Amazon.com : Coleman New Outdoor Camping Waterproof 6 Person Instant Tent – 10’x9′ Foootprint : Family Tents : Sports & Outdoors
On September 30, 2016, a customer from the United States wrote: “Love this tent, very simple to put up and take down.” I recently arrived at our camp site in Joshua Tree about midnight. The campground was located a long distance away from where you would park your car. There were gusts of 25-30 mph wind, and we had no lighting.I set this tent up with minimal assistance from my 11 year old in less than 2 minutes, and it took another 3-4 minutes to stake it down.We had air mattresses set up and were in sleeping bags within 20 minutes of pulling up.The wind got worse throughout the night, but we had no issues.Other campers were arriving the following day and night, and watching them put together poles made me love this tent even more (see photo).
Top reviews from the United States
On September 30, 2016, it was reviewed in the United States and verified as a purchase. This tent is fantastic since it is so simple to set up and take down. I recently arrived at our camp site in Joshua Tree around midnight, which was unusual for me. The campground was located a long distance away from where you would park your car. It was freezing outside, the wind was blowing 25-30 mph in gusts, and there was little lighting. I built this up in less than 2 minutes with only a little assistance from my 11-year-old, and it took another 3-4 minutes to take it down.
The wind grew stronger throughout the night, but we experienced no problems.
- This tent made me even more in love with it (see the pics).
- This leaves plenty of space between the beds, as well as space at the feet of the beds, to move around.
- Although I am 6 feet tall and can stand up, I do not feel claustrophobic because of the height.
- Although I have not yet tented in the rain, after three camping excursions, I have come to like this tent much.
- According to the United States government, on September 30, 2016, This tent is fantastic since it is so simple to set up and take down.
- The campground was located a long distance away from where you would park your car.
- I built this up in less than 2 minutes with only a little assistance from my 11-year-old, and it took another 3-4 minutes to take it down.
The wind grew stronger throughout the night, but we experienced no problems.
This tent made me even more in love with it (see the pics).
This leaves plenty of space between the beds, as well as space at the feet of the beds, to move around.
Although I am 6 feet tall and can stand up, I do not feel claustrophobic because of the height.
Although I have not yet tented in the rain, after three camping excursions, I have come to like this tent much.
NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: It is not waterproof, which is particularly problematic during severe rains.
Note: I would want to be alerted when the waterproofing issue has been resolved so that I may repurchase the product.
This tent is fantastic!
I had to relocate a bit, and I enjoyed how easy it could be taken down (a few minutes for the tent even solo,a few more for the rainfly if you have help).
I purchased a fine, but affordable, cot, and the six-person quick tent was transformed into a one-person pimp pavilion for the night!
After arriving in the highlands, it began pouring heavily.
Despite the fact that my buddy who suggested this tent claimed that theirs never got wet without a rain cover, I was at an elevation of 7400 feet where it rained very hard at times!
Purchase that has been verified Tent is quite simple to set up and take down.
In that time, I’ve set it up and taken it down twice at camp, as well as once at home following its delivery.
With the wind, the sides sagged quite a little, but it wasn’t a major issue.
Pros: The ability to easily go up and down stairs.
Even though I am 6′, I can only really stand up in the middle, which is great because I love the roof vents.
It is impossible to hang a towel to dry or any other accessories.
Zippers are gathered together in the bottom corner of the door.
In the rain, the top center of the tent leaked.
I had purchased one, but had left it at home.
It wasn’t a lot, but it was enough that I needed to use my towel to soak it up.
On June 18, 2017, a review was conducted in the United States.
My husband is over 6 feet tall, and the two of us, as well as our 7-year-old, were able to comfortably share a room.
It’s wonderful not to have to feed poles through!
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product I was able to accommodate a queen and a twin air mattress with relative ease.
A queen and a twin air mattress were comfortably accommodated, with enough of space left over for storage, getting dressed, and other necessities.
I was able to put it together by myself right out of the box, despite the fact that I am not particularly strong.
It is, nonetheless, beneficial to have two when breaking it down.
Purchase that has been verified This was purchased for our family’s trip to Yellowstone National Park.
This tent was easily raised by myself in less than 5 minutes, despite having hiked for several exhausting miles before doing so.
The only drawback is having to put the gadget away.
I’m sure the YouTube videos have been edited to remove the parts where you get smashed fingers (when it folds up on you) and curse words from the dialogue.
Having said that, it was still completely worth it.
On October 17, 2018, a review was conducted in the United States.
As a result, it will take me more than one use before I can form a final judgment on it.
When it comes to setting it up, it takes less than a minute.
Because our ground was a little soft, two of the pegs broke free after the second night, causing the tent’s corners to become a little slack on that side of the tent.
However, I usually use a sheet to cover the bottom of the tent because the ground is so soft.
I have a broom that I bring with me when I go camping just for this purpose.
This method is a little more time consuming and entails essentially flattening the object with your body. Everything about my purchase has exceeded my expectations. After that, we’ll test how it performs on some winter camping trips.
Amazon.com : Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent Blue : Sports & Outdoors
This is my second Coleman Instant Tent, and the first was in 2010. The first of these is the one that is currently available on Amazon for $180 or less a pop. Due to leaking from some of the seams, I had to return it to the store. After returning the Instant Tent, I came across this more affordable model and purchased it, thinking I was saving money by purchasing the cheaper model instead. It looks to be an older model (gen. 1), since the tent material is thinner and the Coleman lantern emblem on the side is not reflective (as opposed to the $180 version, which has reflectivity to help you see where your tent is throughout the night and more easily navigate your way back to it).
- The “instant cabin” version of this tent, which is the third generation, is available for purchase on Amazon.
- My biggest complaint is that the material used in this version (the blue one) allows water to pass through (in contrast to the more expensive gen.
- If you’re trying to decide which version to purchase, bear this in mind.
- 3 on camp grounds, I have no firsthand experience with it.
- Six passengers can only fit in the vehicle if they are crammed in like sardines, with one person sleeping in front of the door, making for a less than pleasant ride.
- I’m 6 feet tall, and I was able to stand erect in the center of the tent.
- In addition, three over-sized cots may be accommodated, with no room on the sides but a little space in front of the cots.
It is a really simple and quick process to set up.
Even with more than one person, the initial takedown is swift, but getting it entirely folded up and into the bag takes some time.
This variant of the tent is water resistant to a certain extent.
Some of the seams on this less expensive variant are also leaking water.
Aside from that, water seeped through portions of the tent’s fabric as well.
Although the tent is technically waterproof, and the door and windows have a small built-in rain fly, it would be preferable if Coleman included a standard rain fly with the tent, as rain can get inside when, for example, you open the door fully to exit and, of course, through some of the seams and material of the tent itself.
- I did, and the tent is now far more comfortable.
- The top of the tent is kept cleaner as a result of this, as leaves and other debris are prevented from entering into the top mechanical.
- Easy to set up and take down, the rain fly is a breeze to use.
- As a result, it appears that the leaky seams are limited to the tent’s roof.
- In the months before this rainfly became available, I inquired with Ozark to see if they would be willing to offer only the rain fly, but received no response.
- Keep in mind that this is a single-wall tent, which means that if you don’t ventilate the tent, condensation will most likely form on the inside of the tent.
- When I first put up the tent, there was a strong wind blowing, and the vents were positioned such that they faced the direction of the wind.
- In 40 degree weather, this resulted in an uncomfortably cold draft.
- Simply position the tent such that the side that does not have a vent is towards the direction of the prevailing wind.
- The tent’s vents must be fully open in order to adequately ventilate it and prevent moisture accumulation.
- You’re not taking it on a camping trip with you.
Because of its ease of setup and takedown, I give the tent good marks, but the fact that it is not truly rainproof and that the weather fly is not included significantly lowers the overall rating.
Coleman 6 Person Tent • Popularity Ranked + Deals, Reviews & Recommendations
Hello, there, world! In brown and black, the RANK1Coleman Camping Tent | 6 Person Cabin Tent with Instant Setup is an excellent choice.
- It is weatherproof because to the welded corners and inverted seams that prevent water from entering. Improved ventilation: An integrated rainfly provides additional weather protection while also improving airflow. Constructed to last: Fabric that is twice as thick as the average is resistant to the elements year after year. Setup may be completed in as little as one minute. Interior dimensions are 10 × 9 feet with a central height of 6 feet
- It accommodates two queen-size air beds. A one-year limited warranty is included.
SALE! RANK2Coleman 6-Person Dome Tent with Screen Room | Evanston Camping Tent with. RANK2Coleman 6-Person Dome Tent with Screen Room | Evanston Camping Tent with.
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams prevent water from entering
- Included rainfly provides further protection. A conventional pitch may be set up in 15 minutes or less. Bug-free lounging: a full-floor screen area measuring 10 x 5 feet
- Interior dimensions are 10 by 9 feet, with a central height of 5 feet 8 inches. It accommodates two queen-size air beds. A carry bag has been included for convenience in storage. A one-year limited warranty is included.
SALE! RANK3Coleman Dome Camping Tent | Sundome Outdoor Tent with Easy Set Up | Coleman Dome Camping Tent | Sundome Outdoor Tent with Easy Set Up
- Water is kept out by the WeatherTec System’s innovative welded flooring and inverted seams. Interior and room with plenty of space
- The dome shape makes setup quick and simple, taking only 10 minutes. Pole sleeves that are snag-free and continuous for convenience
- Floor vents are recommended for optimal ventilation. The tent is kept cool by the large windows. Gear is kept safe in storage pockets. Pole attachments that withstand strong winds, 10 ft. by 10 ft. (three meters by three meters), can accommodate six people or two
- 6 ft. by 1888 meters in height, with plenty of room to stand and walk
- One-year guaranteed warranty
SALE! The RANK4Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room is a great option for camping.
- Two queen-size airbeds may be accommodated in this spacious 6-person tent. There is also a separate floorless screen area for bug-free resting. In order to keep you dry, the WeatherTec system incorporates proprietary welded flooring as well as inverted seams. The dimensions are 11 x 9 feet, with a central height of 6 feet 8 inches. The screen room is 9 by 6 feet in size. Included are a rainfly and an extensible carry bag.
The Coleman Camping Tent | Skydome Tent, Blue, 6 Person is ranked 5th in the ranking.
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. MORE HEADROOM: The almost vertical sides of the Coleman dome tent provide 20 percent more headroom than regular Coleman dome tents. WEATHER PROTECTION: The tub-like floor of the WeatherTec system, as well as the innovative welded corners and inverted design
- It is simpler to transport air mattresses, sleeping bags, and other items into and out of the tent when the door is wider. Roomy interiorextra storage: 7 × 5 feet with a center height of 4 feet
- Accommodates 1 queen-size air bed
- Dimensions: 7 x 5 feet with a central height of 4 feet COMPACT SIZE: Perfect for vehicle camping or trekking, and it comes with a handy carry bag
- PERFECT FOR: LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ONE YEAR
RANK6Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Screen Room | 6 Person Cabin Tent with Screen Room | Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Screen Room
- Enjoy bug-free relaxing on the screen porch, which provides 35% more room than comparable 6-person dome tents. Maintaining dryness is made possible with a detachable rainfly, as well as a tub-like floor with welded corners and inverted seams. ROOM TO STAND: The presence of vertical walls and an extra-high ceiling allows campers to stand straight and comfortably
- Panoramic windows bring in plenty of light, while ground vents help to circulate the air
- Excellent views and ventilation
- QUICK AND EASY SETUP: With a 3-pole design and color-coded continuous pole sleeves, you can have your tent up in as little as 10 minutes. DIMENSIONS: 13 x 10 ft. with a ceiling height of 6 ft. 4 in.
- Can accommodate two queen-size air beds. CARRY BAG: Included for convenient storage
- LIMITED WARRANTY OF ONE YEAR
RANK7Coleman Camping Tent | Dark Room Skydome Tent, Blue, 6 Person | RANK7Coleman Camping Tent | Dark Room Skydome Tent, Blue, 6 Person
- QUICK PITCH: Thanks to the pre-attached poles, it can be set up in about 5 minutes. TECHNOLOGY FOR DARK ROOMS: Blocks 90 percent of sunlight, allowing you to sleep in past daybreak. lowers heat (in comparison to a)
- MORE HEADROOM: The almost vertical sides of the Coleman dome tent provide 20 percent more headroom than regular Coleman dome tents. WEATHER PROTECTION: The tub-like floor of the WeatherTec system, as well as the proprietary welded corners and inverted seams
- It is simpler to transport air mattresses, sleeping bags, and other items into and out of the tent when the door is wider. ADDITIONAL STORAGE: Mesh storage pockets and a gear loft let you keep little items in their place. Roomy interior: 10 x 8 ft. 6 in. with a central height of 6 ft. INTERIOR SPECIFICATIONS accommodates two queen-size air beds LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ONE YEAR
SALE!RANK8Coleman Montana 6-Person Tent by Coleman
- The interior of this spacious 6-person tent offers enough space for two queen-size air beds. To keep water out, WeatherTec uses unique corner welds and inverted seams, which are exclusive to the company. Shoes and gear are kept dry by the extended door awning. The dimensions are 12 x 7 feet, with a central height of 5 feet 8 inches. Setup is quick and simple, taking only 15 minutes, and a carry bag is supplied for travelling.
SALE! RANK9Coleman Camping Tent with Screen Room | Carlsbad Dark Room Dome for 6 People | RANK9Coleman Camping Tent with Screen Room
- Dark room technology, which blocks 90 percent of sunlight (in comparison to a comparable Coleman tent), allows you to sleep comfortably. DECREASES HEAT: This allows for more comfortable resting at any time of day. Water is kept out by welded corners and inverted seams, which are also incorporated
- A rainfly is also supplied. REMAIN CONNECTED: The E-Port makes it simple to deliver electrical power into the building. PITCH CONVENTIONAL: It can be set up in 15 minutes. THERE IS BUGS-FREE LOUNGING: A full-floor screen room measuring 10 x 5 feet. DIMENSIONS: 10 × 9 ft. with a middle height of 5 ft. 8 in.
- Accommodates two queen-size air beds
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- DIMENSIONS: 10 x 9 ft.
SALE! RANK10Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent with Screen Room, 6-Person, RANK10Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent with Screen Room, 6-Person,
- A 6-person dome tent with a separate screen area for insect-free sitting and additional sleeping space is available. The Fast Pitch tent design can be put up in around 7 minutes. Using the WeatherTec system and the rainfly, you can keep the tent interior dry and comfortable. Designed to withstand season after season, the Polyguard fabric and sturdy frame are made to last. There is a 10-by-9-foot screen room with a 10-by-5-foot screen room
- It can fit two queen-sized airbeds.
SERPS| Search Engine Results Page The commissions we earn from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate are tax deductible.
Coleman 4-Person Cabin with Instant Setup Review
Despite the fact that construction is quick, simple, and affordable, this tent falls short in several important areas. Coleman”>Photo courtesy of Coleman”> Coleman provided the photograph. Price:$160 on Amazon |$121.93 on the list Pros: Setup was quite simple, and the views were spectacular. The pricing was also very reasonable. Cons: Limited headroom and shoddy workmanship throughout. Manufacturer:Coleman Our Editors do independent research, testing, and rating of the top items available. We only receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links.
More information may be found here.
- Ease of use is rated 15 percent 9.0, while space and comfort has a score of 5.0. Weather resistance receives a score of 7.0 and is rated 25 percent. Family Friendliness – 10% 3.0
- Friendliness with Others – 10% 3.0
The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup allows you to go camping in an instant. When it comes to speed and convenience, this one-step instant tent more than makes up for its lack of amenities and overall size with its pop-up design. This beautiful, economical, and “quick” option to simple and short overnight outings or backyard stay-cations, no-frills “couples getaways,” or a stress-free kid’s tent is the smallest tent in our camping tent review, both in terms of floor space and in terms of height.
Compare to Similar Products
|This ProductColeman 4-Person Cabin with Instant Setup||The North Face Wawona 6||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Screened 6|
|Price||$160List$121.93at Amazon||$449.95at BackcountryCompare at 3 sellers||$270List$269.95at Amazon||$80List$79.99at Amazon||$200List$119.99at Amazon|
|Pros||Super easy set up, good views, very nice price||Spacious, great layout, durable, very family friendly, high value||Spacious, easy to pitch, great views, inexpensive||Simple, very cheap, lightweight||Great fair weather vestibule, spacious interior, neat concept|
|Cons||Low headroom, poor overall construction||Not the easiest to pitch, only one door, odd bag||Fiberglass poles, small pockets, lack of ventilation with the rainfly on||Too simple, cheaply made, not durable||Hard to setup, doesn’t do well in rain, poor quality|
|Bottom Line||This tent is fast, easy, and inexpensive, though it falls short in some key areas||This tent has one of the best uses of space we have ever seen, a great choice for families or campers with lots of gear||Wherever this tent falls short in quality, it makes up for it in size, features, and overall value||A starter tent that works for those looking to get into camping on the cheap||While this tent looks good in photos, it performs poorly in weather resistance and general use|
|Rating Categories||Coleman 4-Person Ca.||The North Face Wawo.||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Sc.|
|Space And Comfort(35%)||5.0||9.0||7.0||5.0||6.0|
|Ease Of Use(15%)||9.0||7.0||8.0||8.0||3.0|
|Specs||Coleman 4-Person Ca.||The North Face Wawo.||Kelty Wireless 6||Coleman Sundome Dome 4||Coleman Evanston Sc.|
|Weight||8.26 kg | 18.2 lbs||9.93 kg | 21.9 lbs||7.8 kg | 17.2 lbs||4.45 kg | 9.8 lbs||9.48 kg | 20.9 lbs|
|Max Inside Height||1.5 m | 4′ 11″||1.98 m | 6′ 6″||1.93 m | 6′ 4″||1.5 m | 4′ 11″||1.73 m | 5′ 8″|
|Floor Dimensions||2.44m x 2.13m | 8′ x 7′||10′ x 8’6″||9’10” x 8’10”||2.74m x 2.13m | 9′ x 7′||3.05m x 2.74m | 10′ x 9′|
|Floor Area||5.2 m2 | 56 sq ft||7.9 m2 | 85 sq ft||8.07 m2 | 86.9 sq ft||5.85 m2 | 63 sq ft||8.36 m2 | 90 sq ft|
|Number of Doors||1||3||2||2||1|
|Vestibule Area||N/A||44.7 sq ft; 21 sq ft||2.6 m2 | 28 sq ft||N/A||3.72 m2 | 40 sq ft|
|Packed Size||100cm x 20.3cm x 20.3cm | 39.5″ x 8″ x 8″||24.1cm x 41.9cm x 64.8cm | 9.5″ x 16.5″ x 25.5″||68.6cm x 20.3cm x 20.3cm | 27″ x 8″ x 8″||17.1cm x 17.1cm x 60.3cm | 6.75″ x 6.75″ x 23.75″||69.6cm x 37.6cm x 26.2cm | 27.4″ x 14.8″ x 10.31″|
|Floor Materials||150D polyester||150D polyester||68D poly 1800mm||Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm||WeatherTec|
|Main Tent Materials||150D polyester||150D polyester||68D poly 1200mm, 40D No-see-um mesh||Polyester mesh 68D||Polyguard|
|Rainfly Materials||Polyguard 2X||75D polyester||68D poly 1200mm||Polyester taffeta 75D||Polyguard|
|Number of Poles||4||4||3||3||4|
|Pole Material||Aluminum||14 mm aluminum||Fiberglass||Fiberglass||Fiberglass|
|Extras||Integrated rainfly protection||Internal dry lines, hang loops, Velcro lantern loop||Pole pockets for easy setup||E-Port||Covered vestibule with floor|
Display the whole set of specifications Hide the complete set of specifications
Our Analysis and Test Results
With its simple design, the Coleman Cabin with Instant Setupis a charming little tent that doesn’t pretend to be anything other than extremely simple to erect. The tent goes from bag to completely built and anchored in less than 60 seconds, which is far faster than the manufacturer advertises. The construction quality isn’t fantastic, and the entrance only opens halfway, and the window coverings merely flap in the wind once they’re opened, but if you’re looking for a very simple tent that is inexpensive and ridiculously quick to set up, stop looking because you’ve found a winner.
This fast tent took longer to put together than it did to put the chairs and table together. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke In comparison to erecting this fast tent, assembling the chairs and table took longer. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
Space and Comfort
With 56 square feet of space, you can accommodate two twin air mattresses with about a foot of hallway remaining, or you can fill the entire tent from floor to ceiling with a full and a twin air mattress each. TheCabinwasn’t actually designed to accommodate four people, but if you were in a hurry, you could make it work. The entrance only opens halfway, which is a frustrating characteristic that may be found in other Coleman tents as well. As a result, getting in and out is uncomfortable and time-consuming.
The sole flaw in the windows is that they do not have any ties or other means of securing them once they have been opened, so they are just allowed to dangle.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke There is just enough room in this 4-person tent for a full and a twin air mattress.” Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
The Cabin will perform well in both hot and cold conditions. The single-walls are fully seam-sealed and provide excellent covering all around the building. A heavyweight 150D polyester is used to construct the tub-style floor and the tent walls. Along with the two pre-attached guylines, the six stakes that come with the kit will be sufficient to hold the low-profile design in place. If the weather becomes too hot, the wide windows on both sides of the tent and door, as well as the two top vents, will enable plenty of air to circulate within the structure.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>Unfortunately, the unexpectedly huge windows have no place to fold away when the zipper is pulled.
Ease of Use
There isn’t much to say about this tent because it is an instant setup tent, after all. To put the tent together after it has been taken out of the bag, simply lift up on each side until you hear a “click,” and you’re done. Putting the stakes and guyline in place is the most difficult component of the setup. Although this tent weighs 18.2 pounds, you could knock it down a notch for the size of the bag it comes in – packing this one back up took a bit more effort than usual, but it wasn’t too horrible.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke In case you fail to draw the fulcrum points out before closing, a handy soft mesh protects your fingertips with a simple pull. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
The primary construction isn’t too bad considering that the entire tent is constructed of 150D polyester and that all of the seals are seam-sealed. But the zippers and mesh netting are poorly constructed, and the bag will not last more than a season before it tears or begins to seep water into the interior. Despite the fact that the poles are constructed of aluminum, they are held together by a large number of sliding plastic components. The quality of the guylines that are included is poor. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>The guylines that are included are of doubtful quality.
The fact that this is a terrific tent to carry along with you for the kids or to use for some extra covered storage does not make it perfect for the whole family. With only 56 square feet of space, this will be cramped quarters, and if it rains, spending an entire day in this tent will put everyone’s stamina to the test. TheCabinis the ideal kids’ tent, parent tent, or gear tent, but you can only choose one of these configurations. This tent is ideal for use as a supplementary tent for guests or equipment.
Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke
When you combine the low price point with the really straightforward setup, you get a fair deal of value for your money. Expect nothing extravagant other than a tent that even the kids or your first-time camping companion can put together with minimal assistance.
The rapidity with which this tent is erected has a magical quality to it. Sleepovers, outdoor movies, and allowing your children to bring a friend since you have a Coleman Cabin with Instant Setup as a backup are all excellent reasons to consider the Coleman Cabin with Instant Setup. Just keep in mind that you are only purchasing simplicity and quickness, nothing more. A top-down view of the Coleman Cabin, which is tiny yet extremely fast. Photograph courtesy of Rob Gaedtke “>A top-down view of the Coleman Cabin, which is tiny yet fast.