100% rechargeable capacity.
In addition, the lengthy hose and easy shower head are noteworthy features.
2.Advanced Elements Summer Shower
$ 34.99available in stock Seven (new from $34.955, used from$27.57) new Shipping is completely free. as of 10:46 a.m. on February 10, 2022 The Advanced Elements Summer Shower, which is yet another of the best camping showers on the market, combines solar heating with a 5-gallon capacity. The water storage bag is constructed of four layers of material and includes a reflector panel to help the water heat up more rapidly. The bag is additionally insulated, which allows the water to remain warm for a longer period of time.
When the water is ready, you will be notified by a temperature indicator incorporated into the unit.
A convenient side pocket and Velcro straps provide a convenient spot to hold your camp soap/shampoo and washcloth while on the go. Unfortunately, the built-in hose is only a few feet long. It performs the job, but with a length of around 15 inches, it does not provide much adaptability.
3.Rinse Kit Pressurized Portable Shower
As of February 10, 2022, 10:46 a.m., the item was out of stock. It is true that the Rinse Kit Pressurized Portable Shower is more expensive than most of its rivals, but you get what you pay for. It is equipped with a hard-sided water container, a 6-foot hose, and a pressured nozzle that creates an unexpectedly high level of water pressure for its size. This camp shower is quite simple to operate. In addition, it is incredibly portable, due to the built-in handle and the hard-sided construction.
In addition, there is no method to heat your water using the equipment in question.
4.Nemo Equipment Helio Pressure Shower
As of February 10, 2022, 10:46 a.m., the item was out of stock. The Nemo Equipment Company Helio Pressure Shower is a lightweight, portable, and multi-functional outdoor shower that is ideal for camping and other outdoor activities. It is equipped with an 11-liter water tank as well as solar heating technology. Because of the excellent insulation, your hot water will remain warm for an extended period of time. Most notable about this camp shower is its foot pump, which is maybe its most distinctive feature.
It also makes it simple to conserve water.
Having a long hose on a portable shower, in my opinion, makes showering and cleaning other things like dishes, dogs, and other household items much simpler.
It can be folded down to less than 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches, making it the most portable of all the models.
5.Camplux Outdoor Portable Propane Water Heater
new from $129.993 used from$119.04 $ 129.99 out of stock2 new from $129.993 used from$119.04 Shipping is completely free. as of 10:46 a.m. on February 10, 2022 It is recommended that those who desire something a bit more luxury take a look at theCamplux Outdoor Portable Shower. It includes a tankless hot water heater that runs on propane electricity that is built in. Simply connect it to a propane tank and you’ll have access to water that’s up to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Unfortunately, this item does not come with a built-in water storage container.
This implies that the water supply must be provided via a faucet of some kind.
This propane tank outdoor shower, despite its drawbacks, is one of the most effective ways to heat water and offer strong water pressure when camping.
6.Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower
$ 14.99in stock2newfrom $14.00 $ 14.99in stock2new Shipping is completely free. as of 10:46 a.m. on February 10, 2022 The Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower will appeal to those who appreciate simplicity. Among the greatest camping showers for portability that I’ve come across, this one ranks high on my list. The straightforward design not only makes it simple to use, but it also enhances its mobility and adaptability, which is especially important when used as a camping shower. Simply attach the device’s end to a 1-liter or 2-liter water bottle and turn the bottle upside down to create a smooth and pleasant trickle of water for your family.
As a result of its simplicity, it does not have a setting for heating the water. You’ll have to take a cold shower or heat the water on your own if you want to avoid this. With prices starting at just more than $20, it’s an affordable alternative that any camper or traveller should consider.
7.Sea to Summit Pocket Shower
$24.95newfrom $34.94in stock5in stock Shipping is completely free. as of 10:46 a.m. on February 10, 2022 TheSea to Summit Pocket Showermight not appear to be much at first glance, especially when compared to the other best camping showers on this list, but it is a powerful little device. This pocket shower, with its extremely compact and lightweight design, is ideal for backpacking trips and other camping excursions where space is limited. However, despite its small size, the shower can provide up to 8 minutes of showering time when the device is completely opened.
While not technically a solar shower, this model does come with a black water storage bag that will heat up and become warm if left in the sun for an extended period of time.
How to Use a Camping Shower
Fortunately, the majority of camping showers are pretty simple to use. Also included are step-by-step instructions from the manufacturer for the majority of models. As a result, here’s the low-down on how to utilize a camping shower to make things even more convenient for you:
- Fill – Pour water into the nylon or plastic water bag until it is completely full. If you don’t have access to clean water, you don’t have to fill the bag all the way.
- Placing your solar shower in direct sunshine with the clear side facing up can help to maximize the heat produced. An integrated thermometer should be able to tell you when the water is warm enough to be used.
- Hang — Suspend gravity-fed showers over your head or from a tree limb for added effect. Power models should be left on the ground, and the nozzle should be held in your hand.
- Rinse, lather, and repeat — The majority of portable showers have a water capacity of around 5 gallons. To save water, rapidly rinse yourself, then turn off the water to soap and shampoo, then turn the water back on to rinse off
- This will help to preserve water.
Best Camping Shower Accessories
Water capacity is around 5 gallons for most portable showers, so rinse, lather, and repeat. When you are finished, rapidly rinse yourself off, turn off the water for soap and shampoo, and then turn the water back on to rinse off.
- In established campgrounds, a privacy tent allows you to shower in complete privacy without the need to put on a swimsuit or hike off into the woods.
- A biodegradable soap, such as Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Soap, is an environmentally responsible choice for showering while camping. It may be purchased online. Make sure the product does not include phosphates, surfactants, triclosan, or anti-bacterial agents. In the meanwhile, it’s advisable to avoid using it near bodies of water or streams.
- Microfiber Towel – A microfiber towel is essential for hiking showers since it is lightweight and dries rapidly
- It is also incredibly absorbent.
How to Make a DIY Camping Shower
DIY camping showers may be made in a variety of ways, and there are literally hundreds of possible options. These range from the extremely inexpensive and straightforward to the pricey and complex. For example, REI’s DIY camp shower with a car-top is one of the most complex DIY outdoor showers I’ve seen. It makes use of a length of ABS pipe and a hose with a spigot to complete the project. It really rests on top of your vehicle’s roof racks, making it convenient to take a shower. Alternatively, Countryside Daily outlines a budget-friendly DIY solar shower.
Other Ways to Stay Clean While Camping
A camping shower is unquestionably the most effective method of staying clean when camping. However, if you like to travel light or do not wish to purchase a portable solar shower of your own, there are alternative options available to you. In addition, here are a few additional suggestions for staying clean when camping:
- Lake or Stream – Take a refreshing dip in a lake or stream to wash off the salt. The majority of filth, grime, perspiration, and extra oil may be removed with a brief plunge. Personally, I never use soap in a natural body of water, even if it is biodegradable and environmentally beneficial.
- Water Bottle – Fill your water bottle with enough water to take a brief shower with it. Pour a tiny bit of water over your body at a time, similar to an asponge bath, and let it to soak in. You may also use this method to cleanse your hair, albeit a complete body wash down is more difficult.
- A few baby wipes are my go-to camp hygiene solution while I’m out camping in the wilderness. The method is particularly useful for cleaning your hands and face at night when it is not practical to rinse them off further.
- A public sink – whether at a gas station, rest area, or campsite, look for a public sink to swiftly rinse your face, upper body, and hair after a long day outdoors. The greatest restrooms are single-occupancy bathrooms with lockable doors.
- Here’s how to use dry shampoo to wash your hair without using water, which will help to decrease the greasy, nasty sensation that you may get after several days in the woods.
How to Find Showers on the Road
To be honest, even the nicest camping shower can’t compete with the warmth of a genuine hot shower. When doing extended camping road trips or living in an RV full-time, it’s generally simple to locate free or inexpensive showers along the way with little effort. Here’s how it’s done:
- Public Swimming Pools – A large number of public swimming pools, both indoor and outdoor, are equipped with changing rooms and hot showers. Alternatively, pay a few dollars to utilize the pool and take a shower
- A 24-hour gym membership at a national chain is a good investment for full-time campers, RVers, and other vandwellers. You will be able to take use of hot showers all around the country. Planet Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and 24-Hour Fitness are all terrific choices
- However, Planet Fitness is the most expensive.
- Although free camping is my favourite method of camping, it’s worth it to pay a little additional money every now and then to stay in a campsite that has hot showers to get a little more comfort. Many national park campsites and state park campgrounds, as well as many RV parks and KOAs, have hot showers.
- Despite the fact that this approach is hit or miss if you don’t know where to search, many city parks in small towns (particularly in the Midwest) have shower facilities. The majority of them are rather primitive, and they are often found in municipal parks that also include tiny campsites.
- Showers at public beaches and outdoor swimming areas – Some public beaches and outdoor swimming locations provide free public showers, albeit they are frequently located outside and only utilize cold water
- If you are in a hurry, showering at truck stops is a convenient method to have a paid shower on the road. Qualitative differences do exist across different chains, however I’ve had largely positive experiences with Pilot Flying J.
What is your preferred method of showering when camping?
Do you have a solar-powered portable shower or a homemade outdoor shower? Alternatively, would you prefer to just camp at a campsite where you are aware of the availability of shower facilities? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Shower Tent – Things To Consider When Buying One
Are you one of those campers who like traveling to far-off regions, away from all of the amenities, and staying for a few days in a completely natural setting? While you may be able to get by without most of your creature comforts, a shower is one thing that you absolutely must have in order to maintain your personal cleanliness. The use of a portable shower tent, which can be transported easily when traveling, is mandatory unless you are camping near a freshwater stream where you may readily bathe while camping.
What Is A Shower Tent?
Photo from offoter.co Before getting into the specifics of what you should look for in a shower tent and why you should buy one, it’s vital to first understand what a shower tent is and why you should buy one. Simply said, a shower tent is a portable restroom that can be taken with you wherever you go when traveling. It enables you to shower and dress in public areas without being restricted. Using a shower tent will guarantee that you are able to maintain your hygiene while remaining fresh and comfortable when vacationing in the outdoors.
An emergency shower tent may also be utilized to clean your automobile and wash your clothing if the situation calls for it.
Features to Look For In A Shower Tent
When purchasing a shower tent, the structure and design of the tent are the most significant factors to take into consideration. It is essential that you select the most appropriate design for your needs in order to get the greatest advantage from your shower tent. If you want to spend an extended amount of time in dry places, invest in shower heads that have a big flow rate to ensure that you get the most water possible. In contrast, if you are only traveling for a few days to a neighboring location, a smaller vehicle would be sufficient for you to drive there.
Before purchasing a shower tent, it is generally a good idea to conduct some preliminary study on the material from which it is constructed.
The tent’s poles should preferably be constructed of stainless steel, while the remainder of the cloth can be either nylon or polyester in color and texture.
The size and weight of your shower tent are the next most critical considerations. The storage capacity of the tent is likewise determined by these two factors. The greater the size and weight of the tent, the greater the amount of water it will be able to hold. In addition to storage, you should take into account your mobility and the amount of available space. It is not recommended to bring a large tent if you have limited room or if you want to walk for long distances.
It will be difficult to carry a large tent if you have limited space or plan to walk for long distances. If you are traveling with a group of people, though, you should consider investing in a couple large heavy shower tents with plenty of storage space for the entire party.
As previously stated, the storage capacity of your shower tent is determined by the size and weight of the tent. Whether you want a big storage capacity or a smaller one will serve is determined by your requirements and plans for the storage unit. For those traveling alone, a smaller backpack should suffice, but for those going with a larger group, larger backpacks should be used so that you do not have to walk about looking for water every day of the journey. Another factor to consider when making a decision about storage is the nature of your travels as well as the weather conditions in the location where you will be camping.
They take up valuable storage space and are cumbersome to transport, but they will ensure that you do not run out of water at an inconvenient time.
What You Need to Know About Setting Up the Perfect Outdoor Camping Shower Shower tents come in a variety of configurations, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Sun camp showers are ones that use solar energy to heat the water that has been stored in a tank or container. When camping in colder climates or throughout the winter, these are the best options. One disadvantage of these tents is that they will not be able to deliver warm water at night or on overcast days, which is a significant inconvenience.
- They make use of coils and burners to heat up the water and give individuals with warm water regardless of whether or not there is sunshine available at the time of use.
- Rather of relying on fuel or sunshine to heat the water, a battery-powered shower tent is a more environmentally friendly solution.
- In addition to being battery-powered, certain shower tents may be linked to a vehicle’s battery to create electricity when water has to be heated.
- Always go for those with less intricate set-up processes to avoid confusion.
When it comes to selecting a shower tent, the flooring is also really significant. The best tents are those that have detachable flooring, which makes it simple to clean the tent after it has been used.
You should also make certain that the floor is water-resistant and that it has a sufficient drainage system so that water does not gather while you shower or bathe. If you’re thinking about purchasing a shower tent, always conduct your research on the floor material first.
Because you will not be surrounded by walls when traveling, it is even more vital to consider privacy when purchasing a shower tent, just as it is when purchasing a house. It is possible to get various differently built shower tents with zipper pulls that allow you to shower in peace without the worry of being disturbed by others. Other, less expensive options include the possibility of hanging a curtain. What you pick will be determined by the nature of your vacation as well as the individuals you will be traveling with.
This one should be self-explanatory. It is critical to have adequate ventilation when bathing so that you do not suffocate throughout the process. Many shower tents include mesh openings in the roof or construct tiny windows in the rear to allow for better ventilation during the shower. Ventilation is required not just for your own personal comfort, but also because the tent will be exposed to wetness on a continual basis.
Hooks for Shelves
A decent shower tent should always feature hooks and shelves so that you can hang your clothing while you shower. The installation of wider shelves in larger shower tents may also allow you to keep a greater variety of items other than merely clothing. Before making a purchase, always research the finest choices available.
A shower tent without a towel hanger is unsuitable because, while you may be free to leave your clothing outside, you must have at least one towel nearby that you may use immediately once the shower is over. In certain shower tents, towel racks are located just outside the tent, preventing your towel from being wet while you shower.
How to Choose The Best Shower Tent?
So far, we’ve spoken about the characteristics you should look for when purchasing a shower tent with your hard-earned money. In this part, we will go into further detail on how to select the finest possible shower tent for your camping excursion. As previously said, the most crucial consideration to bear in mind when purchasing a shower tent is the reason for which it is being purchased. You must meticulously plan your route and consider essential factors such as the weather, the availability of water, the surroundings, the amount of days you will be traveling, and a variety of other factors.
Examine their characteristics and make notes, then begin shortlisting the ones that you believe are most relevant to your requirements.
When comparing pricing, don’t forget to consider the quality of the product, and always purchase from a well-known and trustworthy manufacturer.
It is often preferable to speak with someone who has used a shower tent directly to find out about their experience rather than relying on internet evaluations, which are frequently compensated and so not very credible.
Cost of Shower Tents
The most tough portion is about to begin. Because everyone wants the greatest product at the lowest possible price, it is vital to understand about the factors that influence the price of a shower tent before making a purchase. Shower tents powered by solar energy are now the most extensively used and most cost-effective shower tents available. More pricey than gas-powered models, propane-powered models and battery-powered models are more dependable and safe. As previously said, quality should always take precedence over pricing because it is preferable to get a single long-lasting shower tent rather than having to purchase a new one every few days.
For example, some shower tents may be available at a low cost, but they may be difficult and expensive to maintain in the long term.
Some Ethics of Using Shower Tents
The likelihood is that if you enjoy camping, you are also concerned about environmental preservation and the prevention of pollution in any form. When showering in a tent, only use biodegradable soaps that will not harm the environment in which you are showering. Furthermore, check to see that the drainage system of your shower tent is not interfering with any animal’s natural habitat or soil. Installation of your shower tent at least 200 meters away from a natural water source from which humans and animals drink is recommended if you are near such a source.
Do Not Bathe When Water Is Limited
If you are camping in an area where there is a water shortage, you should avoid using shower tents as much as possible. Showering often solely to make yourself feel better is not recommended; instead, restrict showering to times when it is really necessary. Make sure you leave enough water for those who are in your immediate vicinity. Use of moist tissues and sponge washes are preferable options in such cases.
Keep Your Soap or Shower Gels Safe
Compared to humans, animals have a far greater sense of smell, and they are naturally intrigued about novel aromas. If you don’t want to take any chances with your life, put your soap, shower gels, and other personal care products in bear canisters to keep animals away from them. Maintain a safe distance between these goods and your food storage facilities, as well. Ideally, you should store these items in the trunk of your automobile.
Don’t Just Rely on Shower Tents
Shower tents are a convenient amenity to have on hand while traveling, but it is important to remember that they are simply a temporary solution and not a substitute for regular showers. Even when traveling, try to find a hotel nearby to shower whenever feasible and limit the usage of a shower tent to just the most extreme circumstances. Bottomline This article has discussed what shower tents are, why they are required for campers, and the factors that should be considered before purchasing one.
You must always emphasize quality above cost when purchasing a shower tent since you cannot take the chance of having a damaged or dysfunctional shower tent when camping.
When shopping for a shower tent, the most essential considerations to keep in mind are the size, durability, drainage, and storage options that are available.
How To Setup The Perfect Outdoor Camping Shower
Camping necessitates the use of an excellent outdoor camping shower. Camping showers, on the other hand, come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as a variety of configurations. Consumers’ demands and tastes have been taken into consideration when creating these categories. A portable camping shower may be classified into three types: the most basic, the most economical, and the most deluxe. The most basic category is for persons who place a high value on their weight and who are concerned above all else with maintaining their cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- The final category is the most opulent.
- Camping is a fun activity to enjoy with family and friends.
- Even before you go camping, it is imperative that you understand how to set up a camping shower since it is a necessity of the hour.
- So be ready, because this could just be the guide you need for your next hiking or trekking expedition!
- There might be a variety of reasons for this, but the most fundamental and compelling response to this issue is that a camping shower simply aids in keeping you clean while you are on the road.
- To keep things simple, a camping shower is your best friend when it comes to having a hot shower in the morning or after a long, exhausting day of trekking and exploring.
Useful tips to set up a camping shower
1.Taking a shower with a cup The usage of this strategy is especially advantageous when you have a limited supply of water. As an added bonus, it is a highly convenient and practical method of showering. It can also be used on lengthy journeys when the availability of water tends to diminish with time due to dehydration. Simply said, you may take water with you in a little cup that holds around 250-500 mL of liquid. You may refill your cup whenever you see a water tap along the road or when you stop near a river.
- Showering in this manner is quite simple.
- 2.Do it yourself washbasin Yes!
- You should consider it if you want to go with a low-cost camping shower that uses less water and is light in weight, but you also have to consider the cost of water.
- The washbasin, like the preceding choice, may be refilled as many times as necessary anywhere there is access to running water.
You’ll be able to drink more water while also effectively washing your body and hair this way. The clothing can also be cleaned in the basin by scrubbing them with a small amount of detergent before refilling the basin with new water to rinse them.
Affordable Camping Shower
Mel’s Solar Shower Adventures, Part 3 While we’re on the subject of a costly method of putting up a camping shower, we’ve come across another option known as a “solar shower.” Although this setup is straightforward, there is a cost associated with it. Solar showers are black-colored bags (as seen in the photograph) that are connected to a hose to provide water. When the solar shower is hung loosely from a tree, the heat absorbed by the black (or dark) hue of the fabric is reduced. It can be left out for up to 3 hours or longer if necessary.
- Bear in mind that shower tents are unable to contain solar showers due to the weight of the solar showers themselves.
- Showers with a voltage of 4.12V Due to the fact that they are inexpensive and user-friendly, 12V electric showers fall under the category of “affordable” showers.
- If you’re seeking for highly concentrated water, here is the place to look for it.
- You can also adjust the temperature of the water by filling the bucket with warm or cold water and then connecting the 12V pump to that water source.
- It may also be utilized as a hand-held device if you like to have more freedom in its application.
- This maintenance is required in order to extend the life of these showers as well as to guarantee that they perform optimally.
- It is particularly well suited for hot showers and may be hung from a tree with ease.
- These showers, however, cannot be used inside a shower tent due to the fact that they are too heavy.
- The benefit of doing so is that you may take your bath outside without having to worry about fitting your equipment into a small space.
Luxurious Camping Shower
Adventures with a solar-powered shower by Mel With regard to the “solar shower,” which is an extremely expensive method of putting up a camping shower, we have come across another option. Although this setup is straightforward, it comes at a price. In the illustration, solar showers are black-colored bags with a hose attached to them (which is what they look like in person). When the solar shower is hanging loosely from a tree, the black (or dark) pigment absorbs heat from the sun. If left out for 3 hours or more, it will be just fine.
It should be noted that due to the weight of solar showers, shower tents are unable to completely enclose them.
Showers with a voltage of 4.12 volts Due to the fact that they are inexpensive and user-friendly, 12V electric showers fall under the category of “affordable.” This is in addition to a flexible hose that can be readily adjusted to meet your specific needs, which is included with these showers.
- You may simply adjust the hose to be near to your head and feel the water pressure because it is flexible.
- Electric showers, unlike heavy solar showers, are lightweight and may be readily installed in a shower tent or on an elevated structure, such as a pole or roof rack.
- One drawback of electric showers is that, despite the fact that they are inexpensive, their quality isn’t particularly high, requiring periodic maintenance.
- Shower with a bucket made of canvas The canvas bucket shower, as the name implies, consists of a canvas bucket with a shower spray attached to the bottom of the bucket.
- The canvas bucket shower makes limited use of technology, and as a result, it is intended to provide minimal challenges to those who use it.
One can either bathe in an open space or field with a canvas bucket shower or use any form of screen to keep the water out. The advantage of doing so is that you may take your bath outside without having to worry about fitting your equipment into a small space.
Best Shower Tent: Staying Clean Doesn’t Need to be Awkward
Even though there are other excellent alternatives available for those wishing to have a more clean camping experience, the G4 Free Shower Tent has earned the distinction of being the finest shower tent on the market. You may shower or change without feeling unnecessarily constrained thanks to the spacious interior dimensions and excellent inside amenities like as storage compartments and a shower bag rack. The unique mesh floor allows for simple drainage while also keeping your feet off the ground, making it one of the most unique ideas we’ve seen thus far.
If your field is only a short distance away, though, it is a fantastic alternative for your next outdoor shower experience.
How To Choose a Portable Outdoor Camping Shower Tent
What characteristics distinguish the finest shower tent for camping? It truly comes down to personal choice and what you want to get out of your pop-up toilet tents or pop-up shower tents, just like anything else in the world. Several important questions must be answered before ever contemplating making a purchase of any kind.
- When will I require my privacy shelter to serve more than one function? What is the importance of a budget to me
- The number of individuals who will require the usage of the outdoor shower tent at any one moment
- Can you tell me how good I am at putting up and taking down tents?
Keep these questions in mind as you go through the different alternatives; they will assist you in determining the finest shower tent for your needs!
Easy To Set Up
These considerations are especially crucial if you want to transfer from one campground to another. Even when you’re exhausted after an exciting day of outdoor exploration, you don’t want to be wrestling with a camping toilet tent. Those that jump into action and are ready to be utilized are some of the best camping shower tents on the market. This means you won’t have to mess about with tying it down to the ground or wrangling with support poles. It takes only a few minutes to get everything set up.
Showers and bathrooms are considered private spaces, which is why some of the best shower tents are constructed of opaque materials, allowing you to conduct your business without flashing the rest of the world. A tent’s ability to provide privacy is especially vital if you want to use it as a porta-potty tent. When it comes to privacy, most tents are designed with opaque material and windows that can be zip closed for the best bathing experience. The only exception is that you need make certain that your shower tent is well ventilated in order to avoid overheating or trapping undesirable odors inside its walls.
You should pick a shower tent with appropriate ventilation if you want to ensure that your camping shower enclosure will be as pleasant as it can possibly be. Because these tents may become rather hot and humid, having a window that can be opened is an absolute essential, especially if the tent is being used by a group of people. If your pop-up shower tent is also going to serve as a bathroom, ventilation is much more important than it already is.
If your tent does not have adequate ventilation, it will absorb the scents of the toilet and turn into a nasty hot box that nobody wants to use. A crack in the window is required, just as at home.
If you want your shower tent to serve as both a shower tent and a camp shower tent, you should search for one that has detachable floor panels. Although the floor will keep your feet pleasant and clean while you are enjoying a morning shower, the floor may be removed when it is necessary to perform personal business. Most of these tents feature flooring that can be readily removed, allowing you to use the shelter as a shower in the morning and a toilet in the evening, if necessary. These sorts of tents eliminate the inconvenience of having to use the restroom in the woods, give seclusion, and serve as a multi-purpose space that can be used for a variety of activities.
A Larger Size For Multiple People
Some of the greatest shower tents are available in bigger sizes, which is ideal if you have a large group of people showering at once. With bigger shower sizes, individuals of all shapes and sizes may enjoy a hot shower in the morning without having to bend or fit into the tub. Some pop-up shower tents are even large enough to accommodate two individuals showering at the same time (we are not judging! ), allowing you to save your water use while still getting your morning shower in.
Multi-Room Shower Tents
You’ve arrived to the Mercedes-Benz of shower tents! Shower tents with many rooms are perfect for those who don’t want their towel or clothes to get wet while they’re wiping themselves off in the shower. Both the shower area and the changing room are located on the same level of the tent. Another advantage of having a multi-room shower tent is that it can accommodate more people. If you want to utilize your tent to quickly change clothes, it’s wonderful to have a dry space to do so without having to tread on the damp floor where someone else had just showered before you.
Tents With Hooks To Hang Your Towel Or Clothes
The necessity of having a hook to hang your clothing and towel may seem inconsequential, but anybody who has ever had to “dry off” with a wet towel understands how important it is to have one nearby. Fortunately, many shower tents are designed with this function already built in, allowing you to keep your belongings safe and dry while you wash off after your shower. The hooks may also be used to dry garments, such as wet swimming suits, without having to expose them to the elements like a clothesline.
Shower tents are readily accessible for purchase in a variety of sizes and price ranges to suit almost any budget, but it is still something to keep in mind. Depending on how much money you have available, your options will become more limited. Consider what is essential to you, and then proceed from that point.
Your topattributes will influence the type of tent you choose, and you should be able to locate one that is both functional and affordable within your budget. Shower tents may be purchased for as little as $30 and as much as several hundred dollars.
Camping Shower Tent Reviews
This WolfWise tent is really simple to put together, and you won’t have to fiddle with any poles or tethers in order for it to function properly. All you have to do is pull on the top of the folded tent and fan it out, and the tent will burst out on its own. To bring the tent to a conclusion, you’ll need to properly refold it back into its original configuration. Because the structure is already within the tent, there is no need to fold or pack the tent to get it into shape. It does it in a natural way.
Despite the fact that it is lightweight and small, it is quite sturdy, and the anti-tear polyester has been intended to endure a long time.
It is without a doubt one of the most cost-effective solutions available if you are wanting to save a little money.
However, shower hooks are not included.
- Easy to set up
- No technical knowledge required. The material is exceptionally light in weight. This model is both long-lasting and water-resistant
- You will find it to be on the smaller side
- There are no hooks for hanging your things
Bottom Line: This is the greatest cheap alternative available on the market, and because it is simple to install, it can be set up by just about anyone.
KingCamp Oversize Outdoor Camping Shower Tent
KingCamp is well-known for producing high-quality items, and their Oversize privacy tent is no exception. This type is incredibly spacious, and it is constructed of a durable polyester material. It’s simple to set up and is pretty portable as well. If you’re searching for a portable camping shower tent that does exactly what it says on the package, the KingCamp Oversize Pop-Up Privacy Tent is the one you’re looking for. Despite the fact that the tent is robust, the material is slightly see-through if you’re doing your business in the dark with a light on inside it.
This pop-up change tent, despite its low price, is a dependable solution for most campers and will not let you down.
- Simple to assemble, this model is ideal for beginners. It is constructed of a durable polyester material. It has enough space for you to travel in comfort
- The material is not completely opaque
- Nonetheless, it is close to it. It might not be able to withstand inclement weather.
The bottom line is that this tent will allow you to complete your tasks in a spacious, weatherproof environment that is somewhat private and protected from the elements.
GREEN ELEPHANT Camping Shower Tent
A solid mix is struck between portability, utility, and convenience of set-up with the Green Elephant privacy tent, which is a plus. All of this comes at a rather affordable price. As a multi-function tent, it comes equipped with a number of useful amenities, like toilet paper, a lamp, and clothing hangers, as well as a number of storage compartments to keep various goods safe as you go about your morning ritual. Despite the presence of an external tube feed for use with a shower bag, we believe there is a small problem in the design because there is no internal hook at the center peak.
Because it weighs 5.5 pounds and packs down to 2 feet 2 inches in size, it won’t take up much space in the trunk of your car.
As you might assume, the disadvantage of being lighter in weight is that it is less strong and substantial than some of the other alternatives on our list. The fact is that it is a fantastic choice for those seeking something a bit more portable.
- Simple to assemble
- Excellent multi-functional features, such as a toilet paper holder
- And affordable.
- Not the most durable
- Internally, there is no shower hook
The bottom line: This is a fantastic multi-functional tent that is extremely portable and simple to set up.
G4Free Privacy Shelter
With its rip-stop polyethylene floor construction, the G4Free portable privacy shelter provides the most effective alternative for bathing in the great outdoors. It is possible to drain water easily through this mesh floor, and there is no pooling of water (as with certain solid floor designs), while keeping your feet off the soil. The floor may also be simply removed if the terrain permits it, which is made possible by the velcro anchors. With a central height of around 6 feet 8 inches and a width and depth of approximately 4 feet wide, you’ll have plenty of space for your camping showers in this privacy tent.
In addition to the mesh top and retractable rain cover, as well as the mesh window, this portable shower tent will keep pests out while yet allowing it to breathe.
The mobility and simplicity of setup of the G4Free are the two most significant drawbacks.
At 10.5 pounds, this privacy tent is not one you’ll want to transport for long distances to your camping destination.
- A well-designed floor provides for drainage while also keeping your feet clean. Construction that is both sturdy and lasting
- In order to avoid silhouettes, a special silver coating is applied to the cloth. It has the capacity to accommodate a 15kg shower bag.
Ultimately, because of it’s spaciousness and ingenious design features, like an easy drain bottom, the G4Free privacy shelter takes home our top prize for best shower tent in general.
Kelty Blockhouse Portable Shower Tent
At little under 4 feet square and rising over 7 feet tall at its center height, the Kelty Blockhouse Privacy Shelter is a spacious and durable portable shower tent that will provide adequate space for even the tallest campers to freshen up in privacy and comfort. The Blockhouse offers a number of additional features to make life simpler (and cleaner? ), including a steel hook for hanging a shower bag, an exterior access for a solar shower bag tube, and several storage compartments hidden throughout the tent.
Because the tent fabric is strong and of good quality, unpleasant sunlight silhouettes will not be an issue when the tent is in use.
However, the tent weights a massive 13 pounds 10 ounces, which, even with the sling type carry bag, makes it an unwanted burden if you have to travel any length of time to reach your pitch.
While this pop-up option is more durable than many of the other pop-up solutions we’ve tested, it also has a longer and more complicated set-up and take-down process.
- Very roomy with plenty of head height
- Thick blocking tent fabric
- Useful extra features such as hooks and storage pockets
- Strong and durable
- Very spacious with plenty of head height
- One of the largest and heaviest portable shower tents available
- It is not the most easy to put together
Conclusion: The Kelty Blockhouse is a roomy outdoor showerprivacy tent that is excellent for the larger camper. It has a variety of useful amenities that make being clean in the wilderness much easier.
GigaTent The Stinky Pete Popup Toilet Tent
Budget-friendly and multifunctional, this gadget may serve as a shower as well as a toilet. In addition, it has a self-draining design, so there is no standing water at the bottom after bathing, and it has a vented roof, so it will not live up to its moniker of Stinky Pete after either a hot shower or a session in the toilet. Despite the fact that it is not the largest tent available on the market (it measures four feet by four feet 90 inches in height), this one will suffice. The stall also comes with a rain flap, which keeps you dry and protected from bad weather while you’re doing your thing inside.
They can be fussy, break, or cause other faults if not handled properly.
- This tent does not have a strong odor because of the adequate ventilation. The floor has a self-draining system. It is small and lightweight
- It is also portable.
- This tent does not have a strong odor because of the adequate ventilation provided. There is a self-draining system in place. As a result, it is small and lightweight
The bottom line is that budget campers who are familiar with setting up tents will appreciate this one because of its low cost and simplicity of movement.
Ozark Trail 2-Room 7′ x 3.5′ Privacy Pop-Up Tent
The Ozark Trail 2-Room Instant Shelter exceeds expectations on a number of levels. It may be used as a shower as well as a changing room/porta-potty area, and it is very spacious. This type is big and comfy, measuring seven feet long by three and a half feet deep, with a ceiling height of seven feet high. There are hooks for hanging your towel and clothing, and the whole thing takes only a few seconds to put together. While you’re running water, it’s well ventilated, so it won’t become stinky or overheated.
Because this model is a deluxe model, it is not as portable as some of the other models, and it must be completely staked down to avoid blowing away during transport.
It’s perfect for family camping and is surprisingly simple to put together.
- Putting it together is a breeze. The ability for two persons to change and shower at the same time. Because of the ample ventilation, this shower tent will not become nasty.
- It must be tied in order to avoid becoming unstable
- Otherwise, It is possible that some pooling will take place.
Overall, this spacious model is ideal for families or large groups of people, and it offers all of the conveniences of home right at your campground. Last updated on February 10, 2022 / Affiliate links included / Images sourced from the Amazon Product Advertising API